Cornwall Football Forum

goalkeeping record or not??

I Jamie Chown have played all season for carharrack res team in falmouth div 3. we have had a good season but no one else more than me i believe and i can say this im captain lol. This season i have had a large amount of penalties against me 11 in fact i have saved 10 of these so ive only conceded 1 penalty all season. and yesterday vs porthleven rgers i even managed to get my first goal of the season from u never guess it the spot lol. i was just seein if any1 out there this season has a similar recorded and also in history. many thanks jamie :c::c::smiley20::yahoo: :thumbsup:

i'm sure i remember reading quite a few years ago about a goalkeeper down here hoping to go in the guiness book of records for scoring a hatrick, can't remember who he played for but i think his last name may have been 'thomas', but not 100% sure. maybe someone else may remember it.

i'm sure i remember reading quite a few years ago about a goalkeeper down here hoping to go in the guiness book of records for scoring a hatrick, can't remember who he played for but i think his last name may have been 'thomas', but not 100% sure. maybe someone else may remember it.

Don't think if he did he'd get into the guiness book of records because unless i'm wrong José Luis Chilavert (think thats how its spelt) scored a hat trick all from penalties.

Don't think if he did he'd get into the guiness book of records because unless i'm wrong José Luis Chilavert (think thats how its spelt) scored a hat trick all from penalties.

Yeah your right Anita, he did it playing for Velez of Argentina. He was also sent-off in that very game for handling the ball outside of his area!!! :c:

I Jamie Chown have played all season for carharrack res team in falmouth div 3. we have had a good season but no one else more than me i believe and i can say this im captain lol. This season i have had a large amount of penalties against me 11 in fact i have saved 10 of these so ive only conceded 1 penalty all season. and yesterday vs porthleven rgers i even managed to get my first goal of the season from u never guess it the spot lol. i was just seein if any1 out there this season has a similar recorded and also in history. many thanks jamie :c::c::smiley20::yahoo::thumbsup:

Didn't you post this exact same thread a couple of months ago?

I Jamie Chown have played all season for carharrack res team in falmouth div 3. we have had a good season but no one else more than me i believe and i can say this im captain lol. This season i have had a large amount of penalties against me 11 in fact i have saved 10 of these so ive only conceded 1 penalty all season. and yesterday vs porthleven rgers i even managed to get my first goal of the season from u never guess it the spot lol. i was just seein if any1 out there this season has a similar recorded and also in history. many thanks jamie :c::c::smiley20::yahoo::thumbsup:

Didn't you post this exact same thread a couple of months ago?

Now you come to mention it stig i do remember a similar post a little while ago! :c:

yeh i did but ive been unable 2 find the post but the fa have told me to find out about this 9 saves 1 missed hit the bar vs st day of all teams in the last min. the cornwall fa have told me 2 c if ne1 has a similar record or better due to they looking at rewarding keepers for clean sheets and pen saves cuz strikers get goals keepers deserve sumthing 2 now. and its not blowing my own trumpet rob its alot of ppl have said it the best record they heard for a long long time so its worth a shout they said. :thumbsup:

Guest geachy1

(Am I just too old, or is anyone else getting a headache just reading that text-speak? :glare: )

i think your to old :P

As again it was posted in the thread before, many people have done this, similar, or some have even bettered it. I have a similar record at a SENIOR level and many others do so it is blowing your own trumpet a lot really. And lets be honest, no offence but FH3 is not exactly the most technically gifted penalty taking league!

Well done anyway though, is still a very impressive record! :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

Guest geachy1

bloody hell lads give the lad sum credit wot eva standard it is a penalty is a penalty and needs to be saved if he keept that many out well done

yeh i did but ive been unable 2 find the post but the fa have told me to find out about this 9 saves 1 missed hit the bar vs st day of all teams in the last min. the cornwall fa have told me 2 c if ne1 has a similar record or better due to they looking at rewarding keepers for clean sheets and pen saves cuz strikers get goals keepers deserve sumthing 2 now. and its not blowing my own trumpet rob its alot of ppl have said it the best record they heard for a long long time so its worth a shout they said. :thumbsup:

If the Cornwall F.A. are seriously considering rewarding goalkeepers for doing their job, then I will seriously consider restarting my old hobby of giving them regular grief for their lack of joined up thinking. (Not a real challenge).

They bang on about clubs and players respecting referees and yet do absolutely F.A. to recognise and reward the clubs that actually do it, season in and season out.

Well done for the keeping record, but there are much more important things for the CFA to do. What about an efficient way of telling clubs what's going on?

OK 4 U 2 C that? (Sorry, that's not good)

I'm not beeing funny but what about the other goals you let in this season including 6 og's.

my sons mate says he used to play wing half with you and says that Pork Chop Chowney is so slow they had to mark the pitch around you......... :yahoo:

I know that when it comes to penalties you dont need to be the fittest but rappo will probably smash a backheeler penalty past you with his velcro boots on. Or he could go down in history as the first ever 'header pen'. :drink:

Ps. Dont forget to put the burger van downwind of Chowneys goal on May 18th. :smiley20:

Guest Chris

oh dear, i cant believe you came on here twice to tell everyone how good you are! i expect rappo will put all 5 past you!

pootash i think u may b wrong there cuz we have had the same wb all season !! so gutted on that 1. and i think ull find we conceded are first og of the season last nite so u really do need 2 get ur facts rite and get ur so called sons mate 2 get his facts rite cuz mayb he was so shit he cudnt even get in are team lol!! now who looks a **** lol!!!!!!!!!!! and im not on here 2 boost my ego lol i got asked to find out what records there are this season!! and as for playin higher ive been asked but i just play football 2 enjoy a sat with mates win or lose and go bk pub for chat and pint thats what football shud b about not money and trophies which ive already won alot of so thank u and goodbye ######

Guest Monty

JAMIE.

Even if you served in both Gulf Wars and many other hostile countries you would still get dissed on here by muppets,

Clearly that is a record to be proud of and its great to see that you have risen to the legends challenge of double or quits.

Keep on going jamie there are plenty more games left to add to the tally.

Let me know how many penalties Rappo is taking against you and i will sponsor you on how many you save and donate to the Charity represented.

Ah - this gets better and better - subject to confirmation from Rappo who is sleeping off nights I think it will be 5 penalties taken - but if there is money for charity involved we could always make it more!

2.45pm Enys Parc Sunday 18th May and the charity is The Lowen Ward at Treliske Hospital - cheques payable to Royal Cornwall Hospital Charitable Funds and sent to me a 3, Castle Meadows, St Agnes TR5 0UB please. Thank you!

Mandy Kimmins