Cornwall Football Forum

Another manager steps down

Apologies to the east of the county that probably already know but Dobwalls will be on the look-out for a new manager in the close season as Mike Beckett's last game was the club's 2-1 win at Millbrook.

It seems that Beckett was always likely to have a short stay at Lantoom Park, making it clear that he would be looking to move on at the end of the season. He's been quoted as saying : “My assistant Martin Hodge is staying on at the club and that can only be good news for them because he has been fantastic for me this season.

“I go with no animosity and hopefully leaving the club in a good, solid position and hoping they can kick on again next season under a new manager.

“I always targetted a top six finish and the only thing that galls me is that but for a few silly results we would have been top five.”

Dobwalls finished eighth.

While Hodge, a successful championship winning ex-Liskeard manager, is favourite to take over as manager for Dobwalls, it's also suggested, although unconfirmed, that Beckett might possibly end-up at Wadebridge as a coach under Stuart Dudley.

All the best to Mike where ever he ends up. did a great job for us with no budget and like he said without a few silly results we would of finished in the top 6. We struggled to put the same side out 2 games in a row with injuries and other commitments so really what he achieved along with hodgey has to be classed as a good achievement.

And having played for Wadebridge he could do alot worse than working there and would think he would benifit them aswell.