Cornwall Football Forum

Nani the numpty

I think I've just watched the most outrageous bit of 'sportsmanship' (or cheating as I prefer to call it!!) since Rivaldo at the World Cup in 2002.

To headbutt an opponent (when you're team are 3-1 up and cruising) and then fall to the floor pretending you're the victim, really does take some 'front'.

However the reaction of Mr Ferguson on the touchline was a sight to behold, instead of berating his daft player for the disgraceful way he behaved, he stalked the 4th official for the next 5 to 10 mins, no doubt giving a torrent of abuse and was screaming for cautions & sending offs everytime a West Ham player was within 5 yards of a Man Utd. Now this is from a man, who, about a month ago adopted the 'holier than thou' stance when we had the hoop-la about respecting the officials and claimed that since the famous Andy D'Urso incident of a few years back that his United team do not hound referees and officials!!!!

Fergie is not the only manager that does this and it's about time our famous governing body, the FA, pulled their thumbs out their ass and realised that pumping £200m into grass roots football is not gonna make a blind bit of difference to the 'role models' that strut around the Premier League thinking they're above the rules.

The sooner the FA start dishing out BIG fines and bans to the offending parties then, maybe, just maybe we will start to see an end to this cancer that is enveloping the beautiful game, because (and this is more relevant to the grass roots) without the officials to control the game, there would be no game at all and no big bucks in the bank accounts to buy the new houses, cars & pretty girls that they seem to cherish so much more than the glory of the game!

Guest crosser

as a west ham fan i'm pretty disgusted in the way neil acted he hardly touched him and he fell to the floor like he had took a right hand from tyson. That action probably made nani do what he did doesn't make it right but could be the reason for why fergie wasn't to happy. Absolute joke and i thought aussies were supposed to be tough :SM_carton:

Guest mariner

Vrey honest of you crosser aussie or not players are allways looking for cheap and dirty tricks to get fellow players cards

They both should have been sent off for behaving like girls on the pitch,they should be ashamed of themselves,could you imagine them showing that clip to their kids or grandkids,look how much of a girl i used to be when i played in the premiership.What a joke they are.

Guest crosser

yeah i know but come on its the end of season we can't do any better than 10th, the game was over he would have gained more respect by just laughing it off, this is supposed to be an experienced professional.

you posted at the same time as me r and l that was a reply to mariner. but they should be embarrassed of themselves

My take on the incident was that Neill kneeled Nani :blink::blink::blink: in the back then lent over and tried to touch his balls. Nani in turn tried nutting Neill in the balls as he was getting to his feet and then put the most feeble nut on Neill the premiership has ever seen. Neill obviously went down like he had been shot and then Nani went down to try and con the officials. :SM_carton: Shocking!! :SM_carton: 5 game ban for Nani for violent conduct. Fergie will probably give him a two week fine when he sits down and watches the video evidence, and finally an Oscar for the pair of them. Apart from that, thought United ripped the hammers to pieces all over the park. Some great goals and leaves the ball in Chelsea's court!

They both should have been sent off for behaving like girls on the pitch,they should be ashamed of themselves,could you imagine them showing that clip to their kids or grandkids,look how much of a girl i used to be when i played in the premiership.What a joke they are.

Girls don't behave like that on the pitch, for starters most wouldn't head butt as they wouldn't want to mess their hair :D :drink:

You are pretty close about the incident. I agree with you John the baptist up to a point that when Nani got to his feet still felling angry Neil clipped him across the face and then Nani lost it. I Also felt that Neil did either pinch Nani on the inside of the thigh or actually nipped his balls. In any case three wrongs don't make a right and I think good old Riley didn't have a clue and should have sent off Neil.

Guest Bushranger

as a west ham fan i'm pretty disgusted in the way neil acted he hardly touched him and he fell to the floor like he had took a right hand from tyson. That action probably made nani do what he did doesn't make it right but could be the reason for why fergie wasn't to happy. Absolute joke and i thought aussies were supposed to be tough :SM_carton:

Crosser mate,in general i would say that aussies are a tough breed but not footballers,i play at grass roots level here and believe me they treat football virtually as a non contact sport and i have copped a good few suspensions in my time here,its no wonder mind you when they see lucas neill react the way he did,and while im on the subject the locals here all love to appeal to the ref requesting the showing of a card,now that does piss me off!! :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Agree with you about the card issue. If any players suggests to the referee that someone should be booked or sent off, that player should be booked. The influx of foreigners hasn't helped this as we've seen them on numerous occassions waving their hand with an invisible card to suggest showing a card. And while we're on the subject, surely if the FA say that if anyone but the captain approaches the referee to moan, argue, curse etc about anything on the field of play, a yellow card should be shown :SM_carton_y::SM_carton_y: Yes it would probably take a few weeks of ridiculous amounts of yellows, but the players would soon get the message.