Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 03/05/08

Mining 3

Portreath Res 1 Redruth Utd Res 2 :drink::thumbsup:

A good come back in our last game of the season from 1-0 down after a terrible clearance by me straight to the portreath player and in the end we probably should have won by more but all credit to portreath they never gave up and battled right to the end. Well done lads and bring on next season

Congrats to Portreath first team on the league title and good luck in the combo next season

Thats Goonhaven and St just both being unable to raise sides at the end of the season!!!! Truro were deducted points the following season in the Combo for this so not only lost the game but were punished for not being arsed which I think is a good idea any one else feel this way??

Too right Pitty. At this stage of the season sometimes u dont have the strongest side available but we will always honour the fixture, even i have to play sometimes :wacko:

I agree that if you cannot raise a side, that team should not only forfeit the points but also have another 3 deducted. That way teams are not so safe!!!

Too right Pitty. At this stage of the season sometimes u dont have the strongest side available but we will always honour the fixture, even i have to play sometimes :wacko:

I agree that if you cannot raise a side, that team should not only forfeit the points but also have another 3 deducted. That way teams are not so safe!!!

Absolutely, forefeit the points on the day, have a further 3 taken off for being so bloody slack and then line them up against the wall and shoot the bastards. If you can't raise a team, don't bloody register so many teams at the start of the season. :angry2:

Absolutely, forefeit the points on the day, ......... If you can't raise a team, don't register so many teams at the start of the season.

Too many clubs have too many teams without enough players! If it happens twice in a season - expel them from the league.

After all why pay affiliation fees, insurance etc., etc., if you can't raise a team?

I think the fine should be financial as it is in the Duchy league, I think £50 per game should cover it!

And the points plus 3 games in a season and out!

St Just always do it!

Having said this, some teams need to plan on winning their own games rather than focus on deducting points from other teams to get the required points to stay up.

I think the fine should be financial as it is in the Duchy league, I think £50 per game should cover it!

And the points plus 3 games in a season and out!

St Just always do it!

Having said this, some teams need to plan on winning their own games rather than focus on deducting points from other teams to get the required points to stay up.

Pearsey I think your missing the point here. If you can't raise a side you automatically lose the points anyway so although myself and Gulval have voiced an opinion it's not to our advantage!! What the frustrating thing is that at this time of year too many teams who have nothing to play for or can't put out their strongest team don't really care if they lose points or not, however if they were to be fined points that would come into effect the following season whatever league they are in I bet more of an effort would be made to fulfil fixtures rather then opposing teams having an enforced free saturday afternoon.

I think this idea should be brought up with the powers that be at the relevant league AGM's this year for discussion and opinions

Pearsey, all games played, managers from both teams having to play on occasions, no games called off!

Thats the point.

If we don't have enough then so be it, but we would not cheat people out of a place in the league because we cannot be bothered to play a game, whatever end of the table we were at.

Storm 6-2 St.Just

Excellent performance from the lads with the type of football we should be playing every week!

A near full-strength side with the return of Dixie and Wadey, leads us into the Semi-final on Thursday looking pretty strong.

I agree with the points deductions in the previous posts, with perhaps greater deductions for persistent offenders!