Cornwall Football Forum

TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE

HI GUYS GOT TO DO A QUIZ ON FOOTBALL IN WEEK OR SO AND WAS WONDERING IF YOU BOYS HAD ANY GOT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ANYTHING ON FOOTBALL

ALSO FRANK RYKAARD IS ONE OF 5 PLAYERS TO WIN EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS CUP AS PLAYER AND MANAGER WHO ARE THE OTHER FOUR ??

WUD BE GREAT HELP BOYS

KIND REGARDS :D

Guest thebigfella

HI GUYS GOT TO DO A QUIZ ON FOOTBALL IN WEEK OR SO AND WAS WONDERING IF YOU BOYS HAD ANY GOT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ANYTHING ON FOOTBALL

ALSO FRANK RYKAARD IS ONE OF 5 PLAYERS TO WIN EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS CUP AS PLAYER AND MANAGER WHO ARE THE OTHER FOUR ??

WUD BE GREAT HELP BOYS

KIND REGARDS :D

1. JOHAN CRUYFF

2. GIOVANNI TRAPATTONI

3. CARLO ANCELOTTI

4. MIGUEL MURIOZ

I THANK YOU!!! :clapper:

Aged 17 years, 4 months, who is the youngest player ever to wear a Real Madrid shirt in a competitive game, making his debut in October 1994?

Guest crosser

some others....

Which football ground is situated closest to the river Mersey?

Who is the only player to score a hat-trick in the Premiership, Championship, League 1, League 2, (or the divisions under their previous names), the League Cup, the FA Cup and for his country?

Which is the only team to have played in the Premier League, the old old Divisions 1, 2, 3 and 4, and Divisions 3 South and 3 North?

Which English teams are furthest north, south, east and west? all the answers are in the top 2 leagues

Half football, half Cricket question...

Which sporting venues are the only two to host both an England Football International match, and an England Cricket Test Match?

Guest crosser

crosser -brooking in 1980,tranmere,john aldridge,

brooking :clapper: the others are wrong though

Which sporting venues are the only two to host both an England Football International match, and an England Cricket Test Match?

old trafford

old trafford

Nope, Old Trafford, MUFC and Old Trafford, Lancashire CC are two different grounds.

Guest crosser

bramall lane and the oval

bramall lane and the oval

Correct.

Which football ground is situated closest to the river Mersey? STOCKPORT COUNTY

Who is the only player to score a hat-trick in the Premiership, Championship, League 1, League 2, (or the divisions under their previous names), the League Cup, the FA Cup and for his country? ROBERT EARNSHAW

Which is the only team to have played in the Premier League, the old old Divisions 1, 2, 3 and 4, and Divisions 3 South and 3 North? COVENTRY CITY

Which English teams are furthest north, south, east and west? all the answers are in the top 2 leagues

NEWCASTLE NORWICH AND ARGYLE (SOUTH AND WEST)

Guest crosser

Which football ground is situated closest to the river Mersey? STOCKPORT COUNTY

Who is the only player to score a hat-trick in the Premiership, Championship, League 1, League 2, (or the divisions under their previous names), the League Cup, the FA Cup and for his country? ROBERT EARNSHAW

Which is the only team to have played in the Premier League, the old old Divisions 1, 2, 3 and 4, and Divisions 3 South and 3 North? COVENTRY CITY

NEWCASTLE NORWICH AND ARGYLE (SOUTH AND WEST)

:clapper: all correct :clapper:

I IM'ed you Iamthebest, no worries.

Where in England are the World Cup Gates. At West Aucklands ground. West Auckland won the inaugral World Cup, originally known as the Sir Thomas Lipton Cup, twice. They beat Juventus 6 - 1 in Turin. They pawned the cup later because of financial difficulties.

Guest crosser

some more!!

Which side at one time had six past, present and future England captains in the same team, and in which year?

Name the only team out of the 92 whose name starts with 5 consonants?

What was used in the 1973 FA Cup Final and never used again?

What player has played in the North London, Merseyside, Manchester derbies, has won the Premiership, FA Cup, Champions League and European Championship?

Who is the only team to win the FA cup in Yorkshire?

Guest Postie Pidge

Which side at one time had six past, present and future England captains in the same team, and in which year? ??

Name the only team out of the 92 whose name starts with 5 consonants? CRYSTAL PALACE

What was used in the 1973 FA Cup Final and never used again? ORANGE BALL

What player has played in the North London, Merseyside, Manchester derbies, has won the Premiership, FA Cup, Champions League and European Championship?

Who is the only team to win the FA cup in Yorkshire? BARNSLEY WON A REPLAY IN SHEFFIELD IN 1914

NOW SOME FROM ME

Who are the only team to win the FA Cup in the Midlands?

Which British ground is closest to the sea?

Who were the last team to withdraw from the Football League?

What coincidence occurred when Dundee Harp beat Aberdeen Rovers 35-0?

Who were the first winners of the League Cup Final played at Wembley?

What is commonly known as the coldest venue in the Football League earning the ground a nickname "Ice Station Zebra"?

What is the highest ground in the Football League?

Which club did Juventus get their striped black and white shirts from?

Guest crosser

Who are the only team to win the FA Cup in the Midlands? trick question? Blackburn!

Which British ground is closest to the sea? Gayfiled Park Abroath

Who were the last team to withdraw from the Football League? at a guess blackburn rovers

What coincidence occurred when Dundee Harp beat Aberdeen Rovers 35-0? Arbroath 36-0 Bon Accord setting a record that Dundee harp had thought they set, the story does go on but that should be enough :D

Who were the first winners of the League Cup Final played at Wembley? QPR

What is commonly known as the coldest venue in the Football League earning the ground a nickname "Ice Station Zebra"? Boundary park

What is the highest ground in the Football League? WBA

Which club did Juventus get their striped black and white shirts from? Notts County

Which English team has 2/3's of it's ground in England and 1/3rd in another Country?

chester?? I'm bored and I can't sleep :angry2:

Guest Postie Pidge

Which five clubs have been awarded the UEFA badge of honour and the right to keep the European Cup trophy permanently?

Who was the one armed player for Uruguay that scored in a world cup final??

How many years between Chelsea first winning the league and the 2nd time they won it?

I've got loads more, me and a mate where bored one night and did a footie quiz, :D :drink:

Guest crosser

The last team to withdraw from the Football League were Maidstone United

I'm not going to argue but I have to disagree the last team to withdraw from the football league changes every year as it should be the championship play off winner as they withdraw/resign from the football league to take their place in the premier league. Still makes my answer wrong though lol :P

Who was the one armed player for Uruguay that scored in a world cup final??

Castro 1930 world cup final

How many years between Chelsea first winning the league and the 2nd time they won it?

1954–55, 2004–05, 49 years

still bored :D

Guest Postie Pidge

Jack and Smith. David (?) Jack and Jack Smith.

And the Bolton keeper **** Pym I believe was from Topsham and I think he was a fisherman at some point

Guest jumpersforgoalposts

some others....

Which football ground is situated closest to the river Mersey?

Stockport.

What is the Highest football League ground above sea level?

West Brom

Guest Peppermint

Brilliant Postie - actually David Jack is correct and it was Joe Smith who I think managed the Blackpool team that won the FA Cup in 1953.

You are also correct about the keeper.

Guest Postie Pidge

The great Billy Connolly! It's a common fact that although Billy became known as The White Horse with PC George Scorey, he was actually grey in colour

George or Billy?

You're correct and I know it. The film is a tad grainy though and Billy does look more white than grey.

Here's one for ya P P: which ex England player was known as 'Budgie'?

Wouldn't it be great for the 'Big Yin' to put his money where is mouth is. Think I might write to him and tell him to extract his digit.

Cathkin Park is still in existence, even the concrete terraces are still there.