Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Manager and Players of the Year??

Guest Meagundo

Guest Meagundo

Who would be the Combo manager n players of the year has to be a close call, a shout for player of the year has to be Dominic Pullen 50 goals in 1 season is a hell of an effort.

He may not be a player or a manager but Penzance's secretary John Mead. He has been a vital role for both teams for many years, and probably many years to come. Over the last season he has worked hard, along with some others from the penzance 'managment' to keep the teams going forward even through loss of both the first team and several second team managers, and hopefully for many seasons to come he will continue his vital role. Well done John! :clapper:

^_^

He may not be a player or a manager but Penzance's secretary John Mead. He has been a vital role for both teams for many years, and probably many years to come. Over the last season he has worked hard, along with some others from the penzance 'managment' to keep the teams going forward even through loss of both the first team and several second team managers, and hopefully for many seasons to come he will continue his vital role. Well done John! :clapper:

^_^

yes your right top man is john :clapper:

Guest Helston Patriot

:P

Best youngster I saw last season was a young lad playing for RNAS Culdrose when Pz played over there. He had slightly dark skin and played in the No 17 shirt. Brilliant on and off the ball but still clumsy in the challenge. Anyone know his name?

M. Brooks

Well it has to be Dave Fisher he manages to get a small village side to produce good youngsters and get some experienced lads to join him.

I should know as i have been lucky enough to play for him ( well i am a Perranwell boy)

And the best player has to be Jon Blundell ( ask Porthlevens Gary Marks ) :c:

Clearly the Portleven manager has had a great 1st season back in combo - just as St Day did last year. I also think Winno has done a great job with Hellston and but for Truro's run away title success, he was up there challenging with a strong Helston side who have under-achieved in recent years.

A shout out too for our Vic Osborne at Newquay...After early season promise (10 pts from 1st 5 games) we slipped down the table following a sticky patch under my 'management' and I was delighted to see Vic return to the club to take charge and let me concentrate on my fading playing career ! Vic has steered us to a position where we are challenging for a top 6 finish with about 45 points from his 26 league games and has turned us from perrenial strugglers into genuine challengers for 2008-09. We are perhaps the most well disciplined and united team in the league right now and a 5v0 hammering of Holmans today was testiment to the turnaround at Newquay. Well done and thanks. Stand up and take a bow - Victor.

Papparone, Pullen and Blundell will steal all the headlines for their goalscoring exploits...but Truro must surely have the best player in their team. My vote would go to "Skinner" their little midfield maestro.

Guest Peppermint

There are a lot of candidates in a very competitve league for honours but I would echo Jollyman's comments about Vic Osborne who along with his assistant Lol McKune has done a superb job for the Peppermints. Nice to see them in the top half of the table instead of in the bottom three!!

Winno hs transformed Helston and who could possibly argue with Dom Pullen who has scored so manygoals. Perhaps Scott Palmer has an even bigger goal ratio per game!

Finally congratulations tothe ChampionsTruro City.

I was very surprised to see Josh (former Illogan midfielder) playing for Holmans today, he has always been a very good young midfielder who I am sure will achieve a lot. I can't imagine Illogan were too happy to see him move on? In the three previous games I have seen him this season he has always performed well in the middle.

The best players I have seen this season would be Justin Harrington who has been a different class, Dom Pullen as he never fails to score.

Vic Osborne has done a cracking job to help Newquay progress, it certainly feels like we are starting to compete and we will hopefully keep the core of our side together and give our best again next season. I guess Dave Fisher will take the accolade if he manages to achieve second spot with Perranwell...

"What is going on at Perranwell" the results are amazing who said a bunch of nobody's you should be on TV "cant win nothing with kids"remember that,,Well done Mr Dave Fisher,,,and Co how many years has he been down their now,,,,??????????? is it 40+ yrs Should the Combo not give him some sort of medal ????? and what about the CCFA quick to fine you when you bring the game into disrepute but dead slow to thank its staff for doing a fine and fantastic job well done Mr Fisher hope you win the combo league for get Truro so much is the love of the game there is no truro side in combo next year shocking Hay if Perranwell beat Helston the league should pay tribute to Davvid Fisher at Perranwells end of Season dinner dance even if he does not its way over due,,,,be nice for radio cornwall to mention Dave Fishers service to cornish football and the team that helps him out Would even be nice for Radio Cornwall to come down and do a show from Perranwell next season the first home game ,,,,,,,thats a thought life away from Truro City FC "there is life jim but not as we know it"good old local radio,