Cornwall Football Forum

Millbrook info required

Guest Slush

Guest Slush

Having just joined this site, I'm trying to find anyone who can provide me with some useful information about Millbrook FC.

Having mentioned my family connections with the place on the "Introduction" thread I won't bore you with them again here but suffice to say it would be nice to know a little more about my ancestral home town club than just the current management situation and defeat for their under-18s in the County Cup Final - not that both topics aren't of interest of course. I am particularly interested in the historical side of things as well as wondering if the Club have any intentions to launch their own web site - they must be one of very few without now?

Anyway, anybody who can help can make contact here or via my own club web site at: http://www.easington-united.co.uk/

The only story I have from Millbrook is before they joined the SWL in 1980-81, Penzance played them in the Cornwall Senior Cup. Their ground was a field at the top of the village and was like 3 levels from one end to the other.

Before the game started the Pz keeper, Pete Collins, put the ball on the ground at the top end and it rolled all the way to the other without anyone touching it!

I remember that we had a walk around the village before the match and where their ground is now they were dumping rubbish to fill up the land.

Next time I went their present ground was built and was all spanking new.