Holman SC 6-3 RNAS Culdrose

Perranwell 8-0 Perranporth

Porthleven Reserves 1-3 St Ives Town

Truro City Reserves 8-1 Newquay Reserves

Wendron CC United 2-2 St Just

Please can you post the results for tonights matches

CTB

Thanks Mike.

That's it everyone, the leagues been won so nothing to play for but pride.

Bleeding Surfer Boys from North Cornwall should have stood up to them :P

Sorry for the delay replying Mike.

I was on the Truro Fans Forum reading the posts. It looks to me like they're a rabid dog biting at their own leg. They are not happy on there even with all those trophies.

The wheels are falling off the bandwagon at Truro.

Guest Peppermint

Iwas at the game at Treyew Road and Truro City did win 8-1 and there was always going to be one result. Newquay did not help themselves by gifting at least four goals by giving the ball away in dangerous positions.

Congratulations to City Reserves on winning the lead and Mr Beer's friend the Chairman of the Combination League was there to present the trophy after the match.

It shows the vast gulf between sides in the league when Newquay can beat good sides but get hammered by Truro so heaven knows what the bottom sides are like!

One note of absolute overkill at Treyew Road was the ridiculous sight of at least three stewards in yellow jackets at the match. Were they expecting trouble from the few supporters fom Newquay!!!!!

[i'll make this quick as I don't want to hijack the results thread. We are not all unhappy and feeling rabid on the City bandwagon. And even if the wheels come off, the real fans will stay seated and then help to get out and push/drag.]

Oh, and let's hear it for the Reserves! From -6 to Champions!

Maybe the stewards were there to help any OAPs or newcomers, rather than as crowd control for the well-behaved Peppermint supporters! [that's not sarcasm, btw]

Guest RedDel

I'm sure the "bleeding surfer boys" tried their best. They took their regular players and did'nt flood the team with first teamers like they could have done.

Guest Peppermint

The Wendron point means that they can still overhaul Penzance Reserves and send the Magpies into Junior footballnext season. A bit worrying for CTB!

Guest Peppermint

It was always going to be inevitable that City were going to win the league. They had Stamp, Gosling and Chapman tonight and the keeper made acomplete Horlicks ofLuke Weldhen's consolation goal.

Guest Peppermint

In reply to Xembla - perhaps the stewards heard that The Judge was coming to watch tonight but he did not showObviously beneath him to watch the Reserves!!!! I am sure he would have received a warm welcome from City fans.

Hayle res 0-3 Helston

Well done to Helston what was quite a good game to watch with both teams playing good football was won by some quality finnishing from Helston apart from the first goal when our keeper was fouled (thats our view) but ref thought it was fair chalenge and he had a decent game. We missed couple of chances and could have made it harder for Helston, our keeper was much busier than there keeper, which kept the score to only 3, but we passed the ball about well played some nice football without the cutting edge that Helston had, thats why they are second and deserve to be there, good luck for rest of season hope you hold on to second spot, been there all season you deserve it.

I wonder what will happen to Truro's Reserves team squad now there is no money at Treyew Road.

Get paid £130-150 a week to win the Combo then peanuts or a bit of travelling money in the SWPL Div 1 West.

They'll all be playing over Penzance next season in the 1sts for Trevor Mewton :)

so penzance will not be paying out much money next year,you dont half talk out of your ass ctb :angry:

Guest WINNO

WAS A GOOD GAME AT HAYLE LAST NIGHT WHOM WERE BOOSTED BY A FEW 1ST TEAMERS NOT A DIG THATS WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.

1ST GOAL AS A KEEPER MYSELF CARDINAL SIN INSTEAD OF ATTACKING THE BALL WITH MOMENTUM HE BACKED HIMSELF TO OUT JUMP LIAM EDDY FROM A STANDING JUMP NO FOUL HE WAS CHALLENGED AND DROPPED THE BALL 15ST PLAYS 10ST APART FROM THAT HE MADE A COUPLE OF CLASSY SAVES WHO WAS IT!!!!NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE????

TIDY GAME OF FOOTBALL PLAYED THE RIGHT WAY AND REFFED VERY WELL..

GOT TO MENTION AS ALWAYS THE PITCH CLASS IN MY EYES ITS UP THERE WITH PENRYN. THE SURFACE WAS AWESOME. CREDIT MR GREGORY LOVELY BLOKE XXXXX

GOOD LUCK TO HAYLE NEXT SEASON

ALSO LIKE TO CONGRATULATE TRURO WELL DONE DONT MATTER WHAT EVERYONE THINKS TO WIN ANY LEAGUE IN ANY STANDARD OF FOOTBALL TAKES SOME DOIN.....

WINNO

WAS A GOOD GAME AT HAYLE LAST NIGHT WHOM WERE BOOSTED BY A FEW 1ST TEAMERS NOT A DIG THATS WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.

1ST GOAL AS A KEEPER MYSELF CARDINAL SIN INSTEAD OF ATTACKING THE BALL WITH MOMENTUM HE BACKED HIMSELF TO OUT JUMP LIAM EDDY FROM A STANDING JUMP NO FOUL HE WAS CHALLENGED AND DROPPED THE BALL 15ST PLAYS 10ST APART FROM THAT HE MADE A COUPLE OF CLASSY SAVES WHO WAS IT!!!!NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE????

TIDY GAME OF FOOTBALL PLAYED THE RIGHT WAY AND REFFED VERY WELL..

GOT TO MENTION AS ALWAYS THE PITCH CLASS IN MY EYES ITS UP THERE WITH PENRYN. THE SURFACE WAS AWESOME. CREDIT MR GREGORY LOVELY BLOKE XXXXX

GOOD LUCK TO HAYLE NEXT SEASON

ALSO LIKE TO CONGRATULATE TRURO WELL DONE DONT MATTER WHAT EVERYONE THINKS TO WIN ANY LEAGUE IN ANY STANDARD OF FOOTBALL TAKES SOME DOIN.....

WINNO

THANKS WINNO ONE OF THE FEW ON HERE HEW TAKES SENCE,SOME OF THE FOOTBALL PLAYED LAST NIGHT WAS TOP DRAW :smiley20:

Well Helston and Perranwell have done their bit tonight to keep the title race open. Lets hope Newquay do theirs.

We'd have loved nothing more than to have 'done our bit', but with the track record Truro have and the fact that they were clearly planning to win the league in style, we had our work cut out! We were soundly beaten by a very strong side.

Truro were exceptional last night, we had a few chances and they gifted us a consolation, but to be honest the quality of football, in addition to the standard of finishing, was awesome. Nobody enjoys being beaten by that margin, but you've got to hand it to them, they're miles ahead of anyone else in the league and will be better suited elsewhere! Best of luck to Trevor and Truro next season, I'm sure there'll be a team or two that fancy their chances of winning the Combo now that they have moved on!

Looking forward to next season....

I would like to join the other couple of people who at least had the manners to congratulate Truro Res on a great season and doing the double in the combo league.You never know it might be the triple in a week or so.

Best of luck next season.

KIT.