Cornwall Football Forum

percy stephens semi final result

Guest geachy1

not direct from a corner i must add.

mawgan played well and put up a good fight against 1 of the best teams in junior football.

well done mawgan

Guest Clancy Von-Heffenburger

Full credit to mawgan for reaching the semis & made a good account of themselves!!! sorry mouser but are you on glue?? no way did you outplay them in the 1st half- thought mawnan looked pretty comfortable actually!!

roll on the final!!! :yahoo:

Guest AlanB

As I couldn't get to Hayle last night I came and saw the first half and have to agree with the last two posts. Mawgan started better and in the first ten minutes probably did shade it. After that though, Mawnan's shape, movement off the ball and passing was, at times, a delight to watch. Didn't see the second half as I felt the need to go and watch United!! Impressed with Mawnan though. Let's hope that they meet Helston in the Final 'cause it will be a n excellent game if they both play like they can.

Mawgan 0-Mawnan 3

A severley depleted Mawgan side played against high flying 1st division Mawnan Smith. Although Mawgan were carrying injuies and were massive underdogs they settled in to the game far quicker and moved the ball around far better than Mawnan and had them on the back foot for the 1st 15 minutes. Mawnan then settled down and started to stroke the ball about and managed to get a foothold in the game but it was still Mawgan who looked the bigger threat. Then came Mawnan's 1st real attack which led to a corner which Mawgan defended poorly and paid the ultimate price and went a goal down, Voices were raised but heads didn't drop.

Mawgan continued to try and take the game to Mawnan with chances falling to Steven (spike) Hughes, Matt Ruse, Martin (mac) McPhilbin and the best chance of all fell to Ozzie Osbourne who failed to score from a couple of yards, but it was Mawnan who increased their lead when what looked to be a foul on the Lee (fat sausage) Coulton (in which the lino was flagging for) was waved play on and the cross came over and dispatched for 2-0. Voices were raised higher but still heads didn't drop. Mawgan would have conceded another but for the reactions of keeper Daniel (the Monk) Geach who pulled off an extraordinary save to deny the Mawnan forward.

Mawgan's injured players both had to be replaced and they had to push forward to try and get something from the game which inevietably led to further chances for Mawnan, and 2 minutes from time a dubious penalty was awarded and the Mawnan player (who was probably man of the match) held his nerve and stroked the ball past supergeach for 3-0.

All in all it was a good game to play in and we were beaten by the better side although I think 3-0 flattered them a little.

Mac

Guest whirlwind

i watched the game, i would agree that mawgan won the first 10 minutes, but after that it was definetly all mawnan. i think the goal scorers were D.J., glenn fortune and the third was Derreck?? Damien?? Stevens (not sure of the lads first name)

think i agree with you on that one whirlwind, mawgan did start the brighter of the two teams but apart from that first ten fifteen minutes mawnan didn't really look like losing, the penalty scorer was called damien stevens, but not sure about him being man of the match think the young quick lad on the right was in with a shout for that! he had a couple of quality efforts that the keeper managed to get fingers too and one that was a bolt from the blue on his left foot beat the keeper but not the bar, he was my nomination for man of the match!.........one more thing the guy that was playing right back for mawnan thyink hes just come back from injury but a real solid display, second in my vote for mom.

Guest One Dart

Sorry Super Saints, you must have been watching a different game!!!! Lad you mention for Man of The Match, is the boy Pryor. He had a mare. Mawgans BIG fullback had him in his pocket. Even the boy Pryor's dad agreed with me.

Guest geachy1

yeh i was the keeper.

i remember a gud shot he had in 1st half which i tipped over the bar it had sum power behind it and that was adam pryor who took the shot