Cornwall Football Forum

U12/U13 Friendlies

Hi Guys. Long time no post!

We have come to the end of our U12s season and I'm beginning to plan, like most managers, for the 2008/09 season at U13s.

Like most Plymouth-based teams, we have problems with venues for pre-season games. So, if anyone can accomodate for pre-season friendlies in late July and through August then please get in touch.

We finished in a comfortable mid-table position in the middle league at U12s, although I happen to think we are much better than that - we just don't score enough goals!! Anyone know a 30-goal a season striker looking for a side at U13s next season? That's all we need!!

Anyway, hope all is well and trust you all enjoyed the season. Congrats to my old boys Tamarside on winning the East Cornwall League Cup - thoroughly deserved Pottsy!!

Jon Rosevear - tel: 07971 327052

If you contact Nigel Brabyn Tel: 01872 553505 Mobile: 07814 147987 - he ran this years under 13's at St Agnes and they go up to under 14's next season I am sure he would be pleased to play a different visiting squad!

I imagine any 30 goal a season striker he has he would probably want to hold on to!

Well done on a good season!

Mandy St Agnes AFC

They were newly promoted last season and had a tough season - we will have under 14's (Nigel Brabyns side) and an under 12 but not an under 13 - I think they would give you a good game - if you have no other offers give Nigel a call! Perranporth had an under 12's this season - I don't know if they are going on as an under 13's or not perhaps Ronin could help??

Guest Ronin

Not sure we can unfortunately :( . Our pitch is having massive repairs as soon as the mens season finishes (Combo & FHFL players will be pleased to hear!) so home friendlies are off the menu til further notice. Sorry but good luck in your search. I'm passing the buck a bit but I think St Stephen have an under 11 team going under 12 next season & may be glad of the practice even though it's an older age group, St Darren's the one to speak to there I think :D

Guys, I have booked the 3G astro turf facility at Salt Mill, Saltash on the following dates:

All 11.30am kick offs, 35mins each way...

Sat 26 July

Sat 02 August

Sat 09 August

Sat 16 August

Sat 23 August

Sat 30 August

Our new season at U13s starts on the first weekend in September. If anyone is looking for a friendly during August then please get in contact.

Standard wise, we finished in mid-table in the DJM U12 Vanguard, which is the middle division of three. We competed well against all the promoted teams and ended with the second best defensive record in the division... we simply didn't score enough goals for the chances we create!

If anyone is willing to travel up from deeper into Cornwall, I might be able to organise some hospitality back over the bridge at the Parkway (home of Tamarside mens teams), and I might be able to alter the kick off time with a bit of notice too.

Thanks

Jon Rosevear

Tamarside Kings

07971 327052