Cornwall Football Forum

ANOTHER FINAL ON A SUNDAY!!!!!

:SM_carton: :angry2::SM_carton: YET AGAIN TO THE MINNING LEAGUE!!! IM SURE THERE MUST BE A REASON FOR THEM PUTTING YET ANOTHER FINAL ON A SUNDAY, AS BEFORE WHEN A CLUB HAS 3 TEAMS, 2 PLAYING SAT's AND ONE PLAYING SUNDAYS THERE ARE GOING TO BE PLAYERS PLAYING FOR THE SUNDAY SIDE. AND ON THE 4TH MAY, THREEMILESTONE ARE IN 2 FINALS, ONE BEING THE SUNDAY (AS YOU CAN SEE I HAVE HIGHLIGHTED THE SUNDAY SIDE AS THAT IS A DAY THE GAMES ARE PLAYED.) AND ONE BEING THE 2ND TEAM...... I KNOW THE QUESTION HAS BEEN ASKED WHY DO A SAT SIDE GET TO PLAY A FINAL ON A SUNDAY???? ANSWER....MORE OF A CROWD WHICH THEN MEANS MORE ££££££££££££££££££££££££££.

I HAVE NO MORE TO SAY ON THIS BECAUSE IF I START I WONT STOP AGAIN.!!!

I THINK THAT 6 DAYS IN THE WEEK ARE ENOUGH DAYS TO PLAY A FINAL ON... NOT A FU...NG SUNDAY. :angry:

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS I HOPE THE SILVER GOES TO BOTH TMS SIDE, JUST TO SHOW THE MINING LEAGUE THE TRIED TO AV A POP AT THE LOWER SIDES IN THE WORLD OF FOOTBALL.

Dont know if your familiar with football outside of the sunday league twinkletoes but it common for junior football finals to be played on a sunday. The reason why it has been a problem this year is because TMS have been succesfull in both junior and sunday football, therefor the problem lies at the feet of TMS not the mining league.

May i ask however, why the mining league (or anyone else for that matter) should tiptoe around the sunday league with regards to the date of their cup finals. Perhaps in future they should ask permission from the sunday league if its ok to play on a sunday? Maybe they should just scrap their cup competitions so that this cup final fixture congestion wont happen again? Or maybe the sunday leaguers should stop moaning (about gate money in this case) and get on with their own respective finals (fat chance)? :c:

THE REASON THE MINING LEAGUE SHOULD LEAVE THE SUNDAYS FREE FOR THE SUNDAY LEAGUE TO PLAY THE FINALS ARE AS DESCRIBED IN A RULE BOOK I BELEIVE PRINTED BY THE CCFA, SOMTHING ABOUT SUNDAY GAMES BEING PLAYED ONLY ON A SUNDAY. WHERE THE MINING LEAGUE HAVE ANOTHER 6 DAYS IN THE WEEK TO PLAY THE FINALS!!!! POINT MADE CLEAR OR DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND A ONE AND SIX???? <_<:wacko:

THE SUNDAY LEAGUE ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF EVERYONES PILE AND SEEM TO BE LOOKED UPON AS SHITTY GRASS ROOT FOOTBALL SET UP.... IF ANYTHING THE SUNDAY LEAGUE WE PLAY IN IS IN MY OPINION RUN AND ORGANISED BETTER THAN ANY JUNIOR LEAGUE IN CORNWALL.. :thumbsup:

I JUST THINK THAT THE MINING LEAGE ARE HAVING A POP AT OUR SMALL LEAGUE BECAUSE IT IS SUCCESFULL AND DONT LIKE THE FACT ITS WELL RUN....

ENOUGH SAID FOR NOW!!!! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RESPOND.. ;)

Dont know if your familiar with football outside of the sunday league twinkletoes but it common for junior football finals to be played on a sunday. The reason why it has been a problem this year is because TMS have been succesfull in both junior and sunday football, therefor the problem lies at the feet of TMS not the mining league.

May i ask however, why the mining league (or anyone else for that matter) should tiptoe around the sunday league with regards to the date of their cup finals. Perhaps in future they should ask permission from the sunday league if its ok to play on a sunday? Maybe they should just scrap their cup competitions so that this cup final fixture congestion wont happen again? Or maybe the sunday leaguers should stop moaning (about gate money in this case) and get on with their own respective finals (fat chance)? :c:

I PLAYED FOOTBALL FOR 12 YEARS IN THE MINING LEAGUE. AND BELEIVE ME NOT ALL THE FINALS HAVE BEEN ON A SUNDAY. AS YOU SAY ITS COMMON??? WHY ???? £££££££ SPRINGS TO MIND AGAIN, MORE PEOPLE AT THE GATE... :SM_carton_y:

THE SUNDAY LEAGUE ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF EVERYONES PILE AND SEEM TO BE LOOKED UPON AS SHITTY GRASS ROOT FOOTBALL SET UP.... IF ANYTHING THE SUNDAY LEAGUE WE PLAY IN IS IN MY OPINION RUN AND ORGANISED BETTER THAN ANY JUNIOR LEAGUE IN CORNWALL.. :thumbsup:

I JUST THINK THAT THE MINING LEAGE ARE HAVING A POP AT OUR SMALL LEAGUE BECAUSE IT IS SUCCESFULL AND DONT LIKE THE FACT ITS WELL RUN....

ENOUGH SAID FOR NOW!!!! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RESPOND.. ;)

One word to describe the section of the last post that ive highlighted. Bollox.

If the sunday league is so well run, how come-

A) My sunday league team did not play for well over a month recently because of 'weather conditions' despite the fact my saturday (yes, mining league) team had a game played on the same weekends?

B- Teams like (no disrepect, as they are a tidy outfit) Tremough are allowed to enter the league despite the fact that they cannot raise a side most weeks due to their players not being in the area?

C) Teams like TMS and (next season so ive heard) Storm, who are good junior sides, are allowed to enter, despite the likely fixture and cup final congestion that will be seen, come the end of the season?

D) There is an different amount of teams in Div1 then there is in Div2?

E) When a represntative game is announced (eg, the Veterans vs Sunday league last sunday) why none of the clubs from Div1 (apart from Oxford) sent players to play, leaving the team mainly made up of Div2 players?

I wont go on but i could. I myself am a keen Sunday league player (and i felt proud to represent the league vs the Veterans the other week) and it is well run by a small yet commited band of people. But there are only 4 decent teams in Div1 and compared to any junior football league it is inferior. :c:

am i reading this right

someone posted saying that the blame lies at the feet of TMS for being successful this season??

WTF penalised for being successful

No the cat, your not reading it right. Nobody is penalizing TMS for being succesfull and i wish the club good luck in their respective finals. However they are the primary reason for the fixture congestion (not that the club itself would have to answer to anybody), not the Mining league and that cannot be ignored or denied.

Dont worry, their is no anti-TMS conspiracy going on here! :c:

yes cat

you are reading in correctly one and six said the problem lies at the feet of tms

:SM_carton:

and pricey you have to get it into your head!finals in junior football are played on a sunday!!!!!!!!!

its both parties fault for not talking about it till now :angry2:

Richie, you knock the mining league as if we are some kind of two bob unorganised outfit, when i see from the sunday league forum quotes like the following,

Teams not phoning you again Pidge ???

D.J still waiting to be told by GWRSA that game is off

And you say its well run! :SM_carton:

Personally i think the Mining League is very well run.

Probably been through all this before but,

Mining league finals have been played on a sunday for quite a few seasons now, i think mainly to give the teams a good chance to get prepared on the day rather than rush from work for an evening fixture. And to allow as many people the chance to attend the games as possible. Or as you see it, to get more £££ on the gate. These fixtures have always been a success because spectators can watch two games one after the other.

When we found out both the finals were on the same day, we as a committee wrote a letter to the Mining league asking them to consider changing the date of the Dunn Cup Final. This THANKFULLY they did and at the same time searched for an alternative venue to save both clubs the trouble of travelling down to marazion for an evening fixture. Now thats what i call well run, what have the sunday league done to resolve these issues???

I wish you luck on sunday and hope we can have a good few beers on sunday and a couple of cups to show off, but the Mining League definately doesn't suck in my eyes. :c:

Its not only the mining league that plays saturday's and its cup finals on a sunday.

Combo Cup Final - Sunday 23rd May

Combo Supp Cup Final - Sunday 18th May

ECPL Cup Final Sunday 20th April

Evely Cup Final - Sunday 11th May.

Jubilee Cup Final, Sunday May 11th 2003 - what a corker of a day! Madron 0, Tms 1.

Yes it would make sense if the the leagues got together and arranged their final dates and venues to suit all parties. Maybe next season the final dates will be announced at the agms, that way all parties will know where they are and we wont have to have this argument again.

In regards to TMS, although you cannot be blamed (and certainly not penalized in any way) for this balls-up, it is dirrectly due to your team being in so many finals. Thats not having a pop at TMS, its just stating the obvious! :c:

Why would his opinion change?

Everything he has stated so far has been information not opinion!

Oh, and the Storm outfit, if accepted, will primarily be made up of fringe players and a few players who have nothing to do on a Sunday. It by no means will be a carbon copy of the 1st team (not that we have played that well this year anyway! hehe)

Hope Tms can win something this year and no doubt they will.