Cornwall Football Forum

Act of God at St Just

I was shocked to the core to find that the stand had not only fallen down at St Just, but set off at high speed for a holiday in the Scilly Isles one Thursday afternoon without so much as a by-your-leave !

Two points. One, I still think Matt Harris is an extraordinarily fine builder and this has nothing to do with him.

Secondly, the note in the programme suggesting that this was somehow the fault of some malign and bitter ex-committee man or his connections has upset Mother. I wouldn't do that if I were you. It's no coincidence that she won BOTH bottles of wine in the raffle and that Woolcock's is clean out of woad.

To conflate an Act of Rod with an Act of God is not mere blasphemy. It's orthographically challenged, which is worse. Merthodists do not need use fatwas, but the beard will go the same way as Crystal Palace's play-off hopes !

:blink:

Guest Frodo

IT SOUNDS LIKE ROSENBERG IS NOW THE KING OF THE IDIOTS NOW THAT WOODPEKER HAS FLOWN THE NEST,ISSAC TOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT AND I AM SURE EVERYONE ON HERE AGREES WITH THAT. :lol:

Absolutely. Complete idiot. Mad as a fish. Faced by the articulacy and intelligence of such critiques, what other conclusion can be reached ?

I bet you have funny little items hanging in your car, wear a chain round your neck, have a girlfriend who loves "Gavin and Stacey," hate opera, own an expensive mobile phone with a little flip-top suspect foreigners and go to the Mediterranean on holiday with your mates, don't you ?

What cared Duke Ercole, that bid

His mummers to the market-place

What th'oniomn-sellers thought or did ?

So that his Plautus set the pace

For the Italian comedies.

:D

I think its called ignorance Rod. I for one however, always look forward to your posts. They always bring a smile to my face.

Keep them coming!

:clapper:

The equally intelligent legend that is Stuart Hall is clearly not wired right either...but is still great entertainment nonetheless.

As long as you dont have a flag in hand "Isaac" you is alright by me !

Where flies the spring Woodpecker ? I cant believe so many took the bait of his one real intention on here to wind everybody up. Cuckoo would have been more apt a psuedonym

Thank you, Jim. To be told I am not wired up right by Gareth Pitt ...... :o

I think people will reach their own conclusions. I guess even I would have been selected more often if my Daddy had ever been a manager.

;)

Well done Rodney yet again you try and portray yourself as intelligent and articulate but come across as rather bitter,sad and a bit of a loser. :SM_carton:

Gareths been at Illogan for 10 years and his fathers lived in Swansea (thats wales if you didn't know) for the last 6 years so I think he has managed to get a game without any paternal help!!! I think you had better get that stand roof back on or else your brain is going to get even more wet and soggy down there in bandit country.! :lol: :lol:

Absolutely. Complete idiot. Mad as a fish. Faced by the articulacy and intelligence of such critiques, what other conclusion can be reached ?

I bet you have funny little items hanging in your car, wear a chain round your neck, have a girlfriend who loves "Gavin and Stacey," hate opera, own an expensive mobile phone with a little flip-top suspect foreigners and go to the Mediterranean on holiday with your mates, don't you ?

What cared Duke Ercole, that bid

His mummers to the market-place

What th'oniomn-sellers thought or did ?

So that his Plautus set the pace

For the Italian comedies.

:D

Mr Rodney i used to like you and your posts but recently they have become more and more desperate and perplexing. Are you getting depressed because of what is going on in your life. Dont worry my friend there are some good people to talk to at the samaritans who will even discuss problem family members and football.

Also you say that these people are not very clever because they watch tv and yet you are the one that is in charge of teaching this new generation. Albeit the hippy ones. Have you never thought that if you stopped being quite so negative about people then they may like talking to you. I know one thing i dont understand half of what you say but i did like the shakespeare stuff at School.

Please dont be angry or delete my facebook friendship but you should know that sometimes the truth hurts and makes you take notice.

Good lord, 999 views and I haven't been on here for a fortnight !

Congratulations to Illogan for their win at :drink::drink: Lafrowda last Tuesday. Nice surprise to see you in the bar, Gareth, although I hadn't noticed you on the field. Were you playing ?

I daren't try to put the stand roof back on: that would take somebody who understands building. Anybody able to advise on that would be gold dust down in bandit country. Last time we tried I just did what I was told and handed over the money for the tout who was selling the Liverpool tickets like the builders instructed. There you go ! Will Lawry puts up a stand roof and it lasts 55 years. Nowadays council tax payers buy a few Liverpool tickets and it doesn't make 55 days !

Family problems ? No, no relation ! Might come home and find a horse's head in my bed, though ! The Sopranows like a good laugh. You're right: the truth can hurt, even when expressed without bitterness.

Well isaac i have watched Illogan play against Perranwell many times and i think that Gareth Pitt is a very good Combo player! he would get in most of the top 4 teams and in all the rest!! And he is a nice guy too!

So isaac where are you going to intwine with next year? Don't go away as you are a character!

• 2 weeks later...

:yahoo:

Cheers, Kempy. I think I shall always support St Just, because that is where my heart is and I find myself most concerned about their result wherever I go.

Probably not watching them all the time next year: I've told my wife, after not missing a game for the last nine seasons*, that I might again agree to go to close family weddings on a Saturday now and then, or even take a holiday during the season. But you know how it is in bandit country, we're all closely related already, so why bother with a wedding ? My wife won't even go to bandit country anyway and insists we have to live in Truro. It's safer for the children. It is fair to say that she is not a bandit and is, by and large, completely normal. But I need to be down St Just on matchdays to stop Mother getting out of hand. What with all this and financing Bandits Disunited AFC, it has been put to me that my poor wife has really had quite a lot to put up with, with which, when I am in my right mind, which is probably not while I am at Lafrowda Park, I have to agree.

This is all part of my therapy, actually. I know my obsession is an illness. I've had it since the age of 9. Anywhere else, I'd have been seen as off my head and treated appropriately. Down there, it is quite helpful to fitting in to be off your head. In the long term, it would be much better for my health to watch Perranwell, because they have doctors on the spot of you need them, or even Perranporth, because my cocker spaniel could just run around on the dunes and crap where it wanted and write poetry without getting molested like it does down St Just by the local dogs, which are all ######-crazed. :yahoo:

* I once got to Ludgvan 13 minutes late, but it was 0-0.