Cornwall Football Forum

County Under 16 Knockout Cup Semi Final result.

Guest stainzbulge

I was watching the game, and the officials especially the referee were appauling. Probably the most bias performance from any referee I Have seen all season. Even cheering when St.Tudy scored the last goal from a blatent foul in the box in the last couple minutes. These officials were supposed to be neutral, but were the total opposite. They reffered to every St.Tudy player by name and after the game they were having a laugh and joke with the Tudy parents.

A total joke once again by Youth Football in Cornwall.

Sort it out!

:c: :c:

There's nothing like a an incredibly sore loser who knows nothing more about football other than to blame it on as many other people as is humanly possible, especially three of CCFA's best.

Yep, I was there for this one and it has to be said that the team managers, Francis of St Tudy and Big Dave of Falmouth, both enjoyed a good banter with the three of us before and after the match.

It was a game where Falmouth let a two goal lead slip and the team with more goals than the other won.

There were no bookings or dismissals which would also reflect the superb manner in which both teams played.

The previous message actually left out the fact that there was a fantastic spread of food laid on by the White Hart Inn.

It was heartbreaking to see the dejected teenagers of the losing side trying to come to terms with being so close yet so far from the final but every single one of them shook my hand.

A great game enjoyed by over a hundred onlookers and I'm already looking forward to next year's competition.

Enough said ?

Guest mezza-tms

im 16 and a few of my mates play for falmouth and they were appauled with the reff as he was talking to the opposition and st tudy were calling the ref by his first name , maybe freiendship going on here? falmouth are a good footballing side and should of deserved to win that game.

Guest stainzbulge

We can all see your denying it. But really you made a mistake and you wont admit it. Many more people agree with me than with you. Admit it and then we can move on.

I was at the semi-final on Sunday between two fantastic footballing sides, St. Tudy and Falmouth, with my husband, who is also a referee, but watching the game on this occasion. What a pity some shortsighted people always blame the officials and only see what they want to see!

Over the years I have lost count of the number of times my husband has come home after a game on a Saturday, all too aware of abuse hurled his way because decisions or results have gone against some teams.

On what was a lovely sunny afternoon, a large crowd in attendance and a superb playing surface, why do some people always find fault!

Yes, I too felt sorry for the Falmouth team and would add that we have every respect for the Falmouth Management, who have a good bunch of boys. Both teams have got to know each other fairly well this season, having played each other four times. This was always going to be a close fought game, having drawn twice in the league and losing to Falmouth 2 -0 in the league cup semi-final, which we accepted as being beaten by the better team and looked at our own mistakes and ways to improve.

At the end of the day, there has to be a loser and a winner, and whilst fighting back from being 2 - 0 down, the best team won on Sunday. What an achievement for a village team to get to the County Cup Final and many thanks to everyone who supported this brilliant match!

Just for the record, the referee appointed for the above match has NEVER refereed this St. Tudy team before and we had nothing to do with appointing the officials.

ENOUGH SAID ?

Im sorry but I have to come in here because I feel your denying your mistakes. And by making another account for your wife to stick up for you. Im sorry but youve got it all wrong. I have been told about this refereeing performance from both sides and it does sound a touch bias... Thats all im going to say. Unless you make another account as your sister or something stupid like that...Another thing, you always say enough said with a question mark. As if you want the likes of stainzbulge to keep arguing. This isnt the spirit that is going to change respect to officials. .................................not impressed......................

over and out....Vladimir. :SM_carton_y:

Im sorry but I have to come in here because I feel your denying your mistakes. And by making another account for your wife to stick up for you. Im sorry but youve got it all wrong. I have been told about this refereeing performance from both sides and it does sound a touch bias... Thats all im going to say. Unless you make another account as your sister or something stupid like that...Another thing, you always say enough said with a question mark. As if you want the likes of stainzbulge to keep arguing. This isnt the spirit that is going to change respect to officials. .................................not impressed......................

over and out....Vladimir. :SM_carton_y:

Guest Dermot

I Reffed the League Cup Semi Final between these 2 teams a few weeks ago at St Tudy (2.0 to Falmouth)and have the upmost respect for both teams,their managers and coaches,not one moan during the game and handshakes all round afterwards. :clapper:

If only some of the Adults ? we have to Ref had the same attitude as these 2 teams our life would be so much easier. :(

Great reply that last one Referee. ;0) :smiley20:

I Reffed the League Cup Semi Final between these 2 teams a few weeks ago at St Tudy (2.0 to Falmouth)and have the upmost respect for both teams,their managers and coaches,not one moan during the game and handshakes all round afterwards. :clapper:

If only some of the Adults ? we have to Ref had the same attitude as these 2 teams our life would be so much easier. :(

Great reply that last one Referee. ;0) :smiley20:

yes well you should of reffed the last match.......and that was a great reply the last one by the refferee because it shows his immaturity and how unprofessional he is.....

vladimir.

Hey Dermot, love the new avatar.

I still can't believe you kept that old picture of me next to the Aston Martin.

I was only 16 at the time (not playing for St Tudy U16's though) and needed the money.

If one more person watches one of my games and says "doesn't that ref look like Pierce Brosnan!" I shall scream.

I had to do an autograph yesterday morning in Burger King, it was soooooooo embarrassing !!