Cornwall Football Forum

Evely Cup Final Date

Tamarside have requested a change to this date as the club is running its junior tournament at the Sports centre where some of the players work/helped organise the event.

We believe it is now on the 18th with the venue at Truro or Newquay.

Gives us another week to patch up some of our players as well who are dropping like flies at the moment!!

Guest Postie Pidge

If the final isn't going to be played at Penryn, then Newquay will get the gig. In the vote Penryn won and Newquay was second.

Can anyone confirm the date has definitely been changed from the 11th to the 18th of May??

I really, really hope it hasn't been changed to the 18th as we are hosting the Rob Stapleton Charity Game that day and I know several of the Truro players are planning to play at St Agnes! If it has been changed I know the Truro boys will need to play in the Everly Cup Final so we may need to enlist a few extra players.

Please post here if you can confirm the date. Thank you!

Guest Monty

The evely cup final was and i believe is still the 11th of may 2008 @ kernick road Penryn, But Penryn Combo are playing St Day @ underlane Wendron the same day in the Semi final of the Supp Cup so it would probaly be moved as no one will be home to open up.

Supplementry cup final is 18th May 2008 @ kellaway Parc Helston.

And If penryn get to the final again it will not be open @ Kernick road. :smiley20:

HAPPY NOW.

Guest Peppermint

In reply to Mitbh - Newquay are not going to have any donkey derbys at Mount Wise this Summer.

Hopefully the new improved playing surface wil be even better with the proposed work being done in the Summer.

Guest Peppermint

Why can Tamarside expect the Final date tobe changed - surelythe league sets the date and that should be it.

Regarding MrChairman's comments about dragging Tamarside downto Penryn - they chose to be in a predominatly Cornish League and the Evely Cup is alternated each year between the leagues. Therefore if it isthe turn of the Combo League then it has to be played on one of their grounds.

Rod Beer's comments about not bothering to turn up - I bet he did not have that attitude if his team St Just was involved!

Why can Tamarside expect the Final date tobe changed - surelythe league sets the date and that should be it.

Regarding MrChairman's comments about dragging Tamarside downto Penryn - they chose to be in a predominatly Cornish League and the Evely Cup is alternated each year between the leagues. Therefore if it isthe turn of the Combo League then it has to be played on one of their grounds.

Rod Beer's comments about not bothering to turn up - I bet he did not have that attitude if his team St Just was involved!

well that must be the most intellegent comments ever posted on this forum,well done peppermint :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

Guest Postie Pidge

The venue is alternated each season between the Combo and East Cornwall. If the most easterly team in the ECPL win then they should expect a fair trek west. It's a good job it's not being played at Penzance or St Just!

Guest Peppermint

Thanks for the kind commentsTruro's Mr Mourinho and Postie Pidge is quite correct inthat the Combination League could choose St Just,St Ives ,Mullion orSt Ives and that would be an even longer journey.