Cornwall Football Forum

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT

If the referee dosent think it serious enough to send in, then why reach for the cards in the first place?

Its not un-common for a caution not to be sent in, i hear of it all the time but i had no idea that it was in the rules that all cautions HAD to be sent in! I, myself have been cautioned 5 times in my playing time (never sent off il have you all know!) and only twice was it sent in, leaving me with a fine! :c:

One of the things that do happen is managers will ask the referee not to submit cautions, this happened to me a few times when i was over there reffing. I always sent in the cautions as what is the point in issuing them if that is not your intention, also it makes things difficult for other refs who do follow the ruling. As for the ref who was mentioned then he should be told in no uncertain terms that he must comply otherwise get rid of him. :SM_carton_y::SM_carton:

Oh and over here they can say what they like about the cards cos i don't speak the language.

On the question of reffing and not about the same point at all, at Truro on Saturday the Frome bench did a wonderful job of coaching the assistant ref (linesman, for goodness' sake!); telling him when to put up his flag if he thought there was an offside, pointing out the handballs, that sort of thing. I'm sure the chap was really grateful. When a Truro player trapped the ball on the touchline and passed infield, though, the Frome guy was outraged that the lino didn't flag. I couldn't resist pointing out that it had to be "all of the ball, not just most of it" out of play when he informed me that "that rule hasn't been applied for years". I couldn't help observing that the rule had been around longer than I have; but it did set me thinking, that a lot of players and managers don't really know many of the rules. When a lino is supposed to flag for offside, for example. When IS a ball out of play. The concept of "ball to hand" as opposed to "handball". That sort of thing. It did provide a bit of a distraction from Truro's poor display, though.

You see some silly bookings sometimes, but refs are only human....... so perhaps in hindsight some choose not to follow up on things. In the long run this saves CCFA dealing with appeals etc I should imagine.

Obviously the more cynical side of me would agree with some of the threads, but hey, I would rather have it that way than have no ref at all!