Cornwall Football Forum

DUNN CUP FINAL!!!

Guest Hayle Caesar

Guest Sullivan

Illogan v Threemilestone

Dunn Cup Final on Wednesday 30th April, 6.15pm kickoff at Storm.

Should be a good game but why is it being played at Storm? Bad decision! No clubhouse for starters. The winning team will have to go somewhere else to have that first drink of victory... CRAP!!! What's the point of having a final on a pitch that isn't enjoyable to play on?

Anyway, hope to see a good crowd and a Stones victory. Any predictions?

Illogan v Threemilestone

Dunn Cup Final on Wednesday 30th April, 6.15pm kickoff at Storm.

Should be a good game but why is it being played at Storm? Bad decision! No clubhouse for starters. The winning team will have to go somewhere else to have that first drink of victory... CRAP!!! What's the point of having a final on a pitch that isn't enjoyable to play on?

Anyway, hope to see a good crowd and a Stones victory. Any predictions?

have to agree with you there sully

us at tms have terrible facilitties and we no that and are trying to sort them out so we are in mo positition to critise any1 elses ground but we played there a few games back and they dont even have running water for players and no clubhouse no stand no dugouts why the hell is a final being played there????????????????????? :wacko:

Interesting comment?

most teams will say that the changing facilities at Storm are probably the best in the league in fact there was a thread the other day where players were saying that its nice to have showers that work and enough room for your kit bag.

Obviously if you played there today you play for St Ives town and I suppose you are used to the luxury at the saltings.............

The grass may have been a bit long as we sacrificed the pitch today to have it cut and rolled on monday in preparation for the final how many sides would have done that?

We were asked at the last minute by the league as it was moved to an evening league game and it saved the two sides involved travelling to marazion for a 6.15 ko. Hard enough from Illogan, impossible from threemilestone!

There isn't a clubhouse but we are investing in a beer tent to make it as special as poss we have had 9 days to arrange this to put it in perspective!

Thanks for the gratitude ya'll I'm sure I'll be well up for agreeing it next time!!!

its good standard for are leagues, but its a final and it should be played at a senior club pitch as whatever team wins on the day would like a p**s up at a decent club house and i understand theres not alot you can really do at such short notice :lol: sorry if my words were abit harsh didnt mean to offend any1

To be fair when you were down there we had just been vandalised by kids and so the water was off!

However I think we as a young club are doing a hell of a lot more for junior football than some of the more established clubs.

No offence taken I just wish that people would see both sides of the coin before they flip it!!!!

I thought that the facilities down at storm were pretty impressive today, probably the best showers in mining 1 and at combo standard!

Yeah the pitch wasn't the best but would you rather play your cup final on the afternoon of the other one where none of your players can play, should be thankful that you are able to play the game!!

p.s if you're that concerned about alcohol just take your own down there!!

Guest postman pat

"not trying to offend anybody scully" but for a team that has done so well as tms over many years you cannot criticis any team when the away teams have to change in the toilets at tms with no showers unless you kick the ref out of his changing room :P and with no club house.this from a club that has been spouting on about how many games they have been unbeaten saturday or sunday.in this game you cant have your cake and eat it :SM_carton:

sorry i ment sully not scully "no offence ment" :lol:

I dont think Sulli or anyone else is slagging off the facilities at Storm which I think are good but is just pointing out that there possibly not good enough as a Final venue! He has a valid point about the clubhouse but I'm sure come Wednesday all the changing facilities and the pitch will be looking great hey Matt ;)

I think the fact Storm are going out of their way to provide a beer tent etc shows what a good club they are and bearing in mind TMS were the ones who were moaning about the final being on a sunday I think it's a bit rich of them to slag off a clubs facilities :SM_carton:

ps Blaythorne just up the road if you require liquid refreshment after the game :drink::drink: :drink:

Guest Sullivan

"not trying to offend anybody scully" but for a team that has done so well as tms over many years you cannot criticis any team when the away teams have to change in the toilets at tms with no showers unless you kick the ref out of his changing room :P and with no club house.this from a club that has been spouting on about how many games they have been unbeaten saturday or sunday.in this game you cant have your cake and eat it :SM_carton:

sorry i ment sully not scully "no offence ment" :lol:

HA, HA! Haven't heard that one since school. Very funny postman ****! Sorry I meant postman pat :D

I am a member of TMS but I am also an individual, my comment has no relation to TMS and their facilities. It's regarding the DUNN CUP FINAL! It's a reasonable question, which has been answered! Thanks matchu78, nice to have feedback and fair play for arranging it :clapper:

would love to come and watch, but no idea where Storm's pitch is, unless they play at Praze!!

Plus, I'll be at Stamford Bridge cheering on the reds

Boundervean lane. For anyone not at Stamford bridge.

Do you know where Holmans' ground is? Blaythorne. As you turn into their drive there is a lane that runs down to the right hand side. Our pitch is about half a mile down on the right.

It is a shame that TMS feel the way they do, considering we do not get paid to have the final at our pitch etc. And the fact that thier facilities are poor. Unfortunatley at present we do not have a Mr. Heaney in our ranks and all of the work that gets done is by the management and players, for free, in our spare time. We have recently been given a kitchen by one player, which was fitted by two other players so we can now offer refreshments at the pitch. We have also made efforts to improve the standard of the changing facility (which is most certainly one of the best in Junior football).

With the developments that we hope to proceed with over the next few years the club will only get better. We are an ambitious, forward thinking football club. We think long-term. Why else do you think that the league are asking us to put on these games?, bearing in mind that THEY asked US. Plus the two semi-finals that we have put on this season????.

If anyone so desperatley wants to play on a senior pitch....... go and join a senior club and earn the right to do so.

Pitty you are a legend mate, it's really nice when people appreciate things.

Nice to see that the Illogan boys are also much more grateful! Will we see another Penberthy winner in the final? Come on Bro!

Guest Luffy

Firstly Sully opinion is an individuals in regards to the final not being played at a more senior pitch not the clubs.

I went to Storm for my first game in charge of the reserves and to be honest there is alot of potential in regards to making the ground something special.

The changing rooms were big and I was impressed that you could swing a cow in them let alone a cat, especially as some of the SWPL clubs do not have good sized changing rooms. In regards to the water problem, it was a bit of a problem on a nice day but you can not help idiots who vandilise what they have nothing to do with.

The pitch was flat and fairly decent for the time of year.

It is probably a little disappointing from clubs in the Junior leagues when they get into a final they are looking to play at a senior club, as they may never get the chance in the future.

In regards to the final it was the league that changed it on request of the Sunday league so that they did not clash.

I think it is excellant that Storm have done so much to make both teams feel welcome and I am looking forward to participating in a jar or two within the confines of the beer tent. Well done to the club.

Lets hope that the football is of a standard we can all be proud of.

Guest Sullivan

Did you boys not read my posts properly? I stated that it is my opinion and nothing to do with TMS!

I've played senior football for 10 years (Penzance, Mousehole and Hayle) so I think I know what I'm talking about when I say that a cup final should be played on a pitch that has the whole package. Is that to much to ask?

I'm not saying anything out of turn, it's an honest opinion. Do I think any less of Storm? No, so stop jumping on the band wagon cos you're all heading completely in the wrong direction! :D

Did you boys not read my posts properly? I stated that it is my opinion and nothing to do with TMS!

I've played senior football for 10 years (Penzance, Mousehole and Hayle) so I think I know what I'm talking about when I say that a cup final should be played on a pitch that has the whole package. Is that to much to ask?

I'm not saying anything out of turn, it's an honest opinion. Do I think any less of Storm? No, so stop jumping on the band wagon cos you're all heading completely in the wrong direction! :D

Fair enough mate. Just never seem to be many people saying 'look how hard this club is working' and we really do put the hours in, so when you read comments like that it can be easy to go on the defensive!

So why do you not play senior football any more? is it a case of mates at tms?

Guest Sullivan

V good Deano!

I had a nasty injury start of last year playing for Hayle that isn't going away. Been living in Threemilestone for 3 years and thought I'll give it a go, turns out the league is better then I expected, pitches aren't as bad as everyone makes out and also we have a good team/s with a great bunch of lads. Will be here again next season. I've only played 18 games this season (due to the injury). Next season hoping to get a full season in. Although after my linesman debut last weekend and the recent postings on this forum I bet there's a few fellas whole would like to kick me :D Bring it on! :yahoo:

Gotta agree with you Sulli, after playing senior football myself for 3 years theres just a good atmosphere within the club and although the facilities aren't as I'm used to playing in Combo and ECPL I actually look forward to football all week whereas I never used to before!

Guest Sullivan

Should get a run out at some point, but just pleased to be part of the squad (I've only played 5 mins in nearly 2 months). Should be a good final, it's a tough call. Illogan are playing well at the mo with some good players strengthening their side recently. TMS have achieved runners up spot in the league but have been a little inconsistent lately.

My prediction 1-1 with 5 minutes to go, I come on and score the winner from 30 yards out on the volley :yahoo:

i know last year i personally would of loved to have played the dunn cup final at storm but instead of that the league in their wisdom sent two redruth based clubs ( portreath and illogan ) down to st just . storm would of been ideal . i know st just are a senior side and they have a clubhouse but you cant drink much when you have to drive home . i would like to add this is my own opinion .

as for storm i believe they have a senior set up now and not every senior team has a clubhouse ( st ives for instance ) anyhow best of luck to both teams and enjoy the day

Fair enough mate. Just never seem to be many people saying 'look how hard this club is working' and we really do put the hours in, so when you read comments like that it can be easy to go on the defensive!

So why do you not play senior football any more? is it a case of mates at tms?

completly no what you mean i and several others put a hole load of effort intom making tms a better club and it is annoying when people have a dig but me and sully wasnt as such having ago just would like a senior ground as players like myself will probs never be good enough to play senior football :(

anyway cant wait to go down there in the week and support the lads!! :smiley20: :smiley20:

Fair play to both of you!

I think that everytime you visit our club you will see an improvement. We have even done more work this week to try and make both teams feel more comfortable playing on our pitch.

We are very lucky this year as we will be playing in Dallas on some amazing pitches on tour.... so maybe when we get back we will not be looking forward to roughing it up again hehe!

Cheers for the comments fella's, and nice one Sammo! Hopefully not too long before we follow in your footsteps and actually become a senior club.

I'm predicting a tight game at storm with it being 1-1 at full time. Game decided on penalties after extra time and i think Illogan will nick it.

(Showing support for Illogan!!! my brother will be proud but I may have to go and have a wash as i feel dirty hahahahah :drink::drink::drink: )

Passed storms pitch in the car yesterday, grass all cut and looking good.

Guest Sullivan

Would just like to say congrats to Illogan!!!

We gifted them a penalty and an own goal early on but the Illogan boys held strong until the end. The keeper was superb! Good luck in the other final, could a double be on the cards this year? Many thanks to Strom also :clapper:

Good game last night with a good atmosphere and both teams bringing a few supporters.

I think ,as an onlooker, there were a couple of differences that seperated the two sides.

1. Illogan were all warming up about 40 minutes before kick off, and started very brightly. TMS had one player turn up about 15 minutes before kick off. However work commitments always apply mid-week.

2. Illogan's centre midfield hardly lost the ball. Simon Ellis was outstanding and had good players in behind him to cover his attacking play.

This was a good game, well done to Illogan!

Illogan 2 - 0 TMS

Great result from the lads and having started really well they got the 2 goals they deserved to take a 2 nil half time lead, Nilson with the penalty and a rather bizarre OG for Illogans 2nd.

2nd half up the slope TMS came more in to it but never really made many clear cut chances and Illogan managed to hold on well for the victory.

A little dissapointed in the MOM which was a TMS player that I didnt even notice was on the pitch where as Illogan who won had numerous candidates with likes of Simon Ellis, Nillson Callway who was superb again as was Sean Carter in goal and the skipper Lee Harris who had another great game in defence.

Finally congrats to storm who presented a good playing surface and a nice cuppa at half time, but no sign of the beer tent??.

The guy is called Ryan something... maybe Matthews. He is a very good player but was not the best lasnt night.

Illogan:

S. Carter

J. Fenton

L. Harris ©

M. Pascoe

A.N.Other (sorry don't know him)

M. Rogers

S. Ellis

N. Callaway

'Rusty'

M. Miller

G. Wills

Subs (used) B. Penberthy, M. Sleeman, A. Kemp

That's all I can offer on that. Didn't realise how many of the Illogan team I actually knew