Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin crowned champions

Guest Uncle Albert

Guest Uncle Albert

Bodmin Town 4 Buckland Athletic 0.

Scorers: Steve Ovens (23 mins), Danny O'Hagan (60, 63 & 70).

Bodmin were presented with the Scott Trophy after clinching the Carlsberg South West Peninsula League premier division championship with today's victory.

Congratulations to all at Priory Park. Fourteen successive wins to end the season is some run-in.

May I add my congratulations to Bodmin Town FC - winner's of the inaugural South West Peninsula League's Premier Division. It's always nice to win a league title but to win the very first one of a new league must double the pleasure. Well done to Alan Carey, Darren Gilbert, Ronnie Swiggs, Terry Huddy, the players and everyone involved with Bodmin Town. :thumbsup:

Well done to Bodmin Town, a Great Club We at Falmouth always have a good game against Bodmin,

& Bodmin suporters are top class always the first when beaten to admit that the better side won, & never cause any problems when visiting other clubs,

Hammers :thumbsup::yahoo::clapper::drink::c: :c:

Guest thebigfella

Well done Bodmin. They do say that, at the end of the day, the league table doesn't lie. They have been the best side over the season.

Congratulations too to Saltash United. Proof that with a team ethic, sensible approach and the backing of a hardworking committee, you don't have to spend silly amounts of money on ego-tripping pre-madonas to achieve success. Tim Halford would have been proud.

I have been asked by Bodmin Town Football Club to say thank you on their behalf to everyone that has taken the time to congratulate them on their League title success. They have been overwhelmed by the number of good wishes received and the club is very honoured to think they are the first name on this new trophy.

Also, likewise they would like to say well done to their local rivals and neighbours Wadebridge Town on winning the Division One West championship. I'm sure they are looking forward to those local derbies again.

:D:D :D