Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City 0 - 3 Frome Town

Guest Postie Pidge

Interesting result. It will be more interesting when they play Hallen. One team spends thousands of pounds a week and the other absolutely nothing. Watch out for Mark Reynolds. 41 goals this season but is loyal to Hallen.

Throusands? Is that a denomination only available to Mr. Heaney?

Here we go again - the money issue. When will we have a thread about Truro that doean't mention it?

It was an abject performance today, led by an abject manager. If he's the future, then it ain't rosy - money or no money.

Truro will need a big, hard No 9, a bigger, harder centre back and solid ball-winning midfielder - also hard - to compete with many of the uncompromising teams they'll face in the Southern League. And a manager who has experience managing at level 3/4 who knows the players around at the higher levels.

Sorry CeeCee, I had no idea that free speech is unnacceptable when it comes to Truro City. I think only the ignorant will want Truro to fail.

I was just putting into prespective about one team playing another in factual terms. In any case the gate of 321 against Frome yesterday was Truro's second lowest this season. Why?

I also listened to Trevor Mewton's comments about the club relating to Glynn Hooper on BBC Radio Cornwall and to Hoopers own comments.

It is unfortunate but the Truro story has been one of amazing twists and turns both on and off the field. I would say the vast majority of people would love to see them do well next season. Unfortunately everyone seems to be waiting for the next major story to come out of the club. I really hope they do not implode.

But they must get their PR in place, for their own sakes.

I agree very much with the last 2 posts to this thread.

Truro City will come up against very big,tough and aggressive teams next season,

and Truro do seem lightweight for the step up.There will be times when sleeves

will have to be rolled up and battle for points.So strengthening in the mentioned

positions,is a must.

As for the Manager situation,I have said it before.If a Manager was not good enough

before,how can he be the answer now?

It will be a massive step backwards,if another quality manager is not found.

Sorry CeeCee, I had no idea that free speech is unnacceptable when it comes to Truro City. I think only the ignorant will want Truro to fail.

I was just putting into prespective about one team playing another in factual terms. In any case the gate of 321 against Frome yesterday was Truro's second lowest this season. Why?

I also listened to Trevor Mewton's comments about the club relating to Glynn Hooper on BBC Radio Cornwall and to Hoopers own comments.

It is unfortunate but the Truro story has been one of amazing twists and turns both on and off the field. I would say the vast majority of people would love to see them do well next season. Unfortunately everyone seems to be waiting for the next major story to come out of the club. I really hope they do not implode.

But they must get their PR in place, for their own sakes.

Sorry, ECPL, free speech and opinion is one of the things I continually bang on about on the TCFC forum!! I just wish that the 'C' word (cash!!) wasn't used as a perennial lump of mud by the slingers (present company excepted, of course!!) - it does start to get boring! After all, it's evident from Saturday that money does not and will not transcend human emotion and state of mind - the Princes were not on their game and the Paupers duly dispached them wirth ease.

I couldn't agree more about the PR - the occasional diatribe from the Chairman will placate some, but the rest will see through it. PR should have been a priority a long time ago but as with many, many other things this has been overlooked.

I sincerely hope the club does not implode - but without a change of direction (or should I say Directorship??) I fear it may.