Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 26/04/08

Guest mikethfc

Mining 2

Trispen 7 - 1 CSM

Another disapointing result for CSM with many of their first team players missing for a good few weeks now, and a many of the ones playing carrying injuries.

It looks as though this recent run of horrible results will ruin a brilliant first half of the season. It's a shame they never got a chance to play the top sides like Trispen and St Buryan earlier in the season.

Guest Postie Pidge

The Cat - playing with the bare eleven, heads dropped and a few contentious offside decisions, when everyone stopped made it easy for the home side

Guest Postie Pidge

Unless Falmouth Albion need me, that's my last one of the season.

Could have been worse - could have been playing for Ludgvan!

Guest Sullivan

The Cat - playing with the bare eleven, heads dropped and a few contentious offside decisions, when everyone stopped made it easy for the home side

I'll admit that there were a few ??? but I honestly didn't cheat (when you're 4-0 up why cheat?). I'm just not a great linesman! I played the first 5 mins came off because of a strain but at least I ran the line :clapper: Was a bit annoyed at some of your boys for giving me a hard time :SM_carton: but it ended in good spirits so I'll drop it.

You lot have conceded a lot of goals this season (nearly 100 I think) so I think changing your back line formation and getting the offside trap right should be looked at next season (I'm dissin' your system not the players). You do have a good team though mate, good luck next season.

At least the weather was nice today :D

Cornish New Boys 0 Threemilestone 2 (h/t 0-1)

Excellent performance from the New Boys, I'm sure Stones No 9 and Luffy will agree? Threemilestone probably did'nt play to their full potential but did enough to take the points despite Cornish hitting the woodwork three times in the second half!

But after Chacewater Res draw with Crown Inn it must put Threemilestone in pole position again?

Best of luck guys :clapper:

And to your boys Soccer Follower ;)

Cornish New Boys 0 Threemilestone 2 (h/t 0-1)

Excellent performance from the New Boys, I'm sure Stones No 9 and Luffy will agree? Threemilestone probably did'nt play to their full potential but did enough to take the points despite Cornish hitting the woodwork three times in the second half!

But after Chacewater Res draw with Crown Inn it must put Threemilestone in pole position again?

Best of luck guys :clapper:

And to your boys Soccer Follower ;)

didnt play much of this game due to injury and are cup final being so close but still managed 5 mins at the end which is good for me at the moment :clapper::clapper:

you lot were far better then you position looks and i for one was expecting you to try and bully us off the ball like most teams have this season but you didnt you got the ball down and played good football at times

also i would like to add you were possibly the nicest bunch of lads we have played all season (apart from your lino who wouldnt stop going on about us being dirty) :wacko::wacko::wacko:

well played and best of luck next season hope you can follow us up a league!!!!

Mike, my take on the story is that the ref abandoned the game after ten minutes because a couple players were wearing rings that they couldn't remove, but they were taped up. What a load of tosh :SM_carton:

We best wait the actual facts from pitty or Gerrard8.

TREVENSON V HOLMANS.....

I CAN CONFIRM THAT THE MATCH WAS CALLED OFF AFTER 18 MINS DUE TO THE REF SPOTTING 2 HOLMANS PLAYERS WITH TAPED UP WEDDING RINGS,THE PLAYERS WERE UNABLE TO REMOVE THEM.WE STATED TO THE REF THAT WE DIDNT OBJECT TO THIS BUT HE CONFIRMED THAT THIS WAS F.A RULES <NEWS TO ME>. IT WAS A GREAT DAY FOR FOOTBALL WITH TWO TEAMS KEEN TO PLAY SO WE AGREED TO PLAY THE MATCH WITH ONE OF OURS REFEREING ...........OH AND WE LOST 0-6. FAIR PLAY TO HOLMANS THIS WAS THERE 3RD TEAM NO RINGERS OR 1ST OR 2ND TEAM PLAYERS THEY JUST WANTED IT MUCH MORE THAN US. :angry2:

Division 1.

Gwinear v St Just.-OFF- St Just unable to raise a side.

Portreath 4, Halsetown 1.

Redruth 5, Gulval 1.

Storm 1, St Ives Town 3.

Threemilestone 7, Robartes 0.

Trevenson ? v Holmans ?

Troon 1, Spice of Life 0.

Div 2.

Four Lanes 6, Sennen 0.

Ludgvan 1, Goonhavern 17.

Madron 4, Mount Ambrose 1.

Newlyn 4, St Agnes 2.

Trispen 7, CSM 1.

Div 3.

Chacewater 1, Crown Inn Glory 1.

Cornish New Boys 0, Threemilestone 2.

Gulval 4, Newlyn N.A. 6.

Portreath 8, Madron 1.

Storm 9, Pendeen 1.

Titans 6, Wendron 2.

Guest postman pat

titans 6 wendron 5th 2

our final game of our first ever season with a very good chance of finishing 3rd if results go our way

wendron turned up with only 10 players and tried to play football and even scored the first goal but in the end titans made the ball do the work and wore down a hard working wendron team to end up worthy winners 6-2. unlucky wendron shame you did not come back for the food we laid on for you but good luck in your last 2 games of the season. :c: you should do well if you can keep the side together next season as you tried to play football. a credit to this league. :clapper:

can't seem to remember any times in the second half when Cornish New Boys hit the woodwork, once in the first half maybe. I should know, I was the keeper.

yeah i was thinking that jasa

i remember me hitting the bloody woodwork again!!!!! :clapper::clapper::clapper:

well played in goal today mate did well!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Game That Never Was!!!!

Mining 1

Trevenson 0-6 Holmans 3rds

The Ref spoke to both teams before the game about attitude, gobbing off and taping up of rings etc!!(always a bad sign i feel)

15mins into the 1st half with the game at 0-0 and Trevenson being quite lively upfront the ref noticed my centre half had a ring on his right hand and although taped up he sent him from the field to remove it (which he couldn't) We continued to play with 10 men for a further 5min until he then spotted my other centre half with a taped up ring on his right and left hand!! Again he insisted he remove the ring or leave the field! We also had Graham Jewell upfront who although not detected yet was in the same situation.

Everybody knows we are a 3rd team playing mining 1 and lets be honest players are not exactly overflowing at Blaythorne!! I was unhappy at this point to continue the game losing at least 2 of my regular players and the impending dismissal of a ctr fwd and no offence to my 2 subs but they are subs for a reason!!! We are in a relegation dogfight that is going down to the wire this season and i think it's become more interesting then the title race (for me anyway hahahah)!!!!

The game was stopped and both teams were of the opinion that the ref was enforcing a ridiculous rule. Trevenson were happy to continue the match with the players taped up unfortunatly the ref wasn't. What is the difference between a taped up right hand and a taped up left hand???(which he was ok with)

After a quite long discusson the ref walked from the pitch and said that the game could not continue. Now correct me if i'm wrong here but we all turn out on a saturday to kick a leather ball around a pitch so the situation was both teams fully dressed in kit on a booked pitch and all everyone wanted to do was have a game of football. With the ref walking common sense began to prevail. Neil jefferies the manager of Trevenson and myself spoke and decided we would continue the game with a member of Trevenson as ref we also agreed (bearing in mind at the time of stoppage the game was 0-0) that we would ask the league whatever the result to allow that scoreline to stand.

What happened next was some of the most bizzare, happy and sad experiences in football!!! The game continued to half time at 0-0 and was fairly balanced and considering the respective league positions Holmans were obviously happy not to be behind. Coming out after half time we had a slight wind behind us and I know you are all not going to believe me but yes after 5 min i smacked one from the halfway line and it went in!!!!

Suddenly everything we hit all 2nd half went in and with the back 4 and especially the goalkeeper who was outstanding (my 7th this year!!!!!) we rode our luck and won the game 6-0. Obviously we were happy about the fact we had just beaten Trevenson 6-0 at their place although halfway through the 2nd half it began to dawn on us that the result might be taken away. No matter what we do this season the gods of football would appear to decree that Holmans are to go down. I accept this and at times we have been crap this season but sometimes we go out and beat all the odds and play great football that then results in us losing points!

Hopefully common sense will prevail and the result will stand but whatever the outcome it needs to be sorted quickly as it is obviously a significant result for ourselves, gulval, goonhavern, st ives and Trevenson!

Right i've rambled on far to long does anyone want to hear about my goal from the halfway line..................................... :D:D:D :D

Guest Jezza

should be interesting....

I would have thought the game would have to be replayed normally but bearing in mind Cricket season has already started, theres not much of a window for replaying it....

if not,

we also agreed (bearing in mind at the time of stoppage the game was 0-0) that we would ask the league whatever the result to allow that scoreline to stand.

seems to speak for itself, kind of shot yourself in the foot there?

can't seem to remember any times in the second half when Cornish New Boys hit the woodwork, once in the first half maybe. I should know, I was the keeper.

i remember me hitting the bloody woodwork again!!!!! :clapper::clapper::clapper:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry boys, I only saw the first half and was given report of the second!

Either way still a good performance, and if were being totally accurate the free kick that led to your first goal was never a foul, and that was at a point when New Boys were well on top!

But its putting away your chances that counts and over the season theres no doubt yourselves and Chacewater have been the best sides in Division 3! :clapper:

Guest Postie Pidge

You lot have conceded a lot of goals this season (nearly 100 I think) so I think changing your back line formation and getting the offside trap right should be looked at next season (I'm dissin' your system not the players). You do have a good team though mate, good luck next season.

The team has had a few strange results this season, some before I joined including a 7-6! Sulli I wasn't questioning your lineman skills but it was a bad day all round. I'm sure things will change in pre season and the team will be back fighting strong for the new campaign

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can remember the first half we hit the post, i think the only other onbe might of been 2nd half we had a looping shot and your keeper tipped it over for a corner but it might of shaved the bar or so it sounded??? Either way really enjoyed a good footballing game with you lads, but like you said tms no9 not many chances created by either side, very much played in the middle of the park.

You were right though about your keeper i said to your him on a few occasions "good hands", and he also had a very good kick on him for a smaller lad!!! :clapper:

I did also wonder why you were runnin the line as i knew you have had a similar season to myself, as im our teams top scorer with 20 goals and you have 22 is it?, i play in no 9 (although you were playin in 7 i think???), and i'm in my first season, if im not mistaken is it your first or second season something like that??

One last thing the guy who was markin me the tall fella was excellent for you guys, usually i win alot in the air as im lanky but we had a good battle this game really tough to play against.

Good luck next year in mining two and in this years title race :thumbsup::drink: :c:

St ives beat storm 3-1 just waiting on gulval result see if we are safe!

St. Ives with a deserved win. You could see that they had something to fight for.

Perhaps if we had scored a missed penalty to draw the game level at 2-2 this may have been different. But a casual, and in my case drunken, Storm team showed up today and were well beaten by a team that did not play like a team in thier position.

All the credit to St. Ives!

Thanks Cornish NB No9, not being harsh I did find it a bit easy seems though I played senior football for 3 years in goal but I dropped down to this level to play as an outfielder but as it always goes when the manager knows you used to play there you always get forced there against your will. was a good game however.

I know what you mean about out centre back, he is a class act aerially and he doesn't lose much because of his height, it's annoying when you come up against him when you have a good reputation in air!

Good luck for next season, should be able to put a promotion push together if you play like you did on Saturday next year!

Guest Luffy

Cornish New Boys gave us a really good game. As with Titans the previous week the team seemed very sluggish in the first half fortunatley we took one of our chances with the homeside not able to force the ball home. The second half was alot better and we probably could have scored a couple more although CNB could have scored themselves.

Thought that the CNB worked really hard and played some decent stuff at times. I had a feeling that the lads had one eye on the final this weekend and didn't want to pick up any injuries. I was happy with the 3 points and with Chacewater drawing the Title is back in our hands..

Looking forward to the Final should be a good game.

I can remember the first half we hit the post, i think the only other onbe might of been 2nd half we had a looping shot and your keeper tipped it over for a corner but it might of shaved the bar or so it sounded??? Either way really enjoyed a good footballing game with you lads, but like you said tms no9 not many chances created by either side, very much played in the middle of the park.

You were right though about your keeper i said to your him on a few occasions "good hands", and he also had a very good kick on him for a smaller lad!!! :clapper:

I did also wonder why you were runnin the line as i knew you have had a similar season to myself, as im our teams top scorer with 20 goals and you have 22 is it?, i play in no 9 (although you were playin in 7 i think???), and i'm in my first season, if im not mistaken is it your first or second season something like that??

One last thing the guy who was markin me the tall fella was excellent for you guys, usually i win alot in the air as im lanky but we had a good battle this game really tough to play against.

Good luck next year in mining two and in this years title race :thumbsup::drink::c:

yeah mate i was wearing 7 my number 9 shirt has gone missing somewhere lol

yeah i have a annoy injuring which i have had all season but seems to be hurting alot more now and my manager (luffy) thank god has abit of sense and rested me(first time in my second team history :( )

but it was defo needed now we look 4ward to are final and hopefully winning the league :yahoo:

ps..i couldnt help but notice your linesmen calling us dirty players and we were like that last time you played us......do you reckon we are because i just cant understand where he got that from lol :wacko:

Thanks Cornish NB No9, not being harsh I did find it a bit easy seems though I played senior football for 3 years in goal but I dropped down to this level to play as an outfielder but as it always goes when the manager knows you used to play there you always get forced there against your will. was a good game however.

being banned doesnt qualify as playing jasa!!

Good luck next year in mining two and in this years title race :thumbsup::drink::c:

yeah mate i was wearing 7 my number 9 shirt has gone missing somewhere lol

yeah i have a annoy injuring which i have had all season but seems to be hurting alot more now and my manager (luffy) thank god has abit of sense and rested me(first time in my second team history :( )

but it was defo needed now we look 4ward to are final and hopefully winning the league :yahoo:

ps..i couldnt help but notice your linesmen calling us dirty players and we were like that last time you played us......do you reckon we are because i just cant understand where he got that from lol :wacko:

I'll be honest with you m8 the first time we played you we went into the game too cocky and when we went two down in 5 mins, we started to argue and as you probably remember 1 of our players storm off after arguing with another. Then two playeras refused to come on and all three went home, leaving us 1 sub.

4 or 5 nill at half time we were never going to give you a good game. Luckiliy those 3 matured a bit, appologised and are playin some good footy 4 us, which is good as they are vital players in our squad!

The lines man you are refering to was in the 1st meeting between us our gaffer, but gave the job up to spend time with his family after we lost to your fist team in the aurther Pearce cup. He just shouts alot of rubbish some times as he is passionate about this club, also him and the captain set the club up!!! Our fans our the same which is why in the first game him and our fans were shoutin that sorta stuff because, they obviously dont like us to lose and blame anyone but us. (sorry 4 that), but you cant take it away from him or our fans, they have been integeral part of our fist season, following us everywhere whatever the day, rain or shine!!!

Just to finish after the 1st game we were just upset with ourselfs, but playin you again we realise you too were one of the nicest bunch of lads we have played this year, and hope to see you in mining two in the very near future!!!

:smiley20::drink: :thumbsup: