Cornwall Football Forum

Transfer window

LUKA MODRIC 22 year old Croation midfielder,of great quality.

Many Clubs showed intrest,including Chelski,Ar5ena1,Newcastle and a host of foriegn teams.

Spurs have shown the rest of the Premiership,they mean buisness next season.

15.8 million pounds proves we got money to spend.

Great signing.More to come ?

Be afraid the Spurs are coming.

COYS.

I'm more interested in who's leaving Spurs to be honest. Hopefully most of the deadwood will be cleared out?. People like Gardner, Rocha, Young-Pyo, Stalteri, Ghaly, Tainio are sure bets to be out of the door and rightly so because they just aren't good enough.

Also look to sell regulars that we can get a decent fee for like Dawson, Chimbonda, Robinson, Jenas, Lennon, Malbranque and Berbatov.

Berbatov IS going to be sold in the summer and I reckon Barcelona will be his destination. We will get good money for the players mentioned and add that to the £30-40million that's been made available to Ramos and that's a possible £65+million for him to build HIS SQUAD.

The striker that replaces Berba will I think be a world class player that will turn a few heads?.

So, coming in will be atleast 2 new keepers, 1 class defender, maybe 2 more midfielders (finally the elusive left winger we've waited so long for?) and a class striker.

My bold purchasing predictions are:

Keeper = Kameni + A.N Other

Defender = Jarque

Midfielder(s) = Aiden McGeady and a possible replacement for Lennon, Bentley??

Striker = Samuel Eto'o. Talks held 2 weeks ago and more planned for next week and the player himself is excited because Spurs have said they will use him as "the face of the club" in their worldwide marketing campaign and also use him to promote football in Africa, which is a cause very close to his heart.

Alot of you will scoff at my predictions but, hey it's all fun.

As for Modric, I know nothing about the lad except for what I've read in the press. Is he actually as good as we are led to believe?.

Ive seen Modric a couple of times.He is quality.But there are questions?

a] Is a 22year old worth 15.8 million?

b] Will he adapt to the premeirship?

c]Did Ramos want him,or is this a Commoli signing?

Hopefully this boy will fullfill his potential,then Spurs will have a diamond.

As for Eto,o I have heard these rumours as well.

Spurs have always liked this lad,trying to sign him before he went to Barca.

This will only happen IF Berbatov goes.

As for the deadwood Coopsie,I agree they will be gone.

Plus some big names.But who, I dont know.

gotta agree with everything coopsie has said. be interested to see who will be out the door at the lane. Modric is a quality signing. would say he is along the lines of rosicky at Ar5ena1. Its been a while since we had a top drawer centre midfielder. hopefully the left side problem will be sorted but can honestly see ramos playing bale wide left with gilberto left back. still need a dominant box to box tough tackling centree mid though. zokora or jenas are not the answer.

Anyway, the standard has been set very early on with this signing so heres to a good summer!!! :smiley20:

COYS :clapper:

FOYG :yahoo:

What about the fans of other clubs?

Do Man Utd need Berbagod?

Bentley to Liverpool, good or bad?

Jo & Ronaldinho to Man City?

Ribery to Chelsea?

David Villa to Arsenal?

Henry to Newcastle, does anyone believe it?!

All these questions, interested to find out everyone's thoughts?