Cornwall Football Forum

Left or Right Foot?

Fatso

Professional Players  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you expect professional players to be able to kick with both feet considering the vast amount of money they get paid each week?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't matter!

Ive noticed professional players getting caught in a spot of bother recently by not being able to use both feet when kicking a ball. This is quite surprising. I know they are abviously quality players way out of our league, but surely they should be able to at least launch a ball with their weak foot????? What do you think?

I think they should at the very least be comfortable with both feet.Lets not forget these guys have trained most days for most of their lives and yet they can still only use one foot.Dont get me wrong its fair enough to have a prefered foot but they should be able to use both.

Ive noticed professional players getting caught in a spot of bother recently by not being able to use both feet when kicking a ball. This is quite surprising. I know they are abviously quality players way out of our league, but surely they should be able to at least launch a ball with their weak foot????? What do you think?

What do you reckon Riise is earning, around £40,000 per week maybe?. How can any PRO player not be able to use both feet comfortably?. I also don't go for this "well it's on his weaker foot" bulls**t either.

I pay to play for my team each week and am told by my manager to take EVERY corner and make sure they are inswinging. I have absolutely NO PROBLEM using either foot, whether that's to volley, cross, take free kicks, corners etc etc. I am right footed (or I was when I was young) but now I honestly have no preferred foot to kick with.

I don't practice every day and I don't get paid an insane amount of money to play football. There is simply NO EXCUSE for any pro player not being able to use both feet.

Given the fact that there are far more right footed players in the world than there are left footers, we seem to notice these "lefties" really struggling to use their "standing foot" more than we do "righties" using their "standing foot." :wacko::wacko: (think i worded that right). Take this weekends games and really keep an eye on the amount of lefties that really cannot use their "other" foot. Wheras "righties" will use their left if really called upon. Take some of the worlds best left footers - Maradonna, Carlos, Messi, Giggs etc etc and how often do these players use their right peg (never). Now take right footers - Pele, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Beckham etc etc etc and how often do these players use their left peg(if and when required). Interesting!!!! Take a look this weekend at people like Clichy, Cole, Duff, Riise(if he starts), Evre, Van Persie, Richardson.

Essay over!!

Guest jumpersforgoalposts

when we were young our coach used to take half an hour a week just teaching us to kick with the opposite foot. started off with a tennis ball, just kicking against the wall and the better we got the more we progressed to a full sized football. at the age of about 11 i could kick a ball just aswell with my left as my right! There is no excuse for a player with that much time on their hands to practice not to be able to use the opposite foot! Imagine what Brian Clough would have doone to Riise if he was his manager!ha