Cornwall Football Forum

Arthur Pearce Semi Final Result

Gorgie

Portreath 1 Illogan Res 2

Very good match, Illogan deserved winners with a 2nd goal five minutes from time after Portreath had equalised with about 15 to go! Kevin Mitchell unfortunately sent off for violent conduct but although very competitive by no means a dirty match!

Great Illogan team performance but I thought Neilson Calloway in paticular was excellent!

Good luck to Portreath in the league campaign and to Illogan, now in 2 cup finals!! :clapper:

Yep the boys did well, Nils had a great game again as did Lee Harris who was superb in the back. Thought Portreath were looking tired from what must be a long season for them having gone so far in all competitions, they didnt quite have that spark that was there when i saw them win the Junior Cup final.

But taking nothing away from Illogan they all battled there socks off and deserved everything they got all the best to Andy and the team in both the finals.

Got to agree with you there Gee, Nils was a class act last night.

I thought 1st half we edged it but only had one real chance which produced a great save fron sean in goal.

2nd half started and Illogan got a bit of luck with there 1st goal, a shot from Elly from 25yds was deflected & sent A Bucks the wrong way, then we had a player sent off moments later. We then started to play a bit but constantly playing long balls which didn't really suit us. We had 4/5 attempts cleared off the line by the Illogan defence from long throws but managed to get an equaliser. Then a couple of minutes from the end Mikey bloody Pascoe scores the winner after some poor marking by us,but we only had 9 men on the pitch at that stage & I still don't know why the free kick was given which led to the goal.????

Congratulations to Illogan & good luck in both finals.

Back to the league on Saturday & can't wait to get back on the field to put things right.

Gee I told the lads if they win the finals I'll come up the club with my J-cup medals & compare-see who's got the biggest. :thumbsup:

Rob, don't lower yourself mate....I would call this season a success,J-cup winners,unbeaten in the league so far & more than lightly going combo next year.....not bad I must say....Oh I forgot to say,I happy with whaT I got after the match last night.................................cheese & pickle sandwich & a few doritos...

I am really pleased Baggie that you both liked and appreciated the sandwiches!

Several actually thanked St Agnes AFC for our hospitality which was lovely!

I did mean to thank you for the refreshments Aggiemaid, lovely cup tea at half time :clapper:

Its me who should be thanking you aggiemaid...thats all I had for tea last night...oh, and a Guiness

For a minute there Baggie I thought you had taken out a sandwhich with nothing to wash it down with, but then you redeemed yourself! hehe :drink: