Cornwall Football Forum

The Roberts Report: Albion 2 v 3 Mawnan

Guest Roberts

Guest Roberts

Firstly apologies to the fans of the roberts report that i diddnt cover saturday's game vs mawnan!

Big shout out to a guy called ryan james in australia, sent me a nice email in the week saying he was a fan!

And of course a massive shout out to the number one fan "mariner"

Both teams went into this game needing points in front of a crowd of 40 strong. Albion needing a couple of wins from thier remainng games to avoid relegation, and mawnan still in the title race. The game started in a whirlwind of goals! a corner in the 2nd minute saw Renfree scream a volley into the top left hand side of albions goal! ALBION HEADS DROP! within 4 minutes mawnan had there second, within 10 minutes mawnan had there third! lukily thats when the mawnan strikers decided to chill out. Not much else to report in the first half but albion did manage to get the ball down and play the ball around towards the end of the half but the core of mawnans team stood strong. both teams started the second half well. playing nice football well, but with every slightly late challenge the game became more of a physical battle. Albions half time team talk had definatly rilied them because they were getting on top of mawnan creating chnaces but not quite finishing them. 60 minutes in AAron benney who had ran his socks off was replaced by the number 15 (joe something). A few late challenges went in and the referee just managed to handle the game. with 5 to go the ball fell to simon spear to surely slot it home but he fluffed it the ball looped up and the number 15 (joe something) slotted home with a tidy finish! He then celebrated with his hand over his ear in an emile heskey style fashion. (obviously he had recieved alot of verbal on the pitch!)

two minutes could albion get back into it.....

NO, but albion showed promise

a good game tonite thanks and good luck to mawnan for the rest of the season.

thankyou roberts

(the roberts report is in no way bias to any team)

Guest Clancy Von-Heffenburger

dont think mawnans strikers or the rest of the team chilled out- they jus couldnt put the ball away!!! the greens definitely controlled the game but just got a little slack near the end- well done for your finish though roberts!! do you only put reports up when you score??

Guest Roberts

sorry bout that!

had a few beers after the game!

sorry NIGE, the game did end 3-2!

and the answer to clancy von-heffenbergers (dont know why he dosent just write his proper name) question is NOPE, cose i rarely score and the report is a regular thing!

and sorry i did miss out a goal, had 25 texts from fans of the roberts report on the blower last night not knowing what was going on! And maybe the mawnan stikers diddnt chill out, but there defence did in the last 30 mins, because both goals cam fro sloppy marking. And the guy who scored the other albion goal was Niel Ansell who got on the end of a deflected cross and volleyed in to the inside netting of the goal! SUPURB FINISH! but no trademark roll celebration from the kid! DISSAPOINTING! and i think the other scorers for mawnan were DJ and ollie miller? i may be wrong, so correct me if i am, but u can expect me to know the names of all opsite players.

hope i cleared that all up!

Guest Roberts

whos whirlwind and is he blind?

i wrote renfree (greg) scremed a volley in.

and i said dj scored, i thort ollie miller had the other one!

but thanks for correcting me....