Cornwall Football Forum

COMBO Results 22 April

Guest AlanB

Hayle res 2-2 St Just

Palmer 1

Bevis 1

A game of two halves we played better the first half and St Just had the better of the second half 2-1 to us at the halftime whistle St Just came back and equalised 5min into the second half and put some pressure on to go for the winner but a draw was fair result in the end.

Good luck to Steve Curnow and St Just for rest of season always glad to see him a good player and now good manager.

Guest Ronin

Culdrose 9 - 4 Perranporth

13 goals in one game!!! What action! What rain! The Airmen came out fighting right from the start and caught us off guard netting 3 goals in 7 mins :o . This left stand-in managers Terry Ansell and Shaun Clements with a tough job to lift their players spirits enough to get through the first half. I helped from the dug-out by blessing the players with my infinite wisdom at the top of my voice - I think they could hear me in the Culdrose control tower :P The Perranporth fans grumbled.... the Culdrose goals kept coming...and so did the rain :( Lewis Bridger grabbed us one back to go in 6-1 down at half time at which point some of our players joked about going home early to catch the Liverpool/Chelsea game (and I'm not totally sure all of them were joking!)

The second half saw us giving all we could and we shocked the home side with two quick goals from Cox & Bridger. It rained harder <_< , Culdrose put us back in our place before Bridger bagged his third and they were as determined not to let us score 5 as we were not to let them score 10! I think everyone was glad to hear the final whistle, especially poor Anita!

13 goals in one game!!! What action! What rain! The Airmen came out fighting right from the start and caught us off guard netting 3 goals in 7 mins :o . This left stand-in managers Terry Ansell and Shaun Clements with a tough job to lift their players spirits enough to get through the first half. I helped from the dug-out by blessing the players with my infinite wisdom at the top of my voice - I think they could hear me in the Culdrose control tower :P The Perranporth fans grumbled.... the Culdrose goals kept coming...and so did the rain :( Lewis Bridger grabbed us one back to go in 6-1 down at half time at which point some of our players joked about going home early to catch the Liverpool/Chelsea game (and I'm not totally sure all of them were joking!)

The second half saw us giving all we could and we shocked the home side with two quick goals from Cox & Bridger. It rained harder <_< , Culdrose put us back in our place before Bridger bagged his third and they were as determined not to let us score 5 as we were not to let them score 10! I think everyone was glad to hear the final whistle, especially poor Anita!

How come there was no edd or mickey ronin and it must have cost you missing your skipper spoke to him today shame you have lost him for the season he is a quality defender

Def a game of two halfs, we lost the first half 6-1 and drew the second half 3-3 :D I was so wet and cold i didn't even wait for the ref or the other guy to leave the changing room before i was changed and in the bar :) :smiley20:

Guest Ronin

How come there was no edd or mickey ronin and it must have cost you missing your skipper spoke to him today shame you have lost him for the season he is a quality defender

We've bumped them off and buried them under the centre circle! :D No, seriously we have!!!

Yeah not good news about Jonny with us having a few games left to play, he'll be chomping at the bit next season though :thumbsup:

St Ives Town 2-2 Newquay Reserves

Another game played in near darkness! St Ives went 1-0 up in the early minutes when a long-range free kick sailed over the head of our keeper and went in the top corner. I think he meant it! We went 2-0 down within the first ten mins following a good headed goal.

We got back into the game with another bizarre goal, the defender slammed the ball against my thigh and it looped into the top corner from the edge of the box. They all count! St Ives had enough chances to put the game out of sight, I have never seen so many penalty requests turned down! St Ives hit the post in the second half, and in the last minute a corner resulted in James Pennington trying his luck on the turn, his volley hit the bar, bounced down on the line and thankfully it was fairly easy to head the ball in. We were on the receiving end of a 94th minute equaliser on Saturday, so I can understand what it was like for the St Ives lads. Still, we're obviously pleased to have got a point.

The pitch was quite scary, looked a bit like Holywell Bay golf course in places. I'll never hear a bad word said about Mount Wise again! The ref had a very difficult game, not his best by any means but there were no cards and the game was played in good spirit in my opinion. Does anyone know what happened to the lady assistant who left the game early?

Thanks to the St Ives lads, enjoy your remaining few games.

CAN CONFIRM, PORTHLEVEN 6 MULLION 2

SCORERS - PORT, ASH STIDWELL 3, REG PEARSON 2 & MIKE DAVIS

SCORERS - MULLION, DAN STIDWELL & JOHN LEACH.

Full credit to mullion, 4-1 down at h/t but never gave up & bossed the first 25mins of 2nd half however, port got their act back together & could of had a hatfull in last 15mins.

Guest Monty

Mike,

As quite rightly Kev pointed out he is not a first team player as he is our captain, More to the point he has be called upon to help cover positions required from the first team management but never was used, thats why we are Falmouth Town reserves to cover the first if required and the way it should work i think???