Cornwall Football Forum

LIVERPOOL v CHELSEA

I'll be first to say "good luck Liverpool". :thumbsup:

I hope that they hammer the boring ruski blue side of London to be honest. Liverpool often bore the crap out of me when I watch them play BUT they are as exciting as the worlds most adrenaline pumping rollercoaster when they are compared to Chelsea.

I'll bet that Chelsea tactics will be to stifle Liverpool over both legs and HOPE that's enough to get them to Moscow (or is that home?), where they will attempt to do the same thing to United. Unfortunately for Chelsea, Liverpool or should I say Torres and Gerrard, will tear them to pieces and Roman and his Russian mercenaries will have a completely fruitless season :yahoo:

Maybe Abramavich should approach Wenger because atleast that way Chelsea would be trophyless but would play beautiful football. ;)

Be honest Coopsie, up until Tevez got that last-gasp equaliser on Saturday you and the rest of the Manchester Bay Buccaneers franchise supporters were “bricking it”…..who knows, if this credit crunch bites really hard in the states, you might wish you had a Russian billionaire owner instead of a Yank with a 50% mortgage of about £350-400 million tied to your club assets and future possible earnings (scary stuff as interest rates go up) .

Personally I don’t give a stuff which one of you wins in the Champs’ League, but I do know that if it’s a team in red we’ll never hear the end of it!

Be honest Coopsie, up until Tevez got that last-gasp equaliser on Saturday you and the rest of the Manchester Bay Buccaneers franchise supporters were “bricking it”…..who knows, if this credit crunch bites really hard in the states, you might wish you had a Russian billionaire owner instead of a Yank with a 50% mortgage of about £350-400 million tied to your club assets and future possible earnings (scary stuff as interest rates go up) .

Personally I don’t give a stuff which one of you wins in the Champs’ League, but I do know that if it’s a team in red we’ll never hear the end of it!

Nice rant pal :rolleyes: ....

Now take a look at my avatar picture and see if I actually give a crap about the Mancs or their American debt builders.

Note to self, "should do more to make it clear that I'm a Spurs supporter"

Last night finally proved to me that Chelsea are the worst team in the Premier league, for fouling Cheating, & diving, which also in my view has downgraded the Modern game of Football.

Take Drogba, he fouled, cheated, & dived his way through the whole of the match, he made one very big mistake he did not count on the Referee being more intelligent than him,

as for John Terry he is without Doubt the dirtiest fouling English player in the Football League, as the game progressed he got worse, in the end the ref had no choice but to book him,

before any of you come down on me like a tonne of bricks, yes Liverpool had their fair share of fouls, but none of them were as bad as Chelsea,

unfortunatley it took a mistake from a Liverpool player to get them a Goal,

As for Lampard saying that Chelsea deserved a draw, I am not a Liverpool fan, but they were by far the better team,

& I hope they beat Chelsea in the second leg

Guest Luffy

Last night finally proved to me that Chelsea are the worst team in the Premier league, for fouling Cheating, & diving, which also in my view has downgraded the Modern game of Football.

Take Drogba, he fouled, cheated, & dived his way through the whole of the match, he made one very big mistake he did not count on the Referee being more intelligent than him,

as for John Terry he is without Doubt the dirtiest fouling English player in the Football League, as the game progressed he got worse, in the end the ref had no choice but to book him,

before any of you come down on me like a tonne of bricks, yes Liverpool had their fair share of fouls, but none of them were as bad as Chelsea,

unfortunatley it took a mistake from a Liverpool player to get them a Goal,

As for Lampard saying that Chelsea deserved a draw, I am not a Liverpool fan, but they were by far the better team,

& I hope they beat Chelsea in the second leg

Chelsea are no different to any other club in Premiership when in comes to antics in regards to trying to gain an advantage, in the modern game. Coming from a hammers fan who basically saw their team stay up last year on dodgy decisions, I do not think that you should throw too many stones in a glass house.

Although the tie is not over I do think that the ball is in the blues hands. Now all we have to do is beat Man Utd on Saturday and cross our fingers that they drop some points and we may still be on for a double.

DROGBA = DISGRACEFUL PEOPLE LIKE HIM SHUDNT BE ALOUD TO PLAY THE MODERN GAME , SHUD TAKE HIM BK TO 50/60'S AND PLACE HIM IN GOAL WHEN GOALIES AT NO PROTECTION AND TO GET THE BALL IN THE NET YOU OFTEN PUT THE KEEPER IN AS WELL , THAT WAY HE MAY GROW SOME BALLS

IDIOT :angry::angry::angry: :angry:

I honestly thought that it was a poor game, Drogba falls over far to easily for a man of his size as does Torres ( before everyone comes on here saying "what about Ronaldo" I know he goes down easily as well and I don't like that either) and people saying it is part of the modern game is crap, men should still be men and stand up and be counted. A few years ago footballers got kicked or nearly cut in half by people like chopper Harris, they stood up and pretended that they weren't hurt, now they roll around on the floor pretending that they are.

Also last night shown why England wont be at the Euros in the summer all the players who had any say in the outcome of the game were foreign (the best player on the pitch by far was Alonso). Players like cashley Cole, Joe cole, Terry, Gerrard and Lampard were all anonymous and seemed to freeze on the big stage.

Coopsie,

Torres didn't freeze, he got battered by two of the most cynical defenders in Europe and forced Cech into two saves he (Torres) would normally have snapped up.

It was Gerrard who once again against the Chav's had a quiet game, leaving Torres a bit isolated up front.

With Alonso and Mascherano controlling the midfield, Rafa should have brought on Crouch instead of Benayoun to take a bit of the load off Torres.

Got a feeling, that with Aurelio injured and Riise's OG last night, Rafa may bring in Hyypia and switch carragher to Left back for the 2nd leg....Was impressed with Skertl last night.

I wonder what will happen to Abramovich if he goes back to Russia to watch his team (Chlesea) assuming they reach the Moscow final. Would Putin have him arrested so he could nick all his money. Liverpool is just a joke. You have a part owner coming on to live television saying he wants the Chief Execeutive to go. He could be right but isn't that called constructive dismissal if Perry eventually does.

At least the Glaziers shut up and lets Manchester United run itself.

Luffy.

by the tone of your reply you must be a Chelsea fan because I would not expect you to admit to anything whatsoever, as for your comments on West ham that is a totally different subject to the one for which I have commented on, & West Ham paid a big fine, Maybe if Chelsea were to have a big fine for they way that they cheat & dive & foul when playing other teams, the game of football would be more entertaining, because with a few heavy fines the clubs who continue to play in this manner would soon put their house in order,

Of course many other clubs have problems with players who Dive cheat & foul, even West Ham is not without fault, I also believe that this has only come about since we have imported more players from overseas, there was a time when we used to make comments about continental players ability to dive & fall at will & fool the Referee into giving a Penaltys or free kicks

But now we have them playing in British Clubs & I believe that it is not good for the game of Football,

I also believe that we now have to many Continentals within our clubs,

You can no longer say that Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United, ETC are true English Football clubs

surely we must have plenty of home grown players to play for our clubs, we always did have if not now why not?

Hammers : :mellow::huh::c: :c:

Luffy.

by the tone of your reply you must be a Chelsea fan because I would not expect you to admit to anything whatsoever, as for your comments on West ham that is a totally different subject to the one for which I have commented on, & West Ham paid a big fine, Maybe if Chelsea were to have a big fine for they way that they cheat & dive & foul when playing other teams, the game of football would be more entertaining, because with a few heavy fines the clubs who continue to play in this manner would soon put their house in order,

Of course many other clubs have problems with players who Dive cheat & foul, even West Ham is not without fault, I also believe that this has only come about since we have imported more players from overseas, there was a time when we used to make comments about continental players ability to dive & fall at will & fool the Referee into giving a Penaltys or free kicks

But now we have them playing in British Clubs & I believe that it is not good for the game of Football,

I also believe that we now have to many Continentals within our clubs,

You can no longer say that Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United, ETC are true English Football clubs

surely we must have plenty of home grown players to play for our clubs, we always did have if not now why not?

Hammers : :mellow::huh::c::c:

Hammers I dont want to get into a row with you over this but how can you say that United cannot call themselves a true English club

Ben Foster, next England keeper (been out injured)

Gary Neville, England defender(been out injured)

Wes Brown, England defender

Rio Ferdinand, England defender

Micheal Carrick, England Midfielder

Owen Hargreaves, England midfielder

Paul Scholes, ex England midfielder

Wayne Rooney, England forward

Ryan giggs ( I know he is welsh but he is a home grown player)

how many more do we need to have before we can be called English?

Guest johnner

If this was a premiership game does anyone think John Terry could be a little worried over his little kick out on Torres.Sort of thing has seen players in trouble.e.g Hleb and Van Persie?

Ah reckon so

You are correct Man do have a lot of home grown players more than some of the other clubs, but Man United are a very big club, & I would take a safe bet that the Continental players at Man U far out number the English Players,

also some of the home grown players are starting to copy the Continentals, EI Diving Bad fouls ETC, John Terry of Chelsea is a good example, this to me is a great pitty,

I wonder What the great Sir Stanley Mathews would have to say about todays players, I rest my case

Hammers :mellow::mellow::c: :c:

The above comments on English players at Premiership clubs got me thinking…what portion of our top 4 Premiership clubs 1st team squads are English born players It’s quite interesting that some may have more than you think and some considerably less.

Manchester United

!st team Squad = 28 containing 11 English players (includes Hargreaves not English born but does play for England) + 1 out on loan (6 normally involved in current England squad)

Chelsea

1st team squad = 30 containing 11 English players + 2 out on loan (6 normally involved in current England squad)

Arsenal

1st team squad = 27 containing 4 English players + 1 out on loan (1 normally involved in current England squad)

Liverpool

1st team squad = 29 containing 6 English players + 2 out on loan (3 normally involved in current England squad)

for Hammers benefit

West Ham

1st team squad = 30 containing 17 English players (3 normally involved in current England squad)

What did surprise me is that Arsenal and Liverpool put together can just about muster as many home-grown’s as either Man Utd or Chelsea individually.

PS apologies to "coopsie" - Note to myself: I must get some specs, I didn't see that proud-looking cockerel in the avatar