Cornwall Football Forum

Unbeaten Duchy League Season!!!!!!

I THINK ST CLEER HAVE JUST BEEN BEATEN SO THERE AREN'T ANY OTHER UNBEATEN TEAMS IN THE DUCHY LEAGUE.

HOWEVER, EDGECUMBE, ST STEPHENS BOROUGH AND LAMERTON ENJOYED SUCCESSIVE PROMOTION SEASONS FROM DIVISION 4 EAST ALL THE WAY TO THE PREMIER DIVISION. DURING THIS PERIOD I AM RELIABLY INFORMED THAT LAMERTON HAD TWO SEASONS UNBEATEN, NOT INCLUDING KO CUPS.

I AM INFORMED THAT EDGECUMBE AND ST STEPHENS BOROUGH HAVE ALSO HAD TWO UNBEATEN SEASONS OUT OF THE LAST FIVE BUT IT HAS NOT BEEN VERIFIED YET.

As a former Saints player, who started the season at the club, and as a proud sponsor of the club, let me be the first on this forum to say,

CONGRATS!! Well done Boys, you really have done proud....although we did scare ya at your place!!!

Coops, hows the bones holding up now??

I can fully understand why these players werent helping the first team at first, as every week at training the 2nd team solid, training hard and sweating bricks so we invited the first team...and should'nt have bothered. Waste of time.

But as ive noticed, the firsts have had the pleasure of some of the class acts from the 2nd team recently, so all is not as bad as it was.

Its just a case of bringing the club closer to together.

I think going unbeaten in any league is an achievement, St Austell have had a quality side this season, far too good for Duchy 5, but you still have to beat what's infront of you! To win home and away to Premier Sixes takes some doing, plus you get the odd occasion when you have to beat a strengthened Reserve team as a clubs first team are without a fixture, so plenty of chances to slip up!

It will be interesting to see how they got on next season, but they should be congratulated on their achievements for this season :D:drink: :thumbsup:

Portreath in the mining league unbeaten in there league since jan 2007 and unbeaten in all competitions since may 2007, junior cup winners and have around 7/8 games left only dropped 4 points, can anybody do any better....... congrats to you and all at st austell great acheivement...

That is impresive good luck for the rest of the season and I hope your record stays intact.

As a former Saints player, who started the season at the club, and as a proud sponsor of the club, let me be the first on this forum to say,

CONGRATS!! Well done Boys, you really have done proud....although we did scare ya at your place!!!

Coops, hows the bones holding up now??

I can fully understand why these players werent helping the first team at first, as every week at training the 2nd team solid, training hard and sweating bricks so we invited the first team...and should'nt have bothered. Waste of time.

But as ive noticed, the firsts have had the pleasure of some of the class acts from the 2nd team recently, so all is not as bad as it was.

Its just a case of bringing the club closer to together.

Right on Jenks hit the nail on the head, the second team was not required early on in the season, but some of the boys are putting in some fine performances for the 1st team.

I have still got another 6 weeks in plaster mate which is a bit of a bummer, but these things happen!!

St Newlyn East won 26 out of 26 games in Duchy Div 2 as well as Divisonal Cup in 97/98. God - seems like a lifetime ago.

Congratulations to St Austell though for doing it as at any standard it takes some doing. Teams are more 'up' for trying to beat you too.

Good luck in Div 4 next season.

Jiggy

www.clubwebsite.co.uk/stnewlyneastfc

So you should be the amount of big fish in such a small pond.Lets be honest is it such a greay achievement. :unsure:

What do you mean by being big fish in such a small pond and is it such a great acievement??? Any team in any league to go a season unbeaten is a very good achievment

answer to your question woodmanaldo yes if we finish in th top three, i think we might do that now then we will be promoted to combo.

thanks to super cooper, maybe we could arrange a friendly for next year....

Thats sounds good if someone from your club contacts our secretary Lee Allen I sure we will be up for it!!

Guest johnner

Flippo,not running anyone from town 2nds down.They have a very good side with players that could and should be playing senior footy,but hey thats their decision.They have scored an average of 6 goals a game, conceding an average 1.Great stats :clapper: But as ive said a very good side in a very average duchy 5 league.