Cornwall Football Forum

The lack of facilities

Guest General Manager

Guest General Manager

Just to clarify - Truro College had based its structure for next year around Truro City.

Astro turf scheduled for morning training, followed by exclusive use of the fitness suite.

Lunch prepared in a seperate cafe.

Massage/Physio rooms available pm, Along with classroom and Computers/powerpoint etc for tactics.

Astro available in the afternoon.

5 days a week.

Price - less than a first team players annual salary for the whole season!

Not bad facilities for this step of the pyramid.

Just to clarify - Truro College had based its structure for next year around Truro City.

Astro turf scheduled for morning training, followed by exclusive use of the fitness suite.

Lunch prepared in a seperate cafe.

Massage/Physio rooms available pm, Along with classroom and Computers/powerpoint etc for tactics.

Astro available in the afternoon.

5 days a week.

Price - less than a first team players annual salary for the whole season!

Not bad facilities for this step of the pyramid.

So what are you saying that Mr Heaney lied about his reasons for not going full time??????????

Guest TruroLad

yep, how there is a lack of facilities i will never know, truro college has extremely good facilities good enough for any team from mining 3 - conference premier and beyond, so to say there is a lack of training facilities is not only absurd but very disrespectful to the college and its staff who but time and effort into maintaining these facilities.

and what is wrong with treyew road for the next 3-4 years?

The lack of facilities argument is a load of rubbish, when I was at Sussex University, Brighton and Hove Albion used our pitches, gym and sports bar when they were in the championship and when I was at the University of Gloucestershire, Forest Green Rovers trained on our astro turf and used our cantine, we could even use their physio for the our five university BUSA sides! I would say the facilities at Truro College are better than those used by Forset Green and probably of a similiar standard to Sussex University (Don't know if Brighton still uses them)!

This is what get's me angry about Truro City, It's a kop out to use the facilities as an excuse. I don't know the real reasons behind it, but it's certainly not a 'training base'! I unlike most on here want to see Truro get to the highest level possible, mainly for the reason that it gives good youngsters in the area a chance to play at a good non league standard without moving away! I think the squad if it stayed together would be fine football wise in the Southern league but they need to add some steel in the team as theres a big step up in terms of fitness, speed and strength at the Southern league level, and with all the fun and games going on I think recruiting the required players is gonna be a tough task regardless of the money on offer! Trust is still a big thing in football and I for one would probably trust the Tiverton chairman over the Truro chairman after what's happened!

Best of luck Truro City!

It is a big shame because it is very difficult to believe anything that comes out of Truro City FC anymore. We keep getting thrown red herrings. Just look at Plymouth Argyle. Do you think they go running around all over the place looking for the best possible training facilities? I'm sure they use indoor facilities at times but they do their training on Harpers field and its back to Home Park for a meal and a shower. They have their own gym in Home Park.

As I said red herring after red herring. Somebody once said something like you can fool somebody some of the time but you cant fool them all of the time.

I listened to both Chris Webb and Dave Leonard on BBC Radio Cornwall on Saturday. Webb basically said what a difference Dave Newton has made. Implying that the time Leonard was there he wasn't any good. Leonard comes on and can barely contain his anger. Like he said it was his team and he expected nothing less from them than to show professionalism.

It will slowly unravel. What a dreadful shame.

Guest Sport Lover

Pirates use Cornwall College and 'borrowed' Camborne Rugby ground for their season. Surely if they can organise themselves as a full time outfit then Truro City could if they tried?

Some of you people make it so black and white,and seem to have all the answers.I can understand Kevin Heaney wanting a 3 year contract,what would be the good of a short term contract if the college pulled the plug after 12 months.All this has come about because of the lack of support from Carrick Council when they turned down plans to build a training complex at Kenwyn that would not only benefit Truro City Football Club but also the youth of the County.Perhaps with a 3 year contract at the college it would give Kevin Heaney time to find a space and build elsewhere.

KIT.

Guest Man on the Post

It is interesting to note that since TCFC's Kenwyn plans were turned down an Inspector, appointed by the Secretary of State, has found Carrick Council's 'Core Development Strategy' to be unsound. This means that Carrick Council will have to scrap their current Developement Plan and start again. In these circumstances I can't help but wonder if an appeal would have been successful. :D

Can anyone come on with the definitive answer to the question. Does Treyew Road have a covenant on it which means the ground can only be used for sports purposes?. Yes or No! There was a lot of talk about it when Mr Heaney took over. So what is the answer?

Guest mariner

To many excuses the man cant invest what he wants to cause he aint got the cash an estimated 400 grand a season in wages alone. Then there is the situation with domestic bills the gas was cut off, water 2 hours away from being stopped before a league match, a landline being cut off. And he may be lured to the top flight rugby.

• 4 weeks later...

you have all got it incorrect mr Heaney is not just after the truro city pitch ,,,, he wants the entrance to the ground so he can then control the development of all the land down to the old railway line and across to arch hill millions and miillions of pounds worth of developement land and he would have the key to unlock it all " accsess " think about it he could build a stadium on the ground they have now with indoor training gyms club house and add on alsorts and is that not open land aroud the city ground ,,,,,,,so why not turn that into youth pitches if he cares about truro citys kids but hes only after a fast buck and he hopes we will all turn on the council ,,,,,,

Guest Mawnans no 9

Usually Mr Jones Different Opinions are good things , and people should feel FREE to give there opinion but in your case could you not keep yours to yourself , Your like an old record

Would help if Vinny understand the land ownership for that area most owned by Lord Falmouth although he recently has sold the stretch from the club down to Arch Hill which is being developed for housing (No Not Cornish Homes) the ground at Treyew Road will be developed for offices and a proposed hotel what the City really needs none of which will happen until the club has been relocated.

Guest Bunhill

Would help if Vinny understand the land ownership for that area most owned by Lord Falmouth although he recently has sold the stretch from the club down to Arch Hill which is being developed for housing (No Not Cornish Homes) the ground at Treyew Road will be developed for offices and a proposed hotel what the City really needs none of which will happen until the club has been relocated.

Tesco are interested in relocating to this particular area of the City - to that end they had a firm from up country down a week or so ago to do a landscape/environmental survey.