Cornwall Football Forum

St Ives 1 Perranwell !

Well i watched the game today and it was a very scrappy game ( well i have never seen a good game at the saltings ever) And the St Ives boys had to revert to their usual tactics!! Well they finished with 9 men! says it all.

They have a few very good footballers but likewise some who should just give up putting on a shirt every saturday afternoon! they are complete nutters!! they are a disgrace to the game and the ref didn't play any stoppage time at all as he bottled it, because he took so much verbal abuse he wanted to go home!

We may not have the best ground in the league but can anyone tell me who enjoys going to St Ives and play against them on that pitch??? I may moan and groan but i wished the building development near the ground continued further in. :SM_carton::SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Well i watched the game today and it was a very scrappy game ( well i have never seen a good game at the saltings ever) And the St Ives boys had to revert to their usual tactics!! Well they finished with 9 men! says it all.

They have a few very good footballers but likewise some who should just give up putting on a shirt every saturday afternoon! they are complete nutters!! they are a disgrace to the game and the ref didn't play any stoppage time at all as he bottled it, because he took so much verbal abuse he wanted to go home!

We may not have the best ground in the league but can anyone tell me who enjoys going to St Ives and play against them on that pitch??? I may moan and groan but i wished the building development near the ground continued further in. :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton:

kempy what did they get sent off for :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Guest Chris

they adopted a tactic involving trying to injure John Blundell. Two synical tackles earned their centre back the first red card, but the second tackle injured john who was subsequently substituted. the other player got sent off for stamping... but he had already shouted abuse at linesman ref and spat on two or three of our players.

We may not have the best ground in the league but can anyone tell me who enjoys going to St Ives and play against them on that pitch??? I may moan and groan but i wished the building development near the ground continued further in. :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton:

The rabbits enjoy it down there!!!

Of course Perranwell win a Fair Play trophy all the time for the way they play the game!!

Come on Kempy!? Saltings is not a place one would play attractive, flowing footie, as you quite rightly point out neither is Perranwell. Perranwell have some good players but also those who revert to the "ugly" side of the game.... you said that in a round-a-bout of St Ives!!? Having been on the end of a few Perranwell "tackles" maybe Perranwell are just better at making sure the Ref does not see it!!

I have also seen refs bottle it down at perranwell!!! Abuse like the Saltings!

As someone who enjoys the physical element of our good game I can only say, If you are willing to dish it out, don't cry when you get it back!

Not intended as a dig at Perranwell, just an observation on your post.

Good luck Perran on your season run in