Cornwall Football Forum

Cracking game at Mount Wise (Newquay 2 - Helston 2).

The first half was even and there weren't many chances, Dom Pullen was fairly quiet and would have hoped to have added to his 50 plus goals this season from six yards, unfortunately the ball got lost somewhere in Mayfield.

Newquay went one up late in the first half after Luke Whelden drifted out wide, he picked out Scott Palmer with a great ball and Scott hammered the ball first time into the top corner past the helpless Barry in nets. That's got to be one of his best goals this season.

Helston got back into the game early in the second half after Newquay had lost possession, a misunderstanding at the back led to a tame shot being spilled and Dom Pullen managed to squeeze the ball home from the edge of the six yard box. His celebration was a little odd though, clearly scoring at Mount Wise against Newquay was high on the agenda!

With twenty minutes left Scott Palmer added another superb goal to his tally this season (must be moving on for 20 in about a dozen games, not bad for a goalie!) curling home a free-kick from 25 yards. I understand that Barry is usually a very good keeper, I think he must have had an off day today as not a lot went his way. Dom didn't look best pleased about being substituted either.

In the last 20 minutes some fairly desperate football was played, both teams had good opportunties to add to the scoreline and both sides hit the post. Somehow Helston managed to equalise in the 94th minute of the game, Steve Hawke slid the ball past the keeper to make it 2-2. The Helston celebrations would have been more at home in a FA cup final, so it goes to show that Newquay have progressed well in recent times.

I genuinely thought that we were going to help CTB with his prediction league standing, we were all very disappointed with the result as we felt that Helston weren't playing to their usual high standard. I guess Perranwell will be a little disappointed that they missed the chance to leapfrog Helston into second place, sounds like carnage at St Ives!

Winno was his usual self, a very sporting and decent bloke. Winno, would you have saved Scott's double?!Best of luck to Helston for the last few weeks of the season...

HP watch - full of chat as ever, not that easy to understand though! I'm very surprised to see that he hasn't appeared with his version of events, I will be very interested to hear his opinion of the game. I hope it's not a case of 'post when you're winning' as (if I recall) he kindly pointed out to Truro fans! I am sure the word 'justice' may appear on the odd occasion, all I can say is that I honestly thought we'd hold out for a very good three points.

Guest Helston Patriot

Sorry late posting, just finshed off my KFC and icing my bruised shin!

Scotts goals were class, both of them!

Don't forget about steve hawkes 40 yard dribble which ended with him heading straight at the keeper from 5 yards, and Justins free kick tipped past top corner.

Thought you summed up the game very well, and no we weren't at are best at all today but no disrespect to newquay at all, Complete turn around from when we played you at start of season, Very well organised, great movement and great team spirt! Best of luck for the rest of the season. :thumbsup: What you reckon about the man in black?!?

yes £10k man Stamp played and scored 5 ........but did very little else except fall over everytime he was touched .......obviously something taught at a higher level !!!

Seems he is not a favourite of Webby ????

Others were shared around the team again .

One more win will take the title .........so come along to St. Day on Thursday night :P:P :P

HP, you are right, I did forget that dribble, it was awesome. It was very much like Theo, thankfully without the outcome! Justin hits a mean free kick, but when the 7ft dude in goal jumps with his arms outstretched, it always makes you wonder.

I also forgot about Scott's run and shot that Barry saved with his leg, something in between can-can and russian dancing would best describe it. Scott also made a decent run in the second half and Barry managed to grab the ball at the second attempt.

I think I was in a good position to sum the game up, sat about two yards away from the pitch in a tracksuit! It's not much fun but it helps you see things a little more objectively... and Newquay have definitely moved on in recent times.

As for the Ref, nice bloke, I thought he played too much time at the end, but that will come as no surprise to you!! I also thought that he may have spotted the volley that took my head off and went out for a goal kick. He wasn't too fussy and let the game flow, it wasn't a hard game for him as both teams were well disciplined - I'll go for 7/10, the extra three lost for playing the kind of time added on that is only seen at the theatre of 100 minute matches! (I'm sure Jollyman will have something to say about that)

Guest Helston Patriot

Our lino timed 6 minutes extra!!! When asked what for it was for, Was told injuries(?) and The Giant goalkeepers preparation time for his goal kicks. Never thought it was 6 minutes, but not complaining as we managed to equalise from it.

Best of luck for the season (whats left of it!!) :c: :thumbsup:

Guest WINNO

VERY WELL PLAYED NEWQUAY. APART FROM TRURO I WILL SAY YOU ARE THE BEST SIDE WE HAVE PLAYED THIS SEASON AND SCOTTIE PALMER COULD MAKE SOME MONEY PLAYING UP FRONT I WILL TELL YOU. GREAT GAME I THOUGHT WELL DONE NEWQUAY SEE YOU SOON. HOPE TO SEE JOLLY MAN SOON.

REGARDS

WINNO

It did seem like a very long time. It just seemed odd that when you guys had a corner and nothing came of it, I asked the ref how long. 1 minute. I'm sure the goal was scored about three minutes later.

Three substitues would have meant 90 seconds, so four and a half minutes were added for injuries (of which I don't actually recall one), goalkeepers always get the blame! Somebody once told me that a keeper has a minute to gather the ball and get it back into play, can anyone clarify this? Regardless, it's history now.

Thanks for the very kind comments Winno, now that Truro appear to be moving on, it should hopefully mean a finish at least one place higher in the table next season! It would be great to keep Scott if he isn't able to return to his usual goalkeeping duties for the time being... and I can imagine that there may be a few clubs interested in signing a striker/keeper, as I can't recall many of those, although I do remember seeing Pepe Reina play outfield in a pre-season tournament in Switzerland, he was rubbish!

St Agnes 6-1 Penzance Reserves

Both teams went into this match desperate for a win. St Agnes to halt a run of 4 defeats and Penzance to avoid finishing bottom of the table. Due to call-ups from the 1st team Penzance's squad only had 3 regular players, 3 regular substitutes, 1 irregular substitute, and 5 lads from Foxhole out for a days drive in it. It was totally makeshift.

The game is only a couple of minutes old when St Agnes break through the middle of the box. A St Agnes forward on the 6yd line tries to chip Damien Norman, in goal for Penzance. Damien promptly sits down but still palms the ball away!

Penzance had another warning on 6mins when St Agnes once again break through the centre only to volley the ball onto the bar.

Then against the run of play Penzance get the opening score on 8mins. They break down their left cross to the edge of the box where leading goalscorer Sam Long puts one past the keeper. 1-0 to Penzance and is a shock on the cards?

Another Penzance attack sees a fierce shot by Marcus Smith rebound off a defender to the keeper.

Sam Long gets booked for dissent on 14mins, followed a minute later by a St Agnes player for the same offence.

On 16mins St Agnes are level through Tom Benny. The work the ball down their left, cross and Benny volleys into the right hand side of the net. 1-1.

Then a minute later Norman has to be at his best to save twice in a few seconds to stop St Agnes increasing their lead. St Agnes attack down their right, get the ball across to volley in at the back post but Norman make a leaping one-handed save to palm the ball out only for it to come back in again but he gets down quick to palm it around the bottom of his right-hand post.

On 22mins Penzance have a chance to go in front again when they are awarded a free kick 10yds from the St Agnes goal as they are adjudged to have made a back-pass. The resulting kick is volleyed wide by Marcus Smith. St Agnes race up the field cross the ball into the box but a free header is knocked wide.

Then on 26mins St Agnes take the lead. Justin Andrew runs onto a through ball and plants into the net. Simple goal 2-1 to St Agnes.

Then on 34mins St Agnes have a goal disallowed for off-side. By now they have pushed Penzance back for the last 15mins and are rewarded in the 42min. St Agnes once again attack down the right, cross into the box and a rising volley from Dan O’Toole beats the keeper to make it 3-1

Penzance manage to get in a long-range free kick just before half-time but it goes wide.

H-T

St Agnes attack from the off and on 49mins they go 4-1 up. They race upfield after breaking up a Penzance attack. Tom Benny races into the box from the left to close to the goaline and beats the keeper with a cross goal shot.

Penzance make a substitution on 51mins.

On 61mins St Agnes are awarded a penalty for pulling in the area. Justin Andrew takes it but fires it well wide of the left-hand post. St Agnes bring on 2 subs

Then a minute later Andrew makes up for his penalty miss by netting St Agnes’s 5th goal. The ball is worked across the edge of the Penzance box until it reaches Andrew who fires home a 20yder along the ground into the left hand side of the net. 5-1 to St Agnes after 62mins.

The game becomes more end to end with both sides going close but the game is just petering out when in 90+2 St Agnes get their 6th. And I never saw it, busy writing!!!

St Agnes starting line-up Ross Brookes, Matt Eddy, Matt Baxter, Neil Gapp, Lee Jeffries, Dan O’Toole, Lee Gillett, Lee Hazeldine, Richard Kellow, Justin Andrew, Tom Benny

Penzance from Damien Norman, Ian Smith, Jack Eckley, Sam Long, Charlie Pearce, Dodger Long, Marcus Smith, Gerad Allen, Chris Allen, Daniel Allen, Jason Hancock, Daniel Borne

Corner count St Agnes 4-2 Penzance (2-2 1st half)

Crowd count 31

Guest Woodpecker

Well done pz reserves team,sound's like another great performance,I hope the players got their weekly petrol money or did they get the team bus!St.Agnes is so far away,hope smithy is ok walking home again!

Shut up you effing ****.

Sorry other poster especially ladies but I am pissed off with this *****. Can't say a good thing about anyone or thing.

You lot didn't do so well today beaten 5-0 at home by Millbrook. Did you play today Green Grass as you are one and the same person.

Funny how Green Grass vanishes off this forum for weeks then when you claim your details are stolen he appears defending you - WHEN YOU GO OFF-LINE. Then when he goes off-line you re-appear.

Shut up you effing ****.

Sorry other poster especially ladies but I am pissed off with this *****. Can't say a good thing about anyone or thing.

You lot dodn't do so well today beaten 5-0 at home by Millbrook.

No need to say sorry i'm sure there's a few other regular posters on this forum fed up of him too.

Guest Woodpecker

What r you going on about ctb,you really need to get out more?you watch to much Midsomer Murders or lewis during the day!Why do you always say sorry to ladies on this forum.this is a cornish football(men) forum!Do you use this forum as a late night chat up forum ;) ;)

!Why do you always say sorry to ladies on this forum.this is a cornish football(men) forum!Do you use this forum as a late night chat up forum ;);)

So only MEN can play football in Cornwall, only MEN can use this forum, only MEN can have an opinion. CTB said sorry to the ladies coz his a gentleman unlike some of the members of this forum. If this was a MANS only forum then why let women join??? Woodpecker, you talk out of your arse about alot of s**t and i think its time you learnt to shut up and get some respect for other users on this forum. :angry2:

Truro res 10-0 Hayle res

20 minutes before the first goal went in then we opened the flood gates, gave the ball away to easily and heads went down to quick. Truro kicked into gear and gave us a lesson in football, good to watch if its not your team loosing, well done Truro worthy champions when it comes. :(:(:( :(

Guest Ronin

this is a cornish football(men) forum!

When I joined this forum I was asked to accept the forum's terms & conditions and nowhere in there did it say that this is a men only forum. If I have mistakenly joined a male-only forum can the moderators please let me know as I will leave immediately and close the door behind me.

st darren-due to loss of 1st team players pz reserves have been struggling last few weeks to field a side,they could easily of tried calling off this match but as it was their final game decided to go ahead.thanks to foxhole fc who helped out by supplying some players the match went ahead and everyone was hopefully happy.on an even happier note 6 young players have come thru into 1st team in recent weeks and taken their chances and performed really well culminating in a good win at vospers yesterday,which is what reserve teams should be all about {sorry-weeman}.hopefully with mewtons stars and bullocks babes good times ahead for penzance

Perranporth 1-1 Illogan

Not a great 1st half well from our perspective, just couldn't get going missed an open goal and gave a pen away.

2nd half different story slight formation tweak and it was 1 way traffic, after 25 mins or so their clown of a left back got himself sent off for a 2nd yellow.

We then had a dissallowed goal after a ball over from rob bray for me to finish, i was at least 5 yards on side when the ball was played. (apart from that thought Anita had great game)

We did manage to get an equalizer and should have gone on to win it late on with a couple more chances as well.

Ref had a poor game but some of the abuse from the Perranporth crowd was shocking don't think even Anita as a fellow official could agree with the way they spoke and he didnt even come in the club after cause he said he was threatened.

Ref had a poor game but some of the abuse from the Perranporth crowd was shocking don't think even Anita as a fellow official could agree with the way they spoke and he didnt even come in the club after cause he said he was threatened.

I didn't agree and did say so after the game. Some people need to learn when the games over shake hands and shut up. The refs there to enjoy the game as well. :drink:

Guest Ronin

If the ref had come to the club or spoken to one of the several committee members who were there (including me) he would have received an apology for the comments that were made. Unfortunately we cannot force our spectators to be quiet although he was asked several times by Kappa to calm it down. However, when our player gets sent off for girlie-pushing another player but your guy gets to stay on for headbutting one of ours it does raise a few emotions amongst the spectators & a few choice comments are bound to be made (not that I condone what he said). The ref was most welcome in the clubhouse after the game as there was a :drink: waiting for him at the bar.

Everyone gets frustrated and annoyed players and spectators but there has to be a line and they over stepped over it, mind you the adopted comment did make me laugh.

I was the one on the end of that girlie pushing as well and my chest still hurts now ha ha, the 1st yellow he recieved was a mystery to me let alone the 2nd so he was unfortunate. As for our player trying to headbutt someone?? Really?? Cant agree there im affraid.

All the best for the rest of the season Perranporth and lets hope we dont have to play each other 4 times again next season.

Guest Ronin

All the best for the rest of the season Perranporth and lets hope we dont have to play each other 4 times again next season.

With the number of games we'v had against you and Penzance this season it would be nice to have a change Gee!!! Good luck to you for the rest of your games too :thumbsup:

the 1st yellow he recieved was a mystery to me let alone the 2nd so he was unfortunate. As for our player trying to headbutt someone?? Really?? Cant agree there im affraid.

1st yellow was for presistently infringing the laws of the game i think the 2nd was too. And your player did try (intent i think they call it) to head butt a Perran player, which the Perran player got a yellow for :wacko: