Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 19/04/08

Guest Postie Pidge

Today's match fixtured Goonhavern vs Robartes will be played at Illogan Park due to Perranporth Cricket Club.

Goonhavern 3 - 6 Robartes (H/T 2-3)

Referee: Trevor Lawrence (Falmouth)

One of those games....a clearance against my own player led to a goal, another attempted clearance cost another, a free kick squirming under my body led to another and a shot slipping through my hands onto the post. Luckily our strikers (and Ralphy!) were on form

Guest titan1

TMS RES 1 - 2 TITANS

TODAY WAS A VERY CLOSE GAME WITH THE TITANS CONCEDING A EARLY FIRST HALF GOAL, BUT WE DID NOT GIVE UP AND PLAYED FOOTBALL FOR 90 MIN AND GOT THREE LATE GOALS WITH THE REF DISSALOWING 1 AFTER HE AWARDED IT THEN TMS HAD A PLAYER SENT OFF AND THE TITANS FINISHED THE GAME OFF WITH 2 QUALITY GOALS 1ST GOAL BY MATT EDDY AND THE SECOND BY A. JAMES (LOFTY).

END OF THE GAME THE BEST TEAM WON. THANKS TO TMS FOR THERE AFTER GAME HOSPITALITY AND ALL THE BEST FOR THERE REMAINING GAMES :drink:

Illogan 3rds 3 - CSM 2 (match abandoned 5 mins to go)

This game was played in a very hard but in the majority of cases fair style! i really admire refs have the upmost respect and it goes down to the same old thing we couldn't do with out them, BUT this ref was never going to do this match any way and with the game being abandoned might aswell not played! we all enjoy playing on a Sat or we wouldn’t do it. Both sides were at best very unimpressed with the ref! He was a young lad same as myself, which i first thought good on him looked the part very smart and professional but that’s where the compliments end! He gave no reasons for the decisions and when he di the response was well that’s what i got taught so I’m going to do that, fair enough but when you have team members from both sides swearing at the ref surely he was taught straight red? In some ways i did feel sorry for him as he was not ready for the game and yea it was a bit hot tempered but he did ruin the game! 2 players were sent off for really what’s was no more then very petty handbags! then 20 minutes later punches 2 footed tackles swearing at officials lunges from behind all went unnoticed when questioned well I couldn’t have seen it was the response! we all love a strong challenging game officiated in the correct manor! then the final straw a bad challenge from behind resulting in a grab around the throat game off no talking to the players or reds which were in that case deserved just walked off down the field. I really dont want to moan or rant on but this in all the players minds was a game spoiled by poor decisions! Again i will say that i have the up most respect for refs and i wouldn't do their job.

Well all in all a good season all our games are over looking forward 2 watching a few!

Dont mean to rant but it did spoil a good game!

Illogan 3rds 3 - CSM 2 (match abandoned 5 mins to go)

In some ways i did feel sorry for him as he was not ready for the game and yea it was a bit hot tempered but he did ruin the game! 2 players were sent off for really what’s was no more then very petty handbags! then 20 minutes later punches 2 footed tackles swearing at officials lunges from behind all went unnoticed when questioned well I couldn’t have seen it was the response! we all love a strong challenging game officiated in the correct manor! then the final straw a bad challenge from behind resulting in a grab around the throat game off no talking to the players or reds which were in that case deserved just walked off down the field.

Dont mean to rant but it did spoil a good game!

Geco, u admit punches thrown, 2 footed tackles, lunges from behind and swearing were all taking place but think the ref 'spoilt the game'!

You Sure??

Yea i admit that but i personally think another official would never have let it get that far at all both sets of players pushing the ref as far as he would go and it seemed that were no barriers until the game was called off! I'm one for consistancy if your going to be strict very good, if your going to let the game flow please do but i jus feel that it really was a poor show by the ref! If you were there i think u could get a better picture im not the best at describing the situation! both sets of players were questioning decisions and geting no answer! Maybe the pressure got to him i wouldnt have wanted to be in his boots! It was a hard game for him to do but on the other hand he should have assed the situation better then he did!

Guest mikethfc

I am a CSM player but wasnt at the game today, and when I heard about today's game I was shocked. The referee is quite clearly what ruined this match as I have now heard that from one of our lads and from the other side now. I know my side well enough to know that we are not that sort of team and, judging from what I remember from the last time we played each other, neither are theirs. Refs can spoil a game by trying to be the centre of attention and making it all about them. Anyone from New Park Rangers will remember the total prat we had ref our game at our place!

I, like the guy who wrote the original report, have a lot of respect for refs and as you say we couldnt be without them (as we found out so many times earlier this season!). They do a difficult job but they are still doing a job. a job that has to be done correctly!! If dodgy tackles are going in it's up to the ref to protect the players and give cards where apropriate whilst using some common sense and understanding the passion of a game of football.

what happens now anyway? does the result stay the same? any consequences to the teams?

Guest mezza-tms

TMS RES 1 - 2 TITANS

TODAY WAS A VERY CLOSE GAME WITH THE TITANS CONCEDING A EARLY FIRST HALF GOAL, BUT WE DID NOT GIVE UP AND PLAYED FOOTBALL FOR 90 MIN AND GOT THREE LATE GOALS WITH THE REF DISSALOWING 1 AFTER HE AWARDED IT THEN TMS HAD A PLAYER SENT OFF AND THE TITANS FINISHED THE GAME OFF WITH 2 QUALITY GOALS 1ST GOAL BY MATT EDDY AND THE SECOND BY A. JAMES (LOFTY).

END OF THE GAME THE BEST TEAM WON. THANKS TO TMS FOR THERE AFTER GAME HOSPITALITY AND ALL THE BEST FOR THERE REMAINING GAMES :drink:

although we lost the game and didnt play decent football 2day the better team won

pleasure for the after game hospitality any time

all the best for the rest of the season

yeah gettin quite tense we(st ives) got two games left against portreath and storm cant get much harder than that lol

Danny even with us winning today we still need at least a win and a draw probably to catch you guys and with Portreath and Trevenson to play it wont be easy

Holmans remaining fixtures are:

St Just

Trevenson

Portreath

Spice

It's going to be interesting I think!!!

Guest Luffy

I must congratulate Titans on their victory yesterday. The Stones did not get started and it was just one of those games when it seemed that the players just thought they could go through the motions. The referee struggled at times but as he is a young lad he will eventually get the experience to become a decent ref.

Titans seemed to have the bit between their teeth yesterday and we did not. If we had played our natural game then the result may have been different but we never got into our stride.

As we have such a young side this will be a good learning curve for them. It shows that if you are not on your game then you can be turned over.

The game itself was played in a good spirit and although there was one or two hard tackles there was never any malicious tackles in the game. The player from TMS was sent of for dissent, once again a young player who I will hope will learn from this and understand that if you go for this kind of offence it lets your fellow team mates down. The score was one nil to the Stones when the sending off took place, however, as the manager of the home side I think we were fortunate to be ahead at this point, saying that we did pick up after the break and seemed to have things under control.

Whatever happens for the rest of the season, I have to say well done to the young lads from TMS for getting promotion, unfortunately the title maybe just out of our reach, however, you never know we may still stand a chance although it is not in our hands at the moment.

All the best to the Titans for their remaining games ( or is it game) a great first season.

Guest titan1

thankyou for your kind words luffy we only have one game left and that is next week against wendron 5ths at home, then that is our 1st season over with what ever the out come we have had a great first season, and i would like to thank every team in mining 3 for making us feel welcome in the league. and good luck to the rest of the teams in there quest for promotion its going to be close. :c:

I am a CSM player but wasnt at the game today, and when I heard about today's game I was shocked. The referee is quite clearly what ruined this match as I have now heard that from one of our lads and from the other side now. I know my side well enough to know that we are not that sort of team and, judging from what I remember from the last time we played each other, neither are theirs. Refs can spoil a game by trying to be the centre of attention and making it all about them.

Anyone from New Park will remember the total prat we had ref our game at our place!

You were'nt at the game so how can your opinion be credible?? As the Illogan player said himself all sorts of offences were taking place during the match, yet everyone is blaming the official! I'm sure he did his best, I think its very unfair you've taken this opportunity to blast yesterdays ref, another ref from your game against New Park and refs in general! We value your feedback :SM_carton:

TMS RES 1 - 2 TITANS

you lot desereved the win played good football.having played you twice i cannot see how you are not up there with us and chasewater but again well played totaly deserved

Who was the Threemilestone Reserves player sent off against Titans yesterday?

God I hope it wasn't TMS No9, I could do without him getting a big fine from the CCFA, he still owes me cash, the little rascal!

haha nope not me this time

I hope TMS haven't thrown away their league title chances for both teams. Not that I do not wish Porteath or Chacewater to win but only to keep the results "honest". Too many seasons end early with teams rolling over and giving 3 points away.

Good luck to all, at the top and at the bottom!

Too True General, I had my kit packed & had just finished my pre-match meal of egg on toast when I was informed ST Just couldn't raise a side & the game was off. The :drink: would have tasted sweeter having played & won(though not guaranteed but we'll never know) & then finding out TMS's result. But this sort of thing happens every season.

mining 1

halsetown 0-3 storm/praze.

goalscorers : j.d. and solly(2)

our ref had a good game, even though he did over rule me when i flagged for a goal for halsetown!!!!!!!

It was never a goal you bloody cheat! Ha. Only joking Jules I was stood on the line and the ball was clearly over. Not that this would have changed the final result..... we managed to play some great football on a difficult pitch. Great impact from Solly, coming on at half time and scoring 2 (one was a fluke though!).

Good result for Holmans! Well done guys.

Guest mikethfc

You were'nt at the game so how can your opinion be credible?? As the Illogan player said himself all sorts of offences were taking place during the match, yet everyone is blaming the official! I'm sure he did his best, I think its very unfair you've taken this opportunity to blast yesterdays ref, another ref from your game against New Park and refs in general! We value your feedback :SM_carton: