Cornwall Football Forum

Heaney gone???

Guest Chris B

Guest Woodpecker

Do you have a new ball in every match,like in cricket!You and hp gob off more on this forum!You write more on this forum than jk rowlings writes in ALL her harry potter books!For example-hp writes long rubbish storys yesterday and everyday about truro city.I think Yetton must have magic powers because hp said he was not playing for truro anymore,but yetton scored yesterday and today,he must of been having long shots from his home in plymouth,and scoring in bristol!Best goals ever!

It makes sense, of course, to remember that Mr. Heaney is a businessman first and won't go throwing money down a sinkhole, but if one's only aim were to make money, why pick a football* team? There have got to be better ways of seeing return on investment than the always-chancey sports world.

What I'm suggesting is that isn't it possible the man actually likes owning a football* club and wants to keep at it, so he's reining in his short-term investment for the sake of the long term?

(*normally, this would read "soccer" but after I was shouted down for liking "soccer" in another thread, I promised to be more sensitive to local feeling :c: )

Xembla, 'soccer' is a derivation of the word Association. As soccer began with the Football Association, 'soccer' is acceptable. I suspect one or two here had no idea of its origins. Your use of the word is completely in context.

As for Mr Heaney, he is a businessman and sensed an opportunity to do business.

Guest WINNO

Do you have a new ball in every match,like in cricket!You and hp gob off more on this forum!You write more on this forum than jk rowlings writes in ALL her harry potter books!For example-hp writes long rubbish storys yesterday and everyday about truro city.I think Yetton must have magic powers because hp said he was not playing for truro anymore,but yetton scored yesterday and today,he must of been having long shots from his home in plymouth,and scoring in bristol!Best goals ever!

so you watch truro and not your beloved penzance.

I don't gob off on here I add statements and sensible comments in replies to all sorts of topics. Eveything you say on here is of the derogitory nature. not just to myself or Helston afc. But the rest of the footballing world. The great game does not need people like yourself you make a laughing stock out of ths website......

'soccer' is a derivation of the word Association. As soccer began with the Football Association, 'soccer' is acceptable. I suspect one or two here had no idea of its origins. Your use of the word is completely in context.

Oh, I know, Pablo -- I was just have a poke at the "football" purists! :P

And by the way I heard from someone very close to the Club, who hardly ever lies and with no axe to grind, that an official to be named later is actually a cannibal who drinks blood from a special tap in the clubhouse during matches. Watch this space. :drink:

Guest Peppermint

Very good Xembla - and I was thinking Americans have no sense of humour! Then I thought hang on a minute they elected Bush as President - so they must have a sense of humour.

Having just read Mr.Heaneys long and detailed statement on the TCFC Website I ask myself Why was this Post started in the first place....???

Helston Patriot has stated that he does not make things up - so the conclusion is that his "very good source" has tried to make him look a complete and utter prat.

He has succeeded..!!

Quote from Mr.Heaney.AS USUAL MOST OF THE SCARE MONGERING IS DESSEMATED BY

THOSE WHO SIMPLY CANNOT WAIT FOR TRURO TO FAIL.

So HP tell your source that unless he has anything factual to say to keep his rumours to himself,

because he is making you look nearly a big a prat that he is.

Truro City are far from finished,so get used to the Tigers bandwaggon rolling on.

Guest Helston Patriot

I have also read the statement, and i must say it all sounds promising! My posts were only things i have been told and by no means my own thoughts as i stressed in the original posts. In my first post i was only asking if anyone else had heard the same?! Which a few people claimed they had. I am by no means a Truro hater with an axe to grind, on the contrary some of my friends play at Truro. I am not going rise to certain comments and wish Truro FC AGAIN all the best with thier climb up the football Ladder :c::drink::thumbsup::)

Just had a message from a VERY good source that Mr Heaney is completely pulling the plug on Truro City FC. Can any one confirm this please?

I must add, The above is just what i have been told wouldn't just make serious things llike this up.

There is no question how brilliantly well Truro FC have done and i honestly hope everything gets sorted for the club! :c: I by no means what to see Truro "fall" as it would be a great shame for all involved!

I was doing my Dom impression :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Uncle Albert

I've heard the same about Cornish Homes this afternoon. If what I have heard is true, Truro City's financial future will be in doubt.

Once again we hear the Anti Truro City rumours.

If Heaney is going because his buisness is falling apart.

Why on earth would a new manager,of Shaun McCarthy status

be anounced.

He would not have taken the job,if Heaney was going.

So why dont you Anti Truro City lot just stop spreading garbage

and lies.

Just give us some truthful facts.

Heaney is not leaving.

Shaun McCarthy is the new manager.

Truro will be challenging for the Southern Lge Div 1 title next season.

I personally like the rumours (not just about Truro), it gives you something to talk about at half time, or when you meet someone else from this site. Without rumours there would be no posts on this site accept for match results. Keep the rumours coming :D:thumbsup: :smiley20:

I have looked on the Cornish Homes web site and it would appear that the development of the Treyew Road site comes under HEANEY COMMERCIAL and it still says on the site

Truro City FC

Future Development

Heaney Commercial will be playing a crucial role in the redevelopment of Truro City FC’s ground and in the creation of a 16,000-seater state-of-the-art stadium for the club at a different site.

But don’t believe everything you read in the newspapers! We will not be building a stadium in place of the club’s current ground at Treyew Road.

We hope to replace the football ground with a hotel and offices, but only once the stadium has been built elsewhere and Truro City FC are ready to move into it.

The new stadium and sports academy has already attracted international attention, and we’re exploring the possibilities of building it at Threemilestone.

Kevin Heaney, managing director of our parent company Cornish Homes, is also chairman of Truro City FC, so there is no danger whatever of our football club becoming homeless. “As chairman of Truro City FC as well as a property developer, there’s no way I’d allow anything to happen that wasn’t in the best interests of the club we all love and follow,” he said.

“Truro City FC will never be homeless. We will not be building a stadium in place of the current ground at Treyew Road. And the stadium we will build for our team will be better than anything fans have ever seen before in Cornwall.

“These are exciting times for Truro City FC, and I will unveil plans for the new stadium as soon as we are able.”

What are the latest developments?

As far as we know the club has a new manager, the second team will be in the SWPL (West) and the ladies team will be called Truro City Ladies. So why all the fuss?

Guest Tavybey

I have looked on the Cornish Homes web site and it would appear that the development of the Treyew Road site comes under HEANEY COMMERCIAL and it still says on the site

Truro City FC

Future Development

Heaney Commercial will be playing a crucial role in the redevelopment of Truro City FC’s ground and in the creation of a 16,000-seater state-of-the-art stadium for the club at a different site.

But don’t believe everything you read in the newspapers! We will not be building a stadium in place of the club’s current ground at Treyew Road.

We hope to replace the football ground with a hotel and offices, but only once the stadium has been built elsewhere and Truro City FC are ready to move into it.

The new stadium and sports academy has already attracted international attention, and we’re exploring the possibilities of building it at Threemilestone.

Kevin Heaney, managing director of our parent company Cornish Homes, is also chairman of Truro City FC, so there is no danger whatever of our football club becoming homeless. “As chairman of Truro City FC as well as a property developer, there’s no way I’d allow anything to happen that wasn’t in the best interests of the club we all love and follow,” he said.

“Truro City FC will never be homeless. We will not be building a stadium in place of the current ground at Treyew Road. And the stadium we will build for our team will be better than anything fans have ever seen before in Cornwall.

“These are exciting times for Truro City FC, and I will unveil plans for the new stadium as soon as we are able.”

What are the latest developments?

As far as we know the club has a new manager, the second team will be in the SWPL (West) and the ladies team will be called Truro City Ladies. So why all the fuss?

The "fuss" has happened because rumours about the financial state of health of Cornish Homes started circulating fairly rapidly at the end of last week. They may be unfounded rumours, but they were out there.

Once again we hear the Anti Truro City rumours.

If Heaney is going because his buisness is falling apart.

Why on earth would a new manager,of Shaun McCarthy status

be anounced.

He would not have taken the job,if Heaney was going.

So why dont you Anti Truro City lot just stop spreading garbage

and lies.

Just give us some truthful facts.

Heaney is not leaving.

Shaun McCarthy is the new manager.

Truro will be challenging for the Southern Lge Div 1 title next season.

I don't think Truro will be challenging for the title next season. They should be but will probably not be !!

Snake,can you elaborate a little more.

Can you state reasons for your prediction that Truro

will not challenge for promotion.

Do you know that,despite promotion places up for grabs,

there is also play-offs to contend with.

So are you saying Truro wont even make the play-offs.

If so.I wont mind having a little wager with you.