Cornwall Football Forum

rob lythe

Guest postman pat

Guest postman pat

was at treliske hospital today and saw rob in the reception.for those of you who dont know rob he was the manager of troon 1st team until recently and was knocked over by a car on sunday near carnkie and lost part of his right leg. get well soon mate :drink:

rob and i coached a youth team at powerstation and then troon for a number of years :D he is one of lifes good guys.hope things turn out okay for you mate :)

That's shocking news. I don't know the guy but would surely have met him as I've played Troon MANY times in the past. It's always the good guys that end up suffering, life is such a bastard at times.

Best wishes to Rob and I hope he recovers to the maximum amount possible and retains a positive outlook in the future.

I hope this is not an out of order question but was it driver error that caused the knock down or was it just an extremely unfortunate accident?.

I hope this is not an out of order question but was it driver error that caused the knock down or was it just an extremely unfortunate accident?.

In my opinion it was an unfortunate accident Coopsie, I witnessed the accident while travelling home on Sunday but I did'nt have a clue it was Rob!! In brief, I came back to the collision point after hearing a loud noise, to find a body in the road! The driver of the car that was involved in the accident came back and called for an ambulance, but it was'nt initially clear that Rob had anything other than a head injury.

I wish Rob all the best in his recovery

coopsie if u dont know him by face he was probably one of the players running rings around or kicking lumps out of u!!

oops nearly forgot!! doesnt everyone do that to u!! as thats the case u wouldnt have a clue who anyone was u played against unless they tell u their name first!!!

in all seriousness i hope he gets as well as he can with the injuries sustained and maybe gets back into football in some way as being involved in a team in someway orother can be a great healer!!

P.S we love u really coopsie!!