Cornwall Football Forum

We at New park rangers are very upset to find out that for over a year [*EDIT BY ADMIN] *a Mining League Club*

have been calling us pikeys on their website . I thought racism was out of football we at New park will not rest until

action has been taken on and off the field . If no action taken against the club we will go to England FA .

James Player/Manger

Guest mariner

Its actually called facism not racism as the latter is to do with your ethnic race ie english or french and so on unless you are irish because thats where the "PIKEY" comes from. Really you would otherwise be called a "GYPO or GYPSY"

Guest mariner

But i know where you are coming from we had a similar case down st keverne involving our four englishafrican players. Totally agree should not have to put up with it

Guest mariner

Nothing because we played them again on sat and sure enough their fans were there it seems that racism is a too big of a fish for the CCFA to handle

racism, fascism it all goes on in sport, when playing teams from plymouth previously i have suffered abuse for being cornish!

if people have to resort to going down those avenues then they really need to get out more!

shows there tru mentality and intelligence levels if thats all they could be bothered to come up with

im afraid we will just have to grin and bear it for now but it shouldnt have to be tolerated

whether u are black or white asian or european gypsy, nomadic or u al go out to play football ro have fun and win, not to get abused!!

You can do any of the above, but my advice would be to just man up about it. Being a loud mouth northerner I take dogs abuse where-ever I play but you take as it meant and that is a wind up and a laugh and give a bit back. So these idiots are calling you Pikeys is it really making that much difference to your life.

Question for everybody

every week I get called a northern this or a northern that or a fat this and a fat that. (which I accept because I am) is that any worse than being called a black this or a black that or a pikey so and so?

I know we are trying to kick racism out of football and I agree whole heartedly but we will soon get to the point where nobody will be able to say anything.

MAN UP or it will get to the point where we can't even slag off the scousers

just be proud of who you are and walk tall! (jesus I have turned into William Blake)

I got told to go back to my own country (england) by a cornishman during a game the other week does that count as being offensive??????

where was that? I hear that all the time when I go down to St Keverne but they also call the rest of the team northerners because they come all the way down from Mawgan.

. we at New park will not rest until action has been taken on and off the field .

James Player/Manger

You need to be careful N P R fella, that could quite easily be construed as a threat and it would be a shame if it was you or your club that ultimately ended up in trouble with the authorities after it's you that has had to endure the indignity of narrowminded fascism from an insignificant few.

shut up you gays i bet there wouldnt be any comments if you were top of the league and winning every week

N P R, Don't get dragged into an online dispute with people who don't have the intellect to respond with anything worthwhile. Leave them to do their homework while they watch Cbeebies.

It's amazing how many people you hear saying about the "fu#@ing pikeys" being a menace etc and then being brave enough to stand upto them via a public forum where there is a certain level of protection via hidden identity etc.

I guarantee that NONE OF YOU would stand upto any of the Gypsy population if you were actually confronted by them. So if the guys from N P R are pikeys and they are being g a y, why don't you go and watch them sometime and let them know exactly how you feel. I'm sure they will take on board what you say and address the situation accordingly or as they feel necessary.

coopsie u legend!! when are we siging on for them??

As soon as they approach us cat mate, I'd gladly help them "talk" to the narrowminded little people with fascist views.

Your are right Coopsie I will talk to men not boys

You'll never need to talk to any of them N P R and you know it mate. You just worry about enjoying your football and look forward to next season.

NPR I think that your concern is genuine and I applaud your efforts to shed light on it. However your first port of call is a letter to the CCFA and then another to the Police.

I hope the offending article is taken offline as soon as possible. Having played your team in many guises over the years, kicked and been kicked by most I have always manged to have a drink and never once felt threatened.

Shame some people do I guess.

NPR I think that your concern is genuine and I applaud your efforts to shed light on it. However your first port of call is a letter to the CCFA and then another to the Police.

I hope the offending article is taken offline as soon as possible. Having played your team in many guises over the years, kicked and been kicked by most I have always manged to have a drink and never once felt threatened.

Shame some people do I guess.

Such a sensible fella that guy "The General". :c:

The team is School of mines but some one took it of the frist report

we are playing them on thursday at home I told ccfa but they told us to play the game

Typical of the CCFA I guess?. Now it is perfectly possible that an "incident" could well occur on thursday night (to be honest, who could blame you) and when it does, you can also pretty much guarantee that it would be you guys that receive any punishment.

N P R, I just hope that the only hammering that is dished out on thursday night happens ON THE PITCH via a favourable scoreline for you and your players. Get that out of the way and then see how many of their MEN hang around to call you pikeys once the game is over and the ref is gone?.

i think people are taking this to seriosly i have been called far worse and offending things then a pikey this season!!but fair play if you belive that it as meant in a racist way then make sure something is done. :glare: .....but i doubt it was meant in a way that was going to offend you so much

Guest Jezza

We at New park rangers are very upset to find out that for over a year [*EDIT BY ADMIN] *a Mining League Club*

have been calling us pikeys on their website . I thought racism was out of football we at New park will not rest until

action has been taken on and off the field.

NPR - I presume you are talking about the comments made in their match report of your 3:3 draw (27/01/07)?

'Gypsy' or 'Pikey', 'New Park Rangers' or 'Castle United' What's in a name? To be fair as a team you've never needed an excuse in the past to spend most of the game trying to kick the crap out of your opponents.

You should contact the Club and make them aware that the comment is offensive, ask for it to be removed and ask that they publish a formal apology on their website. Contact the CCFA to make them aware of the situation as they may wish to take action if the comment is not removed and an apology published. If you still get no joy then as you suggest escalate it further to the FA.

In truth, the last time I played you, (aside from the continual abuse coming from your 'crowd') it's was actually a very good game. Sure it was physical, but the level of actual football has increased significantly at your club and you're now a decent footballing outfit.

As Coopsie has said you need to be very careful now you have highlighted this because if you turn this game into a revenge 'kicking', your club will ultimately end up being the losers.

Remember that the match report was written by an individual and it should not necessarily be associated with the players that turn up on Thursday as they may not even be aware of the comment or have even been involved with the club a year ago.

Let your football do the talking on the pitch and continue to seek a favourable resolution off the pitch......

Hope you end up getting a satisfactory outcome.

Note: Views expressed on this forum are my own and in no way are representative of that of Threemilestone AFC.

Guest mikethfc

I play for School of Mines although unfortunately i'm not going to be there on Thursday.

That report was from last year and firstly i'll apologise to you on behalf of CSM. The lad who wrote was from the team last year by the way, he's not with us anymore.

however, on the two occasions we played you last year I was kicked all over the place and called stuff like 'cockney ****', '**** off back to london or i'll break you're jaw' etc etc. you have to expect this kind of stuff playing football and not get offended by it.

I play for School of Mines although unfortunately i'm not going to be there on Thursday.

That report was from last year and firstly i'll apologise to you on behalf of CSM. The lad who wrote was from the team last year by the way, he's not with us anymore.

however, on the two occasions we played you last year I was kicked all over the place and called stuff like 'cockney ****', '**** off back to london or i'll break you're jaw' etc etc. you have to expect this kind of stuff playing football and not get offended by it.

from what iv heard npr seem to give alot of s**t but just cant take any back if you ask me calling someone a cockney so an so is worse then calling someone a pikey....as i have said before i have been called a pikey on several occasions this season....just take it on the chin and do what i do score goals :thumbsup: :P

So calling some one cockney is racism dont talk so much shit

so you must think it all right to put racism words on the web

yes npr ant all honey but we do not say racis things .

You must argree with some people that gypsy is lower class and treat us like SHIT and think its

allright

calling someone a pikey is not rasist thats my opinion and in your opinion calling someone a cockey C**T isnt.no i dont think its alright to treat anyone like shit no matter who you are or where you come from

Guest mikethfc

i never said calling someone a cockney **** is racist, neither am i the person who put anything about pikeys on the web.

calling someone a pikey is not racist but still offensive just as calling someone a cockney **** is not racist but still offensive.

in my view i think both are exactly the same, trying to offend someone because of where they are from.