Cornwall Football Forum

can confirm godolphin gain promotion next season

just to confirm we have received this morning the news godolphin atlantic have been promoted regardless of league position next season, our ground has met all the regulations and we have been promoted, there was sticker afc who i have a lot of time for being a previous player and manager of the club and i know how hard they want to progress under glyn and i wish them all the best for the future but for some reason their ground failed to meet reqd regulations so leaving godolphin as the only club left who applyed for promotion. this is fantastic news for a club that every year since i joined have won cups and promotion, but we will strive to go up as champions which i feel is the way it should be, and this shows that with the right people and focus drive determination and a lot of hard work any thing is possible i would like to thank every one in the east cornwall league the very best for the future and our stay was very enjoyable , and winning the east cornwall cup back to back was just fantastic , now its feet on the ground time and one game at a time and try to over come torpoint and ricki who has done a fantastic job up there, and good luck to torpoint and tamerside in the cup on sunday enjoy the day and i hope the winners go on and beat truro city in the evely cup and bring it back up here (someting we failed to do sorry guys)

alan metters coach/godolphin atlantic football club

not sure nanks i know we had to widen and lengthen our field and put new posts all the way around and the dug outs must seat 8 guys they were very strict but fair and watching them measure the field with the magic wheel was good lol but they were great guys and very friendly, i can only comment on our club so not sure , but keith and glyn would know all the answers to your questions

I think everyone in the ECPL will be sad to see you go. Your team has always been a pleasure to watch with your style of play and excellent passing game. Your local derby's with Newquay next season should be interesting though. Good luck.

Alan the facilities at Sticker AFC are not an issue with the league committee who came to view, there were a couple of items that needed to be addressed but nothing that would have taken much time or finance.

They were very complimentary with the set up and if the team were better placed in the league it would have made a difference but good luck to you and Godolphin and lets hope the team are as successful in the SWPL, mind you no more slip ups like last week eh!!

Sticker Committee memeber.

Guest Phil H

Just a small clarification, I used the word "declined" on the statement not "failed". Both Helston and Sticker had good facilities, there were in each case minor jobs to be done which I've written to the 2 clubs to inform them of (I will not list them here). Basically it was obvious that the 2 for this summer were Godolphin and Truro City but that is not to say that in another year we would not welcome either Helston or Sticker or both !

Phil H

Guest Dermot

Well done to all at Godolphin Atlantic FC,all the hard work put in by Derek,Mick,Metters,Muff,Tanya and of course all the players over the last few seasons has paid off. :clapper:

Now that my Son Daniel has finally received a date for his cartilage operation in May,he will hopefully be back fit and well for next season and knocking a few goals in for `The G` ;0) :thumbsup: