Cornwall Football Forum

Truro city res V Penzance res result

Guest Woodpecker

Sorry smithy-you r the 2nd best striker in the combo league,after the great dom pullen from helston!Why don't penzance fc get a mini bus,so they don't have to pay players petrol money.Maybe one of the old brookside or hoppa buses!You could of had a £5 bonus last night,my boots were really dirty!

Truro City Reserves 5-0 Penzance Reserves

This game was played in perfect conditions under the Treyew Road floodlights. Truro went into the match unbeaten this season whilst Penzance were trying to avoid the league’s wooden spoon.

The ref starts the match and the first bit of goalmouth action sees a Truro player fluff a shot on the edge of the box when through the middle.

Penzance try to break but are pulled back a couple of times due to Truro’s off-side trap.

The first clear cut chance falls to Penzance on 10mins when they break down their left. Marcus Smith puts in a pin-point cross to Danny Magee who volleys low but the Truro keeper John Vaughan makes a fine stop at the bottom of his post.

Truro then break down their left but shoot well wide of Craig Nicholls left-hand post. Then on 15mins they get the ball into the area, a couple of shots are blocked and then a 3rd shot is volleyed wide left.

On 20mins Truro take the lead with an own goal from James Street. They work the ball down their left, float the ball over and 2 Penzance defenders on the 6yd line go for it but collide and the ball bounces out an into the net to put Truro 1-0 up.

5mins later they have a chance to double their lead but a poorly taken free kick, 40yds out on their right drops into the Penzance keeper’s arms. Craig also takes another shot a few seconds later as Truro break through the middle.

By now Truro are well on top with Penzance frustrated at being off-side continuously. Penzance almost give Truro another gift goal when a cross from the right is headed on by a Penzance defender but Craig manages to get it away.

On 36mins Truro work the ball across the edge of the box. They shoot but Craig palms it away and the rebound goes over the bar.

Penzance by now were starting to play their own off-side game and were holding the Truro attack. But then in the 44mins instead of going in 1-0 down they gifted Truro a 2nd goal. Truro break down their right, work into the box and the player is up-ended. The ref blows for a penalty but a melee ensues as Liam Devine studs the player who is on the ground. After breaking it up the ref issues a red card to Devine.

Truro’s Chris Reski steps up and slots the ball to the left with Craig’s diving right. The ref blows for half-time with the score 2-0 to Truro, which was fair on the balance of play, but both goals were Penzance giveaways.

Penzance starting the 2nd half a man short, have a makeshift back line and Truro soon find the weak link and spend the rest of the half exploiting it.

Penzance have first crack at scoring in the half as Paul Cox works his way into the box, beats 2 players but his volley goes straight into the keepers arms.

On 52mins Truro go 3-0 up. They attack down the left to the goal line. A cross goal ball from John Ludlam gives Sammy Matthews a simple tap-in from 3yds.

Truro then break again and only a one-handed fingertip save by Craig from a chip prevents the ball going in. The rebound is volleyed in but is blocked and cleared.

One the hour Truro take their goal tally to 4. A cross ball from mid-field sees Danny Richardson run into the box from their right and put in a low volley past the advancing keeper. The ball hits the inside of the post and spins into the net to make it 4-0 on 60mins.

Penzance bring on Jolan Williams for Zack Podd. They also put a floated ball into the Truro area which is grabbed by the keeper under pressure.

My notes now say, there is general Truro pressure on the Penzance back 4 but they are not achieving much. They get a corner on the right which they waste. They get a cross ball in from the right but a volley from 6yds out goes wide.

Truro then bring on 3 subs to bring some life to the proceedings but it is Penzance who seem to be having the best of the last 10mins pushing up to catch Truro offside..

Penzance get a cross in along the 6yd line but no-one can get to it and it’s cleared. Then Alfie Turner puts one wide from 8yds out.

Then Truro get a last minute goal to make it 5-0. Truro break down the right, cross the ball in and Reski gets his 2nd goal with a back post volley.

Truro from John Vaughan, Dan Richardson, Danny Harris, Tom Chambers, John Ludlam, Jamie Skinner, Justin Harrington, Martin Watts, Sam Matthews, Shane Tolly, Chris Reski, Lewis Russell, Martin Moon, Sam Cooper, Rusty Rowson, Richard Pennington

Penzance – Craig Nicholls, Mark Grenfell, Danny Michael, Danny Magee, Chris Bullock, Zack Podd, Alfie Turner, Liam Devine, Paul Cox, Marcus Smith, James Street

Sub – Jolan Williams (for Podd)

Corner count Truro 4-0 Penzance (1-0 1st half)

Head count 42 (5 supporting Pz, plus 3 holiday makers from London included)

One thing I must say each time Truro scored you could here a pin drop. It happens every season. There seems to be no passion in their supporters or are they so used to it, it’s now expected that they will score and win.

CTB

Sometimes being honest is hard but you woopecker you have made it easy

Y dont you F##k off all you do is put people down !!!!!!!!! People who take time out of work/family life, use there own money to play the amazing sport we call football the sport we love and dont play to get slated

Truro res 5, Pz res 0!!!

awesome display by truro!!

it was like a training sesh for them!!!

they keep and sparay the ball around so well-no wonder they are top!!!

smithy did you play last night,i thought all though it was a bit like men against boys,nobody gave up and you had some good lille youngsters,small lad in midfield had some good touches,well done,the lad let you down geting sent off,but hopefully he will learn from it :clapper: :c:

Truro res 5, Pz res 0!!!

awesome display by truro!!

it was like a training sesh for them!!!

they keep and sparay the ball around so well-no wonder they are top!!!

smithy did you play last night,i thought all though it was a bit like men against boys,nobody gave up and you had some good lille youngsters,small lad in midfield had some good touches,well done,the lad let you down geting sent off,but hopefully he will learn from it :clapper::c:

yes i was the lone man upfront(the short lad-No.9 shirt) that sadly didnt get any through balls.i was feeding off scraps most of the game! very frustrating! not blaming my team mates-truro didnt really allow us to slide any decent balls in for me.

take my hat off to truro-some breathtaking moves!!!!