Cornwall Football Forum

Guest Helston Patriot

DIV 1

Helston 1 - 2 Falmouth Ath (i think)

A depleted Helston missed a pen and had effort cleared off the line in first half. Fal scored from a wind assissted cross from 35 yards. This came after Helston had a goal ruled out for offside even tho Falmouth player was on the line. Lino and ref both admitted they got it wrong after.. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Helston did then equalised from a tom russell header, then hit the bar is closing minutes. Falmouth then got the winner from 5 yards when the ball was pulled back for a simple tap in.

Should be a good semi final when the reserves have their full squad back.

Falmouth Ath 'keeper quality again as per last 10yrs, pulled off some great saves to keep them in the game. :thumbsup:

Guest mariner

athletic were yery poor today not our usual selfs 3 games in 5 days sum of us 4 in 5 has started to show and ourselves not at full strength. helston did play the better footie but failed to use it properly. Look forward to the semi until then all the best helston

Guest Spenny

Chacewater 1 mike elliott Falmouth town 1 james miller

Good hard fought game.... If falmouth played those players every week i think thy would be pushing for the title!!! After saying that, we had enough chances first half to have won the game comfortably

Guest helstons14

Quite a gutting result to concede near the end and miss a pen, hit the post and have a goal dubiously disallowed, but we take credit from how well we played with a depleted squad, our players couldn't of gave anymore and the semi final will certainly be close. Well played Athletic.

Guest Clancy Von-Heffenburger

Mawnan 2-1 St Agnes

I would say they were in with an outsiders chance wouldnt you say?? 4 teams can still win- what a rush!!!!!!!!