Cornwall Football Forum

Jolly's Shield Semi-Final

TMS are 2/1 favourites with Ladbrooks and Gulval at 6/1

So if I'll make 20 quid off a 10 quid bet, not even worth the effort.

Unless you put your tenner on Gulval of course!

I did hear that TMS were favourites but Gulval are not complete outsiders,far from it.

Bit surprised that no-one from the League charged entry last night or,at least,did a collection.

Guest Luffy

In regards to the Semi Final tonight their is no way that Threemilestone would ever underestimate Gulval. This is a one off game and both teams have an equally good chance of progressing through to the final.

I just hope that it will be a good advert for Mining League div 3 and that a good sized crowd will be at Illogan cheering on both sides.

Have to admit looking forward to it, may the best team win.

Congratulations to Chacewater for making the final last night.

Nice that you're both looking forward to it Knack and Luffy, the problem is that somebody is ultimately going to end the day disappointed. After already being told that I'm not to be involved (maybe as a sub if I'm lucky?), I already am disappointed :( BUT rest assured I will be as loud as anybody at the ground whilst cheering on my boys and giving them encouragement in the hope of producing what would be quite a sizeable upset.

Good luck to both teams and as Luffy said, lets just hope that it's a decent advert for Mining League Division 3 with a decent turn out of supporters and well wishers.

Still think the wind is going to be a huge factor though, always ruins a game when it's the wind that dictates play and not the players.

Nice that you're both looking forward to it Knack and Luffy, the problem is that somebody is ultimately going to end the day disappointed. After already being told that I'm not to be involved (maybe as a sub if I'm lucky?), I already am disappointed :( BUT rest assured I will be as loud as anybody at the ground whilst cheering on my boys and giving them encouragement in the hope of producing what would be quite a sizeable upset.

Good luck to both teams and as Luffy said, lets just hope that it's a decent advert for Mining League Division 3 with a decent turn out of supporters and well wishers.

Still think the wind is going to be a huge factor though, always ruins a game when it's the wind that dictates play and not the players.

wasn't your 30 yard winner last season in the final wind assisted coopsie!!

some strike though :clapper: :clapper:

Well done TMS. Can't argue with the result, a well deserved win.

Yes the ball hit my hand, but....

In Fifa's Laws of the Game 2005, Law 12 says a free-kick or penalty will be awarded if a player "handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)".

Page 67 of the document gives "additional information for referees, assistant referees and fourth officials".

It adds: "Referees are reminded that deliberately handling the ball is normally punished only by a direct free-kick or penalty kick if the offence occurred inside the penalty area. A caution or dismissal is not normally required."

I can honestly say that I did not deliberately handle the ball. Not many people know me as a liar.

Guest Rabinowitz_The_Red

well most of them are magic and can be in two places at once (if said final clashes with another final). Should be a good game as both sides have played well all season with me doing 9 games for both clubs (3 + 6) good luck to both teams

Rabinowitz

Guest Luffy

I would like to thank Illogan FC for their hospitality last night for the Semi Final and also give praise to the Gulval lads who played their socks off and gave my team a difficult match.

Both sides looked edgy and to be honest Gulval settled quicker than TMS, it took a goal for us to settle the nerves.

Young Mez scored the first after squeezing the ball through the Gulval keepers legs from a tight angle and although the wind was against us further goals from JP and Young Peters saw us go into half time three nil up although from a managers point of view we did not play the best football and looked a little ragged at times. This often happens in Semi Finals as there is so much at stake.

The second half saw Gulval come out of the traps like a greyhound and put us under some real pressure even though they did not test Tom in goal, fortunately for us we scored on the break to make it four, top goalscorer Patty getting on the score sheet, although he should have had two further goals as Gulval pushed for a goal and left spaces at the back.

Gulval eventually got on the score sheet for a well deserved consolation goal for all their hard work, when a mistake at the back left their striker clear through and he finished well.

I was alot happier with our second half performance although we need to take our chances when they come our way. All in all a hard fought but deserved victory.

The game was played in a really good spirit and I felt the ref had a good match, although some strange decisions from one of the linos however this did not detract from a decent enough game.

This now sees the top two in the league face each other in the cup, should be a cracking final and with it being a local derby I am hoping it will be well supported. I know that my players and I are looking forward to the final and the challenge that will face us.

In regards to the final clashing with a Sunday final, I understand that only a couple of my boys turn out for the Sunday team, however, the Sunday side should be fine in fielding a side even with my lads missing.

Well done to all the squad from last night, I am certainly a proud manager this morning.

Just a quick note to congratulate Luffy and his boys on their win last night. Fair account of the game too, I think the best team won on the night. Just wish we could have got a little luck early doors.

I was very proud of my boys they battled but to no avail.

Good luck in the final Luffy and to Chacewater as well, as the two best sides in the division I think it is fitting that you should be there.