Cornwall Football Forum

Helston Poor Standards For Senior Club

Our visit to Helston was a real eye opener last Tuesday evening we arrived twenty minutes before the kick off time of 6.15 and found no facilities open and we were left like that until half time when the clubhouse finally opened with loads dashing for the toilets.

Spectators who arrived earlier then me had to be let in free because the gateman had no change then there was the teahut which did not open up until ten minutes before half time with a list of hot food displayed when we got our cup of tea we asked what food she was doing and was informed kit kat so bang went any chance of something warm.

Think we were left to reflect that a Senior club could not push the boat out and open up to provide spectators some comfort in what was probably there biggest crowd of the season, perhaps it is me being spoilt by what our club offers but if they want to progress think they should have a rethink for next season.

Sorry Patriot perhaps I will spell it our or put it in simple terms for you:-

1. Every club has a responsibility to the league to at least offer reasonable standard for everyone who enters your ground.

2. The club should have ground regulation's in which you are responsible for the well being of spectators attending the game as well as Health and Safety issues.

3. The fact that people got in the ground for free is not a issue just a observation, but with the size of the crowd you lost important revenue that's for your club to deal with.

4. There was no toilet facilities available (that may not trouble you personally Patriot) but there should of been facilities open, for example if you can't open the bar then open the club so people can at least use them every bar area is secured so there is no problem with security.

5. Think it was quite obvious that what was incurred on the night may of been done for us and not other clubs will be interesting to see the replies, there was someone in the tea hut from before kick off but they didn't open until previously stated.

6. Most of us came straight from work (sorry for swearing patriot) so any chance was limited a supporter did try Tesco's at 6.05pm they refused to turn the coffee machine on and the pasty was less then fresh but then that's out of your hands.

Just seems very strange that ever other club I have visited always have toilets and food available perhaps there are problems we don't realise but would suggest there looked at.

7. First visit to the ground.........no several seasons running the line there and watching other games over the years another reason for posting comments Helston were always a very friendly club with excellent facilities which certainly on that night had vastly diminished.

Guest Helston Patriot

i'm just a lowly player and all your valid points are wasted on me! You should take these up with Helston FC chairman, Mr Barry Dunstan and i'm sure he'll be more than happy to help you. If you would like i'll PM you his number or go to www.helstonafc.co.uk and click on contacts.

Best of luck with your avid support of truro fc :thumbsup:

Guest Woodpecker

Poor old helston boy!everyone is starting to slate you :o:o do you think,it's because all you do on this forum is talk about yourself and helston! :clapper::clapper: Mate,just chill-out and do your talking on the pitch,not on this forum :thumbsup: Maybe helston should put the £150 a game budget into the club etc,Then they could get some staff(bar,tea hut,toilets) which turn up on time for kick off! :thumbsup: :drink:

I've never had a problem with anything down Helston even get my own changing room, more then most places. Maybe there wasn't anyone who could open up the tea hut, or whatever. Some people do have a life and family and i know most people who run tea huts, do the gates ect give up their own time to do so. So why moan coz you didn't get your prawn sandwich or you couldn't use a nice warm toilet (i'm sure if you needed a wee that badly you could of used the ones in the changing rooms), I've been to grounds where they only have one toilet for the away team and officials.

Guest AlanB

Thanks for that Anita, I'll buy you another drink when you next visit! Some valid points have been made and some irrelevant nes. I'm sure the Committee have reasons for not opening until 7.00pm when games are played in the evenning but the people who do man the gate, kitchen. kiosk and bars also have other jobs as well. An easy answer is to play games at the weekends instead of always trying to catch up on fixtures with midweek matches. I dare say that the comments made will be discussed and perhaps a solution to the complaints will be found.

To Urban Spaceman - Ear to the Ground is not the father of my son!

Woodpecker - You can be a pain in the proverbial but, you have the choice to contribute if you so wish. You do make stupid people sound intelligent though!

Thanks for that Anita, I'll buy you another drink when you next visit!

You don't have to thank me, i'm just telling the truth. :D

Just because some people can drop everything to go watch a game doesn't mean everyone can. I'm sure the lady in the tea hut (who's bacon rolls always make me hungry) has a family and maybe kids to sort out before she can go there. The gateman he might not finish work until 6 so by the time his gone home and got changed its nearly 7. You don't know so theres no reason what so ever to come on here and moan because you had to go to tescos for a pasty. Your lucky you could get a cup of tea some places don't even have that for an evening game.

Good job the Truro lot never went to Holman, Culdrose or Perranwell.

A nice brew at Perranwell, at half-time only.

At Holman the ref's use the ladies toilet and Lil-Miss-Cornwall say's theres never any loo roll in it any way.

At Culdrose you might get a brew if anyone's got the time to make it.

Truro lot are spoilt. They should see how the other half live. I remember when their place used to be a right dump. No seats, t-hut in the corner that opened just before half-time.

Good chips at Helston. Never bought a pint over there for some reason.

CTB

At Holman the ref's use the ladies toilet and Lil-Miss-Cornwall say's theres never any loo roll in it any way.

CTB

and i have to use the mens loos and theres no lock on it and i've been walked in on loads. and talking of toilets (this is gonna get me told off) but if when i'm down Truro and i want to go for a wee i have to go outside and around the corner (which is dark) and theres like mobile loos and the lights don't work most of the time and its bloody cold :) so allforone before you start running down others take a good look at your self.

Guest WINNO

ALFORONE AS 1ST TEAM MANAGER I WILL WELCOME YOUR COMMENTS ON THE FACILITIES AT HELSTON WHICH ARE ALWAYS VERY GOOD TO EVERY VISITING SIDE AND WERE ALSO MADE AVALIABLE ON THE VISIT ON TRURO CITY RESERVES TO THE LOWLY KELLAWAY PARK I WILL WELCOME YOUR COMMENTS FOR FUTURE VISITING SIDES.

BUT AS EVERBODY SEEMS TO BE SLAGGING OFF HELSTON FOR SOME REASON AT THE MOMENT AS 1ST TEAM MANAGER I WILL COMMENT.

1.HELSTON AFC IS A PURELY A NON PROFESSIONAL CLUB AND I WILL COMMENT AS I CANNOT SEE WHY AS A CLUB THAT IS TRYING TO DO THINGS AS WELL AS THEY CAN IS IN THE FIRING LINE SO MUCH !!!!!!!! I JUST CANNOT SEE Y WE ARE GETTING SLAGGED OFF SO MUCH.

2. THIS MEANS THE BAR ETC AND PLAYING STAFF DO NOT GET PAID AT ALL.

3. I WITNESSED NOT VERY LONG AGO A GAME ST JUST VS TRURO CITY AT TRURO CITYON A SATURDAY WHEN THE FACILITIES WERE NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC LESS THE 20 MINUTES BEFORE KO!!!!!

SO BE VERY QUIET. AND YES I WAS AT THE FRONT DOOR TALKLING TO THE ST JUST MANAGER AT THE TIME.

we work for aliving "BUT ITS ALL FOR CORNWALL"

I DONT CARE IF YOU HATE ME OR NO. WHOMEVER YOU ARE BUT AT LEAST I DONT HIDE BEHIND SILLY NAMES!!!!I HAVE TOTAL RESPECT FOR ALL THOSE INVOLVED WITH HELSTON FOOTBALL CLUB AND EVERYONE OUT SIDE THE CLUB SO LONG AS THEY SAY IT AS IT IS!! WHAT EVER CLUB I AM EVER INVOLVED IN WILL GET A 110% AS MANAGER AND A SIDE THAT WILL COMPETE WITH EVERY TEAM IN THAT LEAGUE AS HAS HAPPENED????.

I ALSO RESPECT ALL THOSE FROM THIS FORUM WHOM HAVE RELEVANT THINGS TO SAY.

BUT NOT THE MORONS WHO HAVE AND HANENT A CLUE AND SHOULD BE PERMANENTLY WIPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always had a pleasant time down at Helston FC and never had a problem.

I'm not being funny its a working mans game, I travel away with England football club and some of the INTERNATIONAL stadiums in Europe I have been to you are lucky not to get wacked by the over zealous police let alone get a cup of tea.

Word on the street is that the Truro Chairman will be employing 500 Thai massager's to relax the City fans next season in the dizzy heights of the Southern League. :)

i feel helston has one of,if not the best clubhouses in the combonation league! every time we have been over there to play the tea hut has always been open, the gate man always there asking for £1.50 from spectators and the bar always open for a lucozade before the game!! why do people come on here and try and slate other clubs who are trying too go in the right direction and move forward. i think 9/10 players look forward too playin at helstonand enjoy the atmosphere after!!!! :drink: stop slating other clubs and start talking football!! ;)

Caviar and chips, prawn sandwiches and champers will all be available from the Truro t-hut next season.

The rest of us will have greasy burgers, stewed tea and out of date crisps from our own t-huts.

Come on Truro supporters most clubs have volunteers running them not paid staff. Be reasonable and stop moaning.

its one mans comments,NOT TRURO SUPPORTERS,get your facts right before you spout off :c:

Truro are obviously going places, and people will love to hate them!

Helston are a very friendly club with what seems to be a good 1st team. We played there this year against their 2nd's in the Junior Cup and were treated very well indeed. No complaints boys, thankyou! :smiley20:

Guest Ronin

Maybe there wasn't anyone who could open up the tea hut, or whatever. Some people do have a life and family and i know most people who run tea huts, do the gates ect give up their own time to do so.

I totally agree with what Anita has said here but it's a bit slack when your players don't even get a drink at half time as we found at St Day on Tuesday night. Having said that we came out in the second half and played a blinder winning the game 3-1 so perhaps we should try that at Perran this afternoon! :D