St Keverne v Wendron United Fourths

DIV FOUR WEST
Constantine Reserves v Lizard Argyle Reserves …off
Helston Raiders v Dropship Reserves….off
Storm v Penryn Athletic Reserves
St Just Reserves v Pendeen Rovers Reserves (@ 12pm)…..off
Wendron United Fifths v Perranporth……off

Holmans 4 Probus 0

I was very surprised that the game survived the horrendous recent rain, but it did. Obviously conditions were very heavy, which was unlikely to suit Probus’s wingers, and so it proved. Holmans took the lead after 11 minutes, when a free kick was headed back across goal and one of their players headed home from close range. They increased their lead after half an hour when a cross from the right was tapped in. 2-0 at halftime.

To get back in the game Probus needed to out battle their opponents because they had been bullied in the first half. They started better and inside the first 10 minutes of the half, they won a penalty when Dan Vincent’s cross was handled. Tyler Cheshire took the penalty and became the latest Probus player to miss from the spot - they are nearing double figures of misses this season! With 20 minutes left, Holmans made it 3-0, when a corner wasn’t cleared and the ball was finished from close range. In the 95th minute a good volley made it 4-0.

Probus got what they deserved from the game…absolutely nothing. They were outworked by a more street wise home team and their lack of game time recently definitely showed. I’m not sure whether Holmans altered their game plan to suit the conditions, but they were very direct and it worked well for them.  The referee made some interesting decisions for both sides, but overall I thought he did ok, in difficult conditions. A few players were booked, mainly from Probus. Holmans must have the biggest technical area I’ve ever seen - at one stage there must have been 25 people in it - some interested my comments coming from there as well, but my favourite had to be one of them calling the Probus player a retard! Fair play to the person who I assume was the Holmans manager, in the first half he complimented the Probus linesman, Niall Macgowan, for being fair and not giving offsides that he through other linesmen would have given. No game for Probus next weekend, which won’t help their lack of recent football!

Junior Cup Quarter Final 

Falmouth United 2 (1)

Pemsilva 0 (0)

Be honest I turned up expecting Pensilva to win comfortably with all the hype surrounding them but came away very disappointed. 
Falmouth started brightly and capitalised on a mistake early on when young Calum Jewell robbed the defender and finished coolly. Pensilva I would have though would have burst  into life but were very lethargic and really offered nothing much first half. Falmouth could have gone 2-0 up but for a superb save from Pensilvas keeper from Reece Toms long shot. 
Second half Pensilva pushed from the start without really worrying Falmouth, they potentially could have had a goal but the fwd was about 3 times the size of the Falmouth keeper so the 50/50 challenge went in Falmouth keepers favour. Then came the turning point when player manager Super “ Mike Rollason “ came off the bench and with his first touch battled through the Pensilva defence and finished nicely. He could have scored from a cross minutes later but headed over but to be fair to Falmouth they saw out the gave fairly comfortably. Pensilva boys temperament got the better of them toward the end with some cheap shots off the ball but I think they expected a walk in the park which they clearly didn’t get. I don’t know Pensilvas pitch whether it’s small and compact but they looked out of their depth on Penryn colleges 3G. Massive congratulations to Falmouth United and to Mike as the hard work is paying off, not a nasty person in their team which takes some doing at any level of football.

MOTM in my opinion was Lewis Munden in goal, made some really important saves when called apon and from what I’ve been told is carrying  an injury too boot 👍

ps, I’m nothing to do with Falmouth United but obviously live in the area and know them and have been involved in local football so this post is my honest opinion of the game today. Pensilva had some decent players, keeper , CB ( no 3 I believe ) two young wingers who came on but I don’t know their names so can’t say too much about them. Good luck to both teams going forward 👍

Written by Mike - Falmouth United Manager 

Falmouth united 2 - 0 Pensilva 
Finally getting to play our quarter final game after the British weather hampered the first two attempts. Luckily we play on an all weather pitch which meant the hail storm Friday night didn't stop play.  
The game started brightly for us at a tempo we dictated. Moving the ball through the thirds well to start but also pressing high giving Pensilva very little time on the ball. That tactic paid off around the 15 minute mark with 18 year old winger Callum Jewell pressing the pensilva full back picking his pocket and sloting past the keeper in the bottom corner.  After that our style changed and we started going long which was frustrating from the side line as it gave the visitors plenty of attacking opportunities which the defence had to deal with but also when the defence didn't mop it up. Keeper Lewis Munden pulled off some amazing 1 v 1 saves. We did create some more chances first half after some great link up, between Striker Hayden and winger Reece found Hayden 1 v 1 from a tight angle blasing it over and later Reece Toms hitting a half volley with the Pensilva goalkeeper pulling of an amazing save at full stretch. 
Half time was really reaffirming the plan of staying patient and not forcing the play which the lads ignored for the 15 minutes of the second half which I feel Pensilva had the run of the green. We struggled to get up to speed early on and had to rely on our defenders  who were starting to pick up knocks and injuries. With  a balanced bench of youth and experience I was comfortable that if any changes were made it wouldn't affect the way we have been playing. With 16 year old Ethan Body coming on at right back for the injured Toby Murfin against a very young, quick winger he really composed himself and tackled well but also kept his shape and not bombing forward like he wants to. With about 14 to go and a narrow lead I wanted to make a change with young Callum Jewel running himself in to the ground after an Amazon shift . I brought myself on up top moving hayden out to the wing. The pace of Reece and Callum on the wings really caused issues so putting hayden out there meant we still had that attacking pace but with a more physical striker up top. The tactic paid off after a ball from Reuben Talbot went straight down their throats the Pensilva CB didn't deal with it so I managed to battle between the two and slot it past the keeper. Taking a knick off his foot which meant it was a will it won't it go over the line as the defenders chased it. But it did and sone of my lads some off the bench ran on to celebrate.  

This game meant a lot to us and to beat a team many picked as favourites shows what an amazing group of lads I have. We have worked hard and I’m proud of the boys and what we have built together. 

It was a very close game at times and Pensilva battled though out but didn't take their chances and if they did hit the target Lewis stopped everything. 

All the best to Pensilva for the rest of the season they have a really good side and to be fair, had the last laugh.  Got to the pub and ate all the food before my lads even got to it. 🤣🤣🤣

Being one of the few games on it was great to see such a crowd watching us. 

Man of the match 
LEWIS MUNDEN. Absolute rock in goal, distribution was decent and even taking a few big knocks soldiered on and gave one of the best keeping performances I've seen all seen.  

League action next week away 

Semi final draw on Tuesday.

17 hours ago, Lifeintheolddog said:

Junior Cup Quarter Final 

Falmouth United 2 (1)

Pemsilva 0 (0)

Be honest I turned up expecting Pensilva to win comfortably with all the hype surrounding them but came away very disappointed. 
Falmouth started brightly and capitalised on a mistake early on when young Calum Jewell robbed the defender and finished coolly. Pensilva I would have though would have burst  into life but were very lethargic and really offered nothing much first half. Falmouth could have gone 2-0 up but for a superb save from Pensilvas keeper from Reece Toms long shot. 
Second half Pensilva pushed from the start without really worrying Falmouth, they potentially could have had a goal but the fwd was about 3 times the size of the Falmouth keeper so the 50/50 challenge went in Falmouth keepers favour. Then came the turning point when player manager Super “ Mike Rollason “ came off the bench and with his first touch battled through the Pensilva defence and finished nicely. He could have scored from a cross minutes later but headed over but to be fair to Falmouth they saw out the gave fairly comfortably. Pensilva boys temperament got the better of them toward the end with some cheap shots off the ball but I think they expected a walk in the park which they clearly didn’t get. I don’t know Pensilvas pitch whether it’s small and compact but they looked out of their depth on Penryn colleges 3G. Massive congratulations to Falmouth United and to Mike as the hard work is paying off, not a nasty person in their team which takes some doing at any level of football.

MOTM in my opinion was Lewis Munden in goal, made some really important saves when called apon and from what I’ve been told is carrying  an injury too boot 👍

ps, I’m nothing to do with Falmouth United but obviously live in the area and know them and have been involved in local football so this post is my honest opinion of the game today. Pensilva had some decent players, keeper , CB ( no 3 I believe ) two young wingers who came on but I don’t know their names so can’t say too much about them. Good luck to both teams going forward 👍

Pensilva pitch right in middle of village Tim and last time i was there had a slope like Perranwell's.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Sat 24th February 2024 fixtures