Cornwall Football Forum

Penryn Athletic vs Falmouth Albion

Guest Roberts

Guest Roberts

Penryn Athletic and albion went into this game both needing points to remove themselves from the grasp of relegation. Penryn had a few changes to the team that saw them draw at Dracena Avenue a week previous. Most notibly MINTO started the game instead of coming on in the last 10minutes, i think everyone would agree he was man of the match today. The game was played on the Cow field even though the main pitch was free???????? witch dissapointed both teams. Even though i have to say the cow field was in good condition. The game started off with both teams very even. It was scrappy as you like, and tackles were flying in left right and centre. niether team managed to get the ball down an play in the first half. An early shout for an albion penalty was dissmissed when bushy, cleary swiped the legs of nipper. 10 minutes in the referee stopped the game and clled over "AThletic number 7"! a red card was shown and everyone looked in shock, it was clear that it was for discent as no foul or rukas had occured. this sent a clear message to the players, KEEP IT SHUT. with athletic a player down albion managed to make a bit of pressure but both teams went in a half time at 0-0. When the teams came out for the second half, Albion managed to dominate the game regularly breaking down the wings but never managing to test the keeper. the second half was fairly uneventful, both teams made changes to try and push for he winning goal, but with ten minutes to go the referee stopped the game again, this time calling over the young albion centre back "Andrew Heard" and another red was shown, again for discent. NOW I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH REFFEREE'S DISSAPINING PLAYERS FOR BAD LANGUAGE BUT THERE HAS TO BE SOME CONSISTANCY! THE LASY GAME WE PLAYED THERE WERE PLAYERS GOING UP TO THE REFEREE SAYIN "ref that was f****n S**t, you a t*sser" AND NO CARD OR ANUTHING. PREVIOUS TO THIS MATCH THE REFEREE NEVER CAME OVER AND TOLD US THAT HE WOULDNT BE ACCEPTING ANY BAD LANGUAGE.... WHERES THE BALANCE?

anyway, in the 87th minute Penryn managed to handle the ball into the net, even the players celebration consisted of him running back to the half way line pointing at his hand! haha. then penryn sat back on thier lead, again albion dominated with the ball never enytering there half, but it was too late and penryn ran out 1=-0 winners. thanks to everyone at penryn have a good rest of season.

Roberts

Guest wattsy

cow field????? dracena was worse last week, our pitch was in the best conditions its been in all season. or it was until bushy cut it to pieces.

Guest ilovewoody

i was a spectator and was so shocked that the ref, sent chris wood off.

i was gutted. hes such a nice lad and such a good goal scorer. If he stayed on there would of been goals.

overall penryn were the stronger and better side overall, with 10 men as well. great game to watch.

well done both teams

p.s woody is gold dust

Guest artificiosus

this is geting a bit silly now people making up usernames so they can come on here and mess around trying to whind people up or what ever.

its not up to me in what in these posts but im sure im not the only user who getting anoyed with these pranksters who ever they maybe. :c: