Guest Chris B

FHFL 1 TABLE AFTER GAMES 9/4/08

Including:

Mawnan 1-0 Holmans

Falmouth Town 6-1 Falmouth Abion

Helston 3-0 St Agnes

Chacewater 5-1 St Day

Stithians 0-1 St Keverne

Chacewater and St Keverne keep winning and pulling away from the rest.

Falmouth Athletic still in with a chance as well with their games in hand and got to play Chacewater Home and away and St Keverne at home. Even if they dont win it Athletic may have a big say in who does.

At the bottom 7 (maybe 8) teams still in trouble.

Could be a tense end to the season for many clubs.

Mining League Division 1

Holman 3rds 2 Illogan Res 1

Really good match with some nice football played by both sides, the winner scored by home manager Neil Pitt after a great run through the centre of the Illogan defence, reasonable control of the through ball and cool finish!! :clapper:

If any match shows the importance of keeping your head and composure, this was it! Holmans did and deserved their victory!!

Its got to be time the Mining League introduced a fair play or referees initiative (like the West Cornwall Sunday League), to reward the teams who show respect to the officials! Gulval Reserves v Storm Res at the weekend was a great match to be involved in, as both sides accepted all decisions and showed complete respect, as did Holmans tonight! :thumbsup: If their is a shortage of referees at any stage these are the sides that should be awarded an official because they deserve it, and the refs will enjoy the matches!

I at least hope it is an idea that can be implemented in time for the Falmouth/Helston and Mining League Merger in a couple seasons time, which could well be affected by referee shortages?

In reply to my brothers rose tinted spectacles on the Holmans V Illogan mining 1 game. He seems to be suggesting i played the entire 2nd team (who play in the same standard as mining 1 (FHFL1) by the way!!!!) Yes the squad was bolstered by the inclusion of a grand total of 3 in the starting 11 well done Gareth good spot!!!!!!

Our two outstanding youngsters (Ben Gadson and Phil greenlaw) are both homegrown 3rd teamers and were heavily involved in a very entertaining game. Both sides played some good football but I think we wanted (and lets be honest)needed it a bit more. Good to see the refs match report (kris hall "georgie") who had a good game and I have to say i agree with his comments and I was very proud of the team spirit and attitude to the ref and the illogan players displayed by our lot this evening

I do have to thank Gareth for resisting the temptation to stick his flag up when I scored the winner it obviously took gr8 restraint which I applaud him for :clapper: :clapper:

Barker Bowl SF

Mawnan 2 - 3 Perranwell (Ferris, Madeley, Jameson)

A really competitive game played on a fantastic pitch at Penryn! Perran took an early 2-0 lead which they held onto until half time.

In the 2nd half it became 3-0 but 2 goals pulled Mawnan back into the game but Perran managed to hold out for the final 10 minutes.

Well reffed with the game being allowed to flow and quite a decent crowd in as well.

I think the other semi is being played tonight between Pendeen and Marazion so we await the winners of that game.

Guest helstons14

Sorry Breas, I don't get many so I have to claim it! Bucko and the ref both put it down as my goal so without the Sky Dubious Goals panel to disagree its mine. It wasn't a fluke more a visionary 30yard lob haha :clapper:

Guest Sullivan

"no complaints daz storm played well and i think a couple of senior additions to their team did help,but no complaints just have to get on with it .as for liverpool make sure you rub it in to samo for me."

Thanks for that! I've just got a scary image of Daz rubbing something (?) into Samo :(

Guest mariner

i see that portreath won again wouldnt have anything to do with stuart reynolds playing for them and receiving £60 petrol in his car, not sure if that will go down well with a few of there regulars who left st day for the same reason when perran cooke first went there

i see that portreath won again wouldnt have anything to do with stuart reynolds playing for them and receiving £60 petrol in his car, not sure if that will go down well with a few of there regulars who left st day for the same reason when perran cooke first went there

Its been agreed that he has to pay a quid back everytime he misses a goal scoring opportunity,he now owes Roger £2.00 after two games. :lol::lol::lol:

I think the rumour mill has been churning mariner,don't believe all you hear.

Guest Clancy Von-Heffenburger

are portreath goin in for the european junior football championships in portugal?? they'll be chucked out if they are found to be paying players- they are favourites to win as well!!!

Guest Tax-Dodging Saint

It is true i am playing for Portreath midweek to help Roger out. I still play at Pz but as i know a lot of players down at Portreath it was never in doubt to come to their aid for midweek fixtures. I have received no payment and if the rumours are true i've either got a diesel car or a 4x4, £60 to fill my mini don't think so. Anyway i'd have to give that to the old man anyway as he is my chauffeur for now as my motor is in the garage. Walked home the other day too!

Thats it Mike C! im gonna have to play against you on Tuesday now! can I add that out of the 18 games played ive started 16 and only been fit for the past 5 or 6 games, actually prob only about 80% fit, bring on next season! how many you got mike? just want to know how many I need to beat you. Shouldnt be hard! ha ha.

Keep talking Morley. Yap yap yap. Just admit you lose the same bet every season!

I am on 30 matey. And I dont take penalties!

And if you play against us Tues I doubt you will be playing Weds. Ha Ha Ha.

Chat soon matey. Looking forward to our Sunday encounter!

no complaints daz storm played well and i think a couple of senior additions to their team did help,but no complaints just have to get on with it .as for liverpool make sure you rub it in to samo for me.

It's true, Craig and Robbo played! To be honest though the regular boys were outstanding and we have 2 top class players out injured who the Illogan boys replaced. Dixie up front, and Wadey in the middle. Also no Plymouth boys this week so we were men down Plus that is not the first time they have played this season, the stats will show these boys began the season with Storm, but we let them go to Illogan on a season long loan deal! hehe

Also noticed Trevenson missing a few, unlucky to lose Jeweller to injury - top class player!

Should be another good game Wed!