Cornwall Football Forum

NALDERS LEAGUE CUP SEMI

Just a thought - I can recall playing a Sunday League (or cup?) game for William IV one weeekday evening at a ground in or around Penzance. It was under floodlights and a bloody good game if I recall... just a real pain in the ass trying to get sorted after work!

I'm guessing that exceptional circumstances mean exceptional actions in some cases... as long as you liaise with the right people!

Callum ............Can I assure you that the Sunday League FIXTURE secretary knows absolutely nothing about ANY game next Wednesday .

Perhaps both you and Tremough may have agreed to play each other .....but this has NOT been advised to the League or more importantly been Sanctioned by it .

Yet again doing things outside of the rules !!!!!! :(:(:(

Thanks for clearing that up, i did think it odd that the Sunday league fixtures were due to be played mid-week. Not that id mind playing mid-week of course, it just seemed that it had been made pretty clear was Sunday league games were for sundays only!

What about this fixture mentioned by Stevethedoor, scheldueled for a Saturday, is this true? :c:

Can i just ask a question to the people who have posted on this topic that Sunday league fixtures can ONLY be played on a Sunday?

Next Wednesday Oxford FC play Tremough is a NALDERS Division 1 fixture and this doesnt seem to correspond with some of your claims. Can somebody explain this please? Preferbly without blaming it on fixture congestion because as many of you have said Sunday league games are not allowed to be played on any other day than a Sunday. Or was that just a load of crap that was made up to add weight to your arguement towards the Mining League moving the Dunne Cup final? :c:

A One And A Six, thankyou for all your comments regarding this subject, as im sure you know all the rule books for the football leagues in cornwall and you have been very helpfull in this matter ;)NOT!! i think you shud take out a bit of time and read the sunday league rule book which has been sanctioned by the ccfa, then start to put out your arguments and useless info in here....I know everyone has the right to have their say but you seem to be totaly against the sunday league.. is there a reason for this???? :unsure:

Been reading this topic with interest.

Firstly, Richie - I admire your passion and commitment to the Sunday League cause but you seem to have had a right rant on here and your last posting really showed no respect to some of the other posters - everyone has a point of view. It may not always agree with yours, but points of view they still are. I didn't read of anyone being against the Sunday league, merely expressing their viewpoints. (And PS - most people post with CAPSLOCK off! :P )

Secondly, to avoid this happening again, as Jeremy suggested, surely it is not too difficult for the officials of both leagues to agree in early June before the AGMs on dates for finals. A bit of cooperation works wonders!

FInally, re the final at Marazion. Alan Wallace isn't a member of the Mining League committee. However, every time I have played at Marazion I have been made to feel very welcome by the club. It is a nice wide, flat, dry pitch and reasonable facilities. Perhaps there weren't too many other clubs putting their hands up to offer their services?

Hi daz hope you are well mate, I have got very irrate at some of the coments posted on here and i have had my say, and yep had a pop at afew of these comments, but to me it seems that the sunday lge seems to be frowned upon as a low class of football, the league was set up and has been run very well for as long as I can remember!!! maybe we could sort out a few games against some of the peoples sides that are in HIGHER AND BETTER leagues and prove to them that the standard of football that we can play is as good or even better than them!!!

:P I AM NOW SAYING SORRY TO ANYBODY THAT I MAY HAVE UPSET OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS ABOUT THIS SUBJECT, AS YOU CAN ALL TELL I HAVE VERY STRONG FEELINGS AND BELEIFS IN WHAT I HAVE BEEN RANTING ON ABOUT. :SM_carton::SM_carton: I GIVE MYSELF A RED CARD FOR THIS.(not the first one iv ever had :) ) Once again SORRY to all I have offended with my post's.

cheers Rich. :drink:

I have nothing against the Sunday league (or anybody that runs it), i turn up on the Sunday morning, come rain, sleet or shine and pay my subs and play like every other Sunday leaguer! My posts and arguments (even the ones in which i am talking nonsense) have simply stemmed from my personal belief that a prestigious and historic cup competition like the Dunne Cup (that has been going for over a hundred years) should not have its final moved for the NALDERS League Cup final (which, as much as i hate to say, is a lower standard and less important competition-not that i am implying that the NALDERS League cup isnt important, i for one would love to win it).

Not that it matters much now anyway as the issue has been resolved. Best of luck to all involved in both finals. :c:

Definitive response

Some fifteen or so years ago, when a certain John Ryder determined EVERYTHING that happened in Cornish Football, he decreed that Sunday Clubs will play on Sundays and no other day.

As no one dare to challenge the man, this became accepted as fact. This is how "urban myths" are generated.

About the time that his star was waning, I challenged this ruling and announced that Sunday clubs would play mid-week. I think he knew that I had researched stuff well, (I took him on a time or two, as the more experienced readers will know) and so no response was forthcoming from the CCFA.

So we played midweek to complete fixtures at the end of the season.

The only possible confusion was the existence of an F.A. rule that said that no club, other than a Sunday Club, could take any action against a player who refused to play on a Sunday. (I don't know if that still exists, can't be bothered to look!)

So, for a time it was de facto, true, but isn't any longer. I would expect that some of the more "experienced" Council members may still believe that the myth is still extant.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE THAT COMMENT FROM MR PRICE SAYING SORRY NEVER HEARD IT BEFORE :D:D:D:D:D:D

TAKE IT AFTER THIS COMMENT I AM DROPPED SUNDAY LOL :P

big game on sunday, it could decide the league.. i will kick your ass in the pen shoot out but it wont be this week mate...

i pick my team on the morning of the game deano so if you are there and fit to play you are part of my squad :D:D we will see what team we have to put out.. haha

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE THAT COMMENT FROM MR PRICE SAYING SORRY NEVER HEARD IT BEFORE :D:D:D:D:D:D

TAKE IT AFTER THIS COMMENT I AM DROPPED SUNDAY LOL :P

big game on sunday, it could decide the league.. i will kick your ass in the pen shoot out but it wont be this week mate...

i pick my team on the morning of the game deano so if you are there and fit to play you are part of my squad :D:D we will see what team we have to put out.. haha

pricey with the greatest respect we all no the team picks itself........alot of players not impressed with 10 legs being brought straight back in the squad!!! :angry2: