Cornwall Football Forum

NALDERS LEAGUE CUP SEMI

Well done to Richie and the TMS boys for reaching the League Cup final ..again !!

After falling behind to an early Halsetown goal they managed to go in at halftime 2-1 up and never looked back in the second half to run out comfortable 5-1 winners ..........in quite terrible and freezing cold weather .

Final will be against old rivals Falmouth Albion at Wendron on Sunday 11th May 10-30 am k.o

Pity the Mining also have TMS booked for the Dunn Cup Final same day ..

....a Saturday League playing finals on a Sunday ........whatever next ????? :SM_carton:

No i cant see that happening! To be honest though i would have thought that if final should have to be moved (not that it should by any means) that it would have to be Sunday league cup as the Dunn Cup is the most prestigious and historic of the two. :c: Then again it is on a Sunday, so who knows?

Realistically, what are TMS going to do!!!? :c:

TMS ARE GOING TO APROACH THE MINEING LEAGUE AND ASK IF THEY CAN MOVE THE FINAL DUE TO SEVERAL PLAYERS PLAYING FOR THE TWO SIDES, IT WUDNT BE FAIR TO ASK THE PLAYERS TO PLAY 2 GAMES IN ONE DAY!!!!!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THE MINEING LGE HAVE DONE THIS AND IT IS A BIT STRANGE THAT THE FINAL IS BEING PLAYED AT MARAZION!!!! ££££££ INVOLVED FOR THE CLUB IM SURE!!!!!! :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

.we moved your game to give you a better chance of winning Pidge ........obviously worked !!!!! :P:P:P

Totally different situation with a Saturday League putting their final on a Sunday ........not midweek or a Saturday which they could of done .

A Sunday League is only permitted to play on a SUNDAY ...............we also have the problem of not having any other sundays left when we can give the teams a decent ground to play the final on , due to clubs working on their pitches for the Peninsula league requirements ...............surely not too difficult to work out which League should change, is it ???

I TOTALY AGREE, THE REASON THAT THE MINING LGE FINAL IS BEING PLAYED WHERE IT IS, IS DUE TO THE FACT THERE IS A MEMBER OF MARAZION FOOTBALL CLUB ON THE MINING LGE COMMITEE, I FEEL THERE MUST BE A REASON FOR THIS MINING LGE FINAL TO BE PLAYED ON A SUNDAY AT THE FOR MENTIONED CLUB (AGAIN) ££££££££ SPRINGS TO MIND!!! FOR THE CLUB. AS THE SUNDAY LGE ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO PLAY ON A SUNDAY YOU WUD THINK THAT THE MINING LGE WOULD HAVE A BIT OF SENSE AND MAKE THE FINALS FOR THEIR LGES ON ONE OF THE OTHER DAYS IN THE WK!!! THERE ARE ANOTHER 6 DAYS TO PICK FROM, IS IT BECAUSE OF TRADITION BECAUSE IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN PLAYED ON ONE OF THE MIDDLE SUNDAYS IN MAY???? IF SO IS THIS RIGHT?? IM RANTING AND RAVING ABOUT THIS BECAUSE THE SUNDAY LGE PUTS IN ALOT OF HARD WORK TO KEEP GOING AND THE OTHER LGES SEEM TO PUSH US AROUND, WELL IT SHUDNT HAPPEN AND WE ARE STANDING UP FOR OURSELVES. WE ALL ARE HERE FOR THE LOVE OF THE GREAT GAME. CUT THIS SMALL LGE SOME SLACK OUT THERE... GIVE US SOME RESPECT, WE CAN STILL KICK A BALL AND SCORE GOALS. AND BRING CUPS BACK TO CLUBS.. NO MORE TO BE SAID I FEEL.

SORRY BUT IT HAD TO BE SAID.....

KIND REGARDS ,

RICHY. P.

SO WHATS WRONG WITH PLAYING THE MINING LGE FINAL GAMES ON A SAT THEN, AS MOST OF THE GAMES LEADING UP TO THE FINAL HAVE ALL BEEN PLAYED ON WEEK DAYS OR A SAY, SO WHY THEY HAVE TO PLAY THE FINAL ON A SUNDAY IS BEOND ME..

IM NOT SURE WHAT IS GOIN ON HERE BUT IM GETTIN A BIT PISSED OFF WIV IT, THE MINING LGE SEEM TO BE A LAW TO THEM SELVES.....

:angry2::SM_carton: MINING LGE SUCK AND ARE NOT BEING CONCIDERATE. :SM_carton: :SM_carton_y:

In my opinion neither final should be moved bt if any had to it should be the NALDERS league cup. Why should the Mining League move the Dunn Cup final for the Sunday leaguers, its one of the main cup competitions in junior football (not to mention one of the oldest and prestigious) and should take presedence over the Sunday league competition.

If TMS have players due to play in both games, thats the clubs problem, not the Mining Leagues. :c:

Guest Jezza

If TMS have players due to play in both games, thats the clubs problem, not the Mining Leagues. :c:

Ok I'll agree the problem is ours not the Mining Leagues, but surely the Leagues could check with each other at the start of the season to ensure this kind of ball's up doesn't happen. :SM_carton:

You don't find the FA Cup clashing with the Milk Cup, Rumbelows Cup Carling Cup or whatever the hell it's called do you.

Irrespective or whether clubs may or may not be good enough to get to multiple finals it would surely be better for the finals to be played on different days if only to potentially boost the potential crowd figures...?

Zebedee - how about special dispensation and letting us sign some new players on for the final, I could dust the old boots off for one last comeback....? :thumbsup:

one and six not sure if you have a problem reading but what people have said is the dunn cup is part of saturday league and they are permitted to play there games 7 days aweek !!!!!!!!!! The sunday league is only permitted to play sundays therefore can only play sundays !!!!!!!!! Do I need to say anymore ? Some numpty has put the dunn cup and sunday cup both on sundays (nothing to do with the money this mans club will recieve doing it this way) :glare:

Irrespective of what anyone says it is a total F##k up and needs to be addressed :angry2::angry2: :angry2:

I am the best, you are heading straight back down the suspension road with some of your postings! no decision is made by one person, you should NOT make asumptions on who is responsible. Ie Sunday you thought Zebedee had stopped you from playing yet your own manager had forgot to name you in his semi-final squad.

On this topic though, the Sunday league was formed so players that could not play Saturdays could have a game of football. The league went through a spell when all standard of players could play, now they have reduced it to only junior players. Threemilestone players must now choose in which cup to play!

Its not un-common for a so-called 'Saturday league' final to be played on a Sunday, ive certainly been to few and if the day they chose to play it on falls on a Sunday League cup final day so be it. The Sunday league should either stop moaning and play it regardless or change their final date. The CCFA has got its priortitys and rightly so, 1st) Senior football, 2nd) Junior football and last but not least 3rd) Sunday league.

I know its hard on the TMS boys but its up to the club to either rearrange their sunday team, drop out of the cup (dont do that though lads) or pursuade the Sunday league to change its final fixture (which to me sounds the sensible option) because theres no way that the Dunne Cup final should be moved for the NALDERS League Cup final. :c:

Guest Jezza

Has the Nalders Cup been rescheduled from an original date because of earlier matches not being played? ie was this date always down to be the Final.....?

I ask because if it has been moved to a later date it would appear the blame would be the Sunday Leagues, if not I would lay the blame with the CCFA. As the governing body of both they should have had the brains to spot the potential clash of final dates and have sorted it at the start of the season.

As has been stated earlier if a change to either can't be made then congratulations to Falmouth Albion for winning the final as we don't have enough registered players to field two seperate teams and as a club I would imagine the Dunn Cup will take priority. Thats the cost of success, shame but there you go.

Never mind Rich the double is still on :P

Well fellas some amazing comments which basically lays all the blame at the feet of the Sunday League for having the audacity of playing their Sunday League games on Sundays !!!!

Well I have a simple solution to keep all you Saturday boys happy next year ...

I WILL ADVISE CCFA THAT THE SUNDAY LEAGUE HAS BEEN DISBANDED !!!...................

Then you can play your finals anytime you want !!! :angry::angry::angry::angry: :angry:

i think you will find the mining league announced the dates of all their finals at their agm at the start of the season and every club would have been represented at that meeting

also i totally agree with topcat the sunday league was formed for players who mainly through work couldnt play on a saturday . so if you have a lot of players in a team who play both days i think your asking for trouble . i think im right in saying the mining league said at their agm no finals would be changed for any reason

Its not un-common for a so-called 'Saturday league' final to be played on a Sunday, ive certainly been to few and if the day they chose to play it on falls on a Sunday League cup final day so be it. The Sunday league should either stop moaning and play it regardless or change their final date. The CCFA has got its priortitys and rightly so, 1st) Senior football, 2nd) Junior football and last but not least 3rd) Sunday league.

I know its hard on the TMS boys but its up to the club to either rearrange their sunday team, drop out of the cup (dont do that though lads) or pursuade the Sunday league to change its final fixture (which to me sounds the sensible option) because theres no way that the Dunne Cup final should be moved for the NALDERS League Cup final. :c:

I can't find this in the rule book. (The bit in bold about priortitys) Is this a new decision? Was it announced at the AGM? Has anyone voted on this?

Or is it just that that's the way you think it should be.

Guest Tezza11

Personally I will be happy to play in both games, and I am sure i'm not alone in this. We are not giving Falmouth Albion the cup thats for sure.........

Guest Jezza

Personally I will be happy to play in both games, and I am sure i'm not alone in this. We are not giving Falmouth Albion the cup thats for sure.........

up all night, changing nappies, play in both finals and still be first to the bar, the mans a legend alright......

I'll see you there Teggsy-boy taking the snaps and offering some abuse encouragement.... :drink:

it will take some driving skills though mate if im correct in saying that the sunday league game will be played at 10 30 kick off at wendron the game will finish at 12 10 ish........if we win which hopefuuly we will we will have to collect medals and trophey etc.......then we will have to get all the way down marazion for a 2 o clock kick off then when you are down there get changed into the 1st teams kit ........you are a better man then me tezza if you can do it :lol:

o and do you honestly belive ej can play both games??

Guest Luffy

It is not so much as playing two matches its if you get injured in the morning match then you would not be available for the afternoon match. Unfortunately although I enjoyed sunday football I am also in the opinion that the Saturday team has to come first.

Never know maybe able to sort it out, as someone said earlier sometimes your own success can come back to bite your a**e.

WELL A CAN OF WORMS HAS OPENED HERE THARS FOR SURE, FIRSTLY I AM SURE THAT A GAME OF FOOTBALL IS PLAYED FOR PLEASURE NO MATTER WHAT LEVEL IT IS, SO WHAT THE F..K PEOPLE ARE SAYING IS PRIORITY IS ALL BALLS :angry2: IF ANY OF YOU MUPPETS OUT THERE THAT ARE NOT INVOLVED WITH THIS ISSUE SHUD PUT YOURSELVES IN TMS SITUATTION.... IF IT HAPPEND TO YOUR CLUB WHAT WOULD YOU BE SAYING????? :SM_carton_y: WHY THE F..K SHUD THE SUNDAY LGE BE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PICKING LIST? IF IT WASNT FOR THE CCFA WE COULD POS PLAY THE FINAL ON A DIF DATE IF THEY WOULD LET US PLAY ON A PITCH ELSE WHERE... IF IT CANT BE RESOLVED AND IM SURE THE TMS BOYS WOULD PLAY BOTH GAMES CAN THEY NOT BE PLAYED AT MARAZION, THEN IM SURE THE MARAZION CLUB WOULD BE WELL HAPPY TO HAVE BOTH FINALS THERE!!!! OH NO THAT CANT HAPPEN ITS NOT IN THE AREA WE CAN PLAY OUR GAMES.. IV HAD ENOUGH OF THIS SH.T THE CCFA ARE TO BLAME BECAUSE THEY CANT ORGANISE A PISS UP IN A PUB :drink: I HAVE SAID ENOUGH NOW IF ANYONE CAN RESOLVE THIS ISSUE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT THE OUTCOME IS :o;) ONE FED UP MANAGER.

JEZZA I WILL NEVER FORFIT A GAME AS LONG AS I LIVE IM STILL UP FOR THE 3 CUPS..... :smiley20:

i think you will find the mining league announced the dates of all their finals at their agm at the start of the season and every club would have been represented at that meeting

also i totally agree with topcat the sunday league was formed for players who mainly through work couldnt play on a saturday . so if you have a lot of players in a team who play both days i think your asking for trouble . i think im right in saying the mining league said at their agm no finals would be changed for any reason

THIS IS BALLS, NO ONE IN THE AGM WOULD DO SUCH A THING AS PUT A DATE TO A FINAL AT THE BEGINING OF A SEASON, IF THEY HAVE PLEASE DO PUT A COPY OF THE MEETING ON HERE FOR ALL TO READ.. I DONT THINK YOU WILL FIND ONE!!!! :SM_carton:

THIS IS BALLS, NO ONE IN THE AGM WOULD DO SUCH A THING AS PUT A DATE TO A FINAL AT THE BEGINING OF A SEASON, IF THEY HAVE PLEASE DO PUT A COPY OF THE MEETING ON HERE FOR ALL TO READ.. I DONT THINK YOU WILL FIND ONE!!!! :SM_carton:

after the fiasco of last years dunn cup final with illogan being on tour on the day of the final the league decided to announce the dates of the cup finals at the agm and told all clubs to put them in their diary because they would not be changed . maybe ask phil pascoe he was probally there

after the fiasco of last years dunn cup final with illogan being on tour on the day of the final the league decided to announce the dates of the cup finals at the agm and told all clubs to put them in their diary because they would not be changed . maybe ask phil pascoe he was probally there

AS THE LGE HAVE THE POWER, AND TRADITIONALL THE CUP FINAL IS NORMALY PLAYED ON ONE OF THE SUNDAYS IN THE MIDDLE OF MAY. WHY CAN IT NOT BE PLAYED ON ONE OF THE SATS IN THE MIDDLE OF MAY!!!! IF THE GAMES TO REACH THE FINALS HAD BEEN POSPONED DUE TO BAD WEATHER ECT HOW WOULD THE DATE BE BOOKED FOR THE FINAL IF TEAMS WERE STILL AT THE SEMI FINAL STAGE?????? THE LGE WOULD THEN HAVE TO MOVE THE FINAL DATE OR WOULD THEY SAY " THERE WILL BE NO FINAL THIS YEAR DUE TO BAD WEATHER ECT" NO I DONT THINK SO THE FINAL WOULD BE MOVED TO FIT IN WITH THE LGE IM SURE.!!! I CANT SEE WHY THE MINING LGE CANT GIVE THE SUNDAY LGE A BIT OF SLACK AND WORK TOGETHER WITH US INSTEAD OF TRYIN TO RULE THE ROOST. IF THE PREMSHIP SAID THEY WANTED TO PLAY A FINAL ON THE SAME DAY ON ON OF THE PITCHES FOR THE FINALS WOULD THE MINING LGE SAY NO???? RESPOND TO THIS IN WHAT EVER WAY YOU CHOOSE BUT STOP PICKING ON THE SUNDAY LGE.! :SM_carton:

AS THE LGE HAVE THE POWER, AND TRADITIONALL THE CUP FINAL IS NORMALY PLAYED ON ONE OF THE SUNDAYS IN THE MIDDLE OF MAY. WHY CAN IT NOT BE PLAYED ON ONE OF THE SATS IN THE MIDDLE OF MAY!!!! IF THE GAMES TO REACH THE FINALS HAD BEEN POSPONED DUE TO BAD WEATHER ECT HOW WOULD THE DATE BE BOOKED FOR THE FINAL IF TEAMS WERE STILL AT THE SEMI FINAL STAGE?????? THE LGE WOULD THEN HAVE TO MOVE THE FINAL DATE OR WOULD THEY SAY " THERE WILL BE NO FINAL THIS YEAR DUE TO BAD WEATHER ECT" NO I DONT THINK SO THE FINAL WOULD BE MOVED TO FIT IN WITH THE LGE IM SURE.!!! I CANT SEE WHY THE MINING LGE CANT GIVE THE SUNDAY LGE A BIT OF SLACK AND WORK TOGETHER WITH US INSTEAD OF TRYIN TO RULE THE ROOST. IF THE PREMSHIP SAID THEY WANTED TO PLAY A FINAL ON THE SAME DAY ON ON OF THE PITCHES FOR THE FINALS WOULD THE MINING LGE SAY NO???? RESPOND TO THIS IN WHAT EVER WAY YOU CHOOSE BUT STOP PICKING ON THE SUNDAY LGE.! :SM_carton:

no1 is picking on the sunday league pricey the fixture was arranged a long time ago and traditionally been played on a sunday so why should they change there dates for sunday leageu???its up to both partys to sort some thing out!!!!

Well fellas some amazing comments which basically lays all the blame at the feet of the Sunday League for having the audacity of playing their Sunday League games on Sundays !!!!

Well I have a simple solution to keep all you Saturday boys happy next year ...

I WILL ADVISE CCFA THAT THE SUNDAY LEAGUE HAS BEEN DISBANDED !!!...................

Then you can play your finals anytime you want !!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Maybe that wouldnt be such a bad idea seeing as most of the Sunday games are called off because the grass is wet. :SM_carton: My sunday league team hasnt been involved in a league fixture (disapointinly for our manager and players who are all dying to play a game) for about 5 weeks wherea my Saturday team have had a game every weekend in the last 5 weeks. Maybe the Mining league arranged the Dunn Cup final on the same date as the Sunday final because they expected the Sunday game to be called off as per usual. :angry2:

Been reading this topic with interest.

Firstly, Richie - I admire your passion and commitment to the Sunday League cause but you seem to have had a right rant on here and your last posting really showed no respect to some of the other posters - everyone has a point of view. It may not always agree with yours, but points of view they still are. I didn't read of anyone being against the Sunday league, merely expressing their viewpoints. (And PS - most people post with CAPSLOCK off! :P )

Secondly, to avoid this happening again, as Jeremy suggested, surely it is not too difficult for the officials of both leagues to agree in early June before the AGMs on dates for finals. A bit of cooperation works wonders!

FInally, re the final at Marazion. Alan Wallace isn't a member of the Mining League committee. However, every time I have played at Marazion I have been made to feel very welcome by the club. It is a nice wide, flat, dry pitch and reasonable facilities. Perhaps there weren't too many other clubs putting their hands up to offer their services?

Can i just ask a question to the people who have posted on this topic that Sunday league fixtures can ONLY be played on a Sunday?

Next Wednesday Oxford FC play Tremough is a NALDERS Division 1 fixture and this doesnt seem to correspond with some of your claims. Can somebody explain this please? Preferbly without blaming it on fixture congestion because as many of you have said Sunday league games are not allowed to be played on any other day than a Sunday. Or was that just a load of crap that was made up to add weight to your arguement towards the Mining League moving the Dunne Cup final? :c:

Guest Jezza

Sorry guys... this now clashes with my Aunt Maud coming down for a visit, any chance we could change the date to the weekend after............ :D

Callum ............Can I assure you that the Sunday League FIXTURE secretary knows absolutely nothing about ANY game next Wednesday .

Perhaps both you and Tremough may have agreed to play each other .....but this has NOT been advised to the League or more importantly been Sanctioned by it .

Yet again doing things outside of the rules !!!!!! :(:( :(

Think Callum is a little bit more confused than usual, one of our remaining fixtures against Tremough has been arranged for the 31st May, which is a saturday!! our other fixture which was due to be a midweek game is now on the 11th May which is a Sunday, not sure if we will be able to field a team for the saturday fixture with us being a Sunday team but will cross that bridge when we come to it

Good to see some sense has prevailed with the dates for the two finals and good luck to all the teams involved