Cornwall Football Forum

Radio Cornwall's lowest

Guest L Binzo

Guest L Binzo

Not only was our only thirty minutes curtailed by music today.

We had an incorrect score for Dartmouth v Torpoint reported on air.

Have we reached the point when Dave is not available that there should not be a football half hour because it has no credibility.

I could be wrong but rather then asking managers for an extra point if they can name the scorers in order - perhaps Radio Cornwall reporters / editors can be asked (for an extra point) can get the Dartmouth v Torpoint score correct.

As somebody that has to work away from our beloved country (county (I am a Celt)) more than I would like we are left dependent on the BBC. Until today I thought their (the BBC (like the rest of the world)) reports were accurate. :SM_carton:

Not only was our only thirty minutes curtailed by music today.

We had an incorrect score for Dartmouth v Torpoint reported on air.

Have we reached the point when Dave is not available that there should not be a football half hour because it has no credibility.

I could be wrong but rather then asking managers for an extra point if they can name the scorers in order - perhaps Radio Cornwall reporters / editors can be asked (for an extra point) can get the Dartmouth v Torpoint score correct.

As somebody that has to work away from our beloved country (county (I am a Celt)) more than I would like we are left dependent on the BBC. Until today I thought their (the BBC (like the rest of the world)) reports were accurate. :SM_carton:

If you were a proper supporter, you'd have been at the game, not sitting in the warm listening to the radio :SM_carton: :lol:

Guest Ronin

If you were a proper supporter, you'd have been at the game, not sitting in the warm listening to the radio

Read it again Torpoint Imp - he works away :rolleyes:

Yesterdays presenter did not have a clue what to ask Alan Carey or Steve Massey, perfect opportunity to grill the Falmouth Boss on why they've slumped recently and lost at least 3 of their better players! All we ask is to get at least half hour of footy chat (which we never get), with a presenter who knows what there talking about.

I heard on saterday that the problem at Falmouth, was a dressing room problem, between two Brothers, no Names, & it was upsetting the other players, the Captain of falmouth, complained to the Manager, & action was taken, this what I heard at the match on Saterday,

I accept that Cullumpton Rangers are at the bottom of the League, But Falmouth looked a different, side from the past few weeks, Birchell, is back & he was on form & seemed to have a big influence, on the game.

I read from the Forum that Wadebridge are just about to enter the Premier SW League next Year, well done to them,

I hope that when they have their ground inspected, that the inspectors, do not come to Falmouth & inspect the Ground, The Pitch no problems, The state of the surrounding area, getting worse week by week, the covering area's each end are in danger of falling down completly, the grass is like a hay field,

I fell so upset when I see the club that I have suported for so many years, in such a bad state of repair

:blink::mellow::angry2: :c:

Is the money being generated in Falmouth being spent on players and not the ground.

Or as rumours have it, they want to move after selling their ground so what would be the point of ground improvements just to see the money wasted when the ground is levelled for a supermarket.

Ooops forgot to add they did spend some money out on the ground. They had to get parts for the hot water boiler so the players could have a hot shower!

Obviously I wasn't in the studio to confirm things either way, but the fact that the result is wrong in the results section of the sunday independent would suggest ECLP's thoughts - the material provided was wrong somewhere along the route of communications!

I obtained a complete set of SWPL results from Tony Kempster's website at 1730, and the Dartmouth/Torpoint was down as a 0-0 draw, so it does look like a communication problem which was not the fault of Radio Cornwall.

I heard on saterday that the problem at Falmouth, was a dressing room problem, between two Brothers, no Names, & it was upsetting the other players, the Captain of falmouth, complained to the Manager, & action was taken, this what I heard at the match on Saterday,

I accept that Cullumpton Rangers are at the bottom of the League, But Falmouth looked a different, side from the past few weeks, Birchell, is back & he was on form & seemed to have a big influence, on the game.

I read from the Forum that Wadebridge are just about to enter the Premier SW League next Year, well done to them,

I hope that when they have their ground inspected, that the inspectors, do not come to Falmouth & inspect the Ground, The Pitch no problems, The state of the surrounding area, getting worse week by week, the covering area's each end are in danger of falling down completly, the grass is like a hay field,

I fell so upset when I see the club that I have suported for so many years, in such a bad state of repair

:blink::mellow::angry2::c:

i think you will find this info is wrong hammers regarding the two brothers, i happen to be quite close to one of the players at town and it appears these lads were not happy with the lack of training, seeing as they were meant to be challenging to win the league, this to me shows passion and committment, i personally cannot believe a club shelling out all that money does not train, i hear they didnt train again last week.....shocking. From a very close source apparently the lack of training is due to the north devon boys not being able to make it, so massey would rather cancel it than all the other boys turn up and still be sub at the weekend.....would this not casue unrest in the changing rooms??? As for the captain having a word, that would suprise me very much because whenever i had watched town this season he has been very poor, so i wouldnt think he would have much to say. Hammers, have you thought that massey may have done this little soap episode at this stage of the season so people would say exactly what you have, and blame changing room unrest etc etc and the whole spotlight would be take off him for not achieving what he should have with what is the biggest budget in the league (maybe in south west football history other than truro)??? i think mid table finish last year and a 6th finish this year going through 60 odd players in the process speaks for itself. lovely man, very passionate and enthusiastic but probably more suited to a 'director of football' role rather than manager and his brother a childrens tv presenter!

Bloomy,

You may well be correct in what you say, I only stated what I was told, you know there is a saying, there are two sides to a story & the truth somewhere in the middle,

Whatever it is, to me it is not good for Falmouth town, but I am also sure that the only person who can answer the question is Steve Massey, that is if he feels inclined to tell us,

all I know is that the gates at Falmouth are reflected by the suporters who are staying away, although a true suporter would suport a team through thick & thin,

but I do think that whatever the problems, they need sorting out before the next season starts,

on the subject of the Town ground even if they do move it will take 2-3 years before they could move, so the problems with the ground surounds could become a Health & safety matter, I will say no more,

:mellow::huh::c: :c:

Guest Postie Pidge

Why not contact the club about the poor state of the surrounding area instead of posting on this forum?

Guest Man on the Post

What's really annoying is that the best sports presenter they've had still works for Radio Cornwall, one David White. (sorry Deacs). I believe Tommy would agree with that. :thumbsup: I wonder if he will ever do it again?

Postie Pidge,

You know how I feel & you also know that I have contacted the club, all that has been done so far is a few paving slabs put down in front of the hole in the wall, a waste of time,

I am only making these comments in hope that they will do something before there is an accident,

Why because I care about Falmouth Town,

& if something did happen, & I was asked to give evidence against Falmouth Town Football club, I would refuse, Because I am A falmouth man through & through,

but I say again they really must do something before it is two late.

Hammers :SM_carton_y::c: :c:

Man on the Post, Dave Deacon is really only the reporter with a slot at the bitter end of the programme which we all enjoy and look forward to.

It's the general presentation and programme content that I believe most of us are complaining about.

No doubt David White would do a fantastic job again but only if he was allowed to present the programme in his own way, without music and with a good deal more professionalism than is currently shown. Otherwise it would be David's version of a crap show! Anyway, he's on every day with his own show isn't he? He wouldn't give that up just to do Saturdays again.

Don't lay any blame on Dave or any of the other reporters because they're doing the best they can battling against a hefty tide of mediocrity and lack of local knowledge.

Well I was on Radio Cornwall and I thought I gave a superlative account about how I scored the winning goal agaisnt Hayle. I forgot to mention how well I played when I came on too, even though I've been bence for a while. I think I'll probably score the winning goal against Porthelevan tomorrrow night as well. I just wish Dave Deacon was hosting though because I've ben desperate to get on air with him in ages!!!

Guest plainmoor

If your all really that bothered about the programme then air your complaints here but be constructive don't just say 'it's rubbish' you have to say why.