Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results 5th April 2008

Div 1 West

Saturday 5th April :

Foxhole Stars 2 Penzance 0

Goonhavern 1 St Austell 2

(Abandoned 45 mins, result subject to Board Decision)

Hayle 2 Wadebridge Town 3

Millbrook 2 Camelford 3

Newquay 2 Dobwalls 1

Wendron United 2 Penryn Athletic 1

I believe the 3 points gained by Wadebridge today means they will be promoted to the SWPL Premier as Porthleven are staying down.

the ref in the goonhavern v st austell game was a disgrace to the proffesion made several huge mistakes admitted to them then said he had enough and was taking his ball home with him no respect for the game and none for himself :SM_carton::SM_carton:

Ah poor guy must of had a really bad day, maybe you should of given him a big hug and told him everything will be ok. :lol:

Guest Postie Pidge

If it was the appointed referee (won't name names) then I'd be very surprised. Having seen him a few times in the last few seasons and he makes a few controversial decisions and won't stand for anyone telling him otherwise!

Gary was correct - Torpoint did indeed win 1-0.

I took the results from Tony Kempster's website, which displayed the 0-0 result. I've checked this morning and it's now correctly showing 1-0. Did Torpoint score late on Gary?

You will notice that I have amended the result in the listing above. :smiley20:

If it was the appointed referee (won't name names) then I'd be very surprised. Having seen him a few times in the last few seasons and he makes a few controversial decisions and won't stand for anyone telling him otherwise!

This is him (pretty sure this is from yesterdays game)

http://www.cornwall-photos.com/photo/13237...rn-v-st-austell

That the one you're thinking of?

Guest Peppermint

Well done to Wadebridge Town on their achievement and this is well deserved and I am sure they will do very well in the Premier League next season.

I note that the League Officials are making an inspection of Bodieve Park next week and surely that will not be a problem considering some of the facilities that are available at some of the present Premier League clubs!

Once again congratulations to Stuart Dudley and his team and it will be fitting if they beat Porthleven on Wednesday evening and go on and win the title and they go up as Champions.

This is him (pretty sure this is from yesterdays game)

http://www.cornwall-photos.com/photo/13237...rn-v-st-austell

That the one you're thinking of?

Was everyone annoyed when he gave a high foot for this!! :SM_carton: :SM_carton: