Cornwall Football Forum

Dunn Cup semi final result

Good game played at our pitch.

A few rough tackles flying in, a few bookings and a sending off for Illogan, but it was a semi so passions were high!

Spice had the better of the first half, but Illogan must have had a good talking to at half time because they came out a completely different team. Credit to them for keeping composure even with a player off!

Just unlucky my older brother scored the winner....... will I ever hear the last of that one?

Hopefully we can meet Illogan in the final as we take on a strong TMS team tonight at Wendron.

Great result by Illogan last night with a fantastic turn out from the club as a whole to support them.

1st half Toppo ran the show for Spice winning everything in the air and on the floor but neither side ever looked like scoring

2nd half think Illogan must have received the old hair dryer treatment from Mr McNair and they really stepped up the effort and quality. slight change moving Elly up front also helped. About 15-20 mins to go Illogan did finally put a decent cross in and Ben Penberthy made no mistake with the header from 10 yards.

Illogan had a man sent off shortly after rather harshly in my opinion but Illogan defended well and showed great heart to win.

Man of the Match was easily young rusty on the left wing who was superb all night but Nilson callaway also had a great game in the middle for Illogan and Toppo was pick of the bunch for Spice.

Dave Thomas who plays right hand side. It wasn't a great tackle I must admit but didnt think it deserved a sending off.

Just heard as well that the final is 11th may at Marazion against TMS which should be a good day out for the club.

Should be a good final, 2nd year in a row RBL have made to the final & having beaten TMS recently I'm sure they must fancy their chances....also not having me,with my luck in finals they have a better chance than ever.

Good luck Illogan & hope Dave gets his ban through in time for the final.

tms 2-0 storm convincing win for the stones who started the game with 10 player due to work comitments and terrible driving :clapper:

storm only really created 2-3 chances in all of the game

nathan crowle with both goals and was mom

he was also the 11th man who turned up late :yahoo:

Guest Sullivan

Get in there!!! Should be a quality final. TMS have beaten Illogan twice this season but got knocked out of the PS Cup a couple of weeks ago. Could go either way! Once TMS have a full squad available again it's gonna be interesting.

Pity it wasn't a "Pitty" final, (sorry mate)!

Well done Illogan for getting there will be a great day out, Dunn Cup is still the Heartbeat of our League.

I'm afraid the years when Holmans were a permanant fixture in the Dunn cup final are but a distant memory General but best of luck to both TMS and Illogan who i'm sure will provide a good competitive match on sunday 11th May

May 11th could be very interesting now ...........

TMS sunday team are in a final at Wendron in the morning !!!

and as a number of 1st teamers are in that side ..........can the Mining league force them to play on a Sunday ???

The Nalders Sunday League Cup Final date WILL not be changed !!!!!!!!

No way the Dunn Cup can be changed either now I would think as last year we as in Illogan were on a football tour the same weekend as the Dunn Cup final and they wouldnt change it for us so those lads playing in it had to be up and driving back to cornwall from Swansea at 7am of the sunday so they could play.

Its just unlucky thats all.

May 11th could be very interesting now ...........

TMS sunday team are in a final at Wendron in the morning !!!

and as a number of 1st teamers are in that side ..........can the Mining league force them to play on a Sunday ???

The Nalders Sunday League Cup Final date WILL not be changed !!!!!!!!

whys that then?

The date was changed last year because it was originally on the same day Truro played in the vase final at wembley.

I remember because at the time Illogan had a full squad to put out then the date was changed which clashed with the tour...very frustrating but its not impossible for the date to be changed just need the powers that be to have a decent reason...like Truro playing at wembley.

.Old habits Nigel .......+ I get bored stuck at home !!!

Personally don`t see why our Sunday League has to play 2nd fiddle to Mining League Finals ,

after all we can only play on Sundays ..........they can play 7 days a week ! :SM_carton::SM_carton:

I am sure the TMS players are not happy either . :(:(

.and they knew when our finals were being played and the teams competing BEFORE they booked their dates