Cornwall Football Forum

WHAT'S YOUR THOUGHTS ON A SATURDAY SPORTS SHOW?

Dave Deacon

Remember the Saturday afternoon radio Sports show that Dale Godding put on a little while back now?

Well, I understand from Dale that he’s up for it again.

Radio St Austell Bay is about to amalgamate with another radio station and with this comes new studios and a larger, stronger signal. Needless to say, you could also pick it up anywhere via your smart phone app, wifi etc.

And Dale is up for restarting the sport show, but only really IF there is sufficient demand and that’s where the readers of this forum can be useful for some feedback, please.

As I well know from experience, every show Dale puts out requires hours of preparation and so it would be handy for him to know that he’s not wasting his time even considering a return!

The show contained interviews with different sports people and when the action began around the county, he would go into match updates and post-match interviews. Primarily football based I’m glad to say!

So, what do you reckon? Could we do with an alternative to other current radio stations within the county that put out sports coverage on a Saturday afternoon?

Dale would love to read any thoughts.

Any reporting and interviews regarding local football would / should be welcomed by all concerned with local sport even if for no other reason than the free publicity gained.

Apart from comments about Truro City games, Radio Cornwall appears to be more rugby based with regular rugby game comentaries.

We came accross this post more by accident than design, and feel that responses would be increased if the post was repeated accross the various leagues that we guess are invariably are the only sections visited by supporters of a specific team and the league they play in.

We may be entirely wrong but it's worth a try if responses are slow.

Great idea as we all miss the spotlight old days and radio cornwall old broadcasts that even gave us the duchy league and junior cup results and draws……

tuning on the way home after a game to hear the scores… classic… 

make it local, make it FULLY inclusive of the new St Pirans League (all divisions) as well 

why not have the ability for a club rep (authorised of course) to either call in with a live update or better still text into the show with goal flashes, cards etc in a vidiprinter style? 
 Just don’t make it exclusive to step 6 and above … 

was one of the regulars who dale contacted for updates . absolutely a good idea to come back and go again. also agree with countyman  to get a selection of updates from various levels of football  on a saturday afternoon not just the steps 4-6  teams. all you need to do is be at a game  with phone to hand .

always a pleasure with a little of good old humour thrown in for good measure.

Many thanks for the kind replies.

The idea is to start at 1.30 use the first hour to chat to any club/any sport in the county then from 2.30 pick up local reporters CAN YOU HELP?? then add SWPL and Western reporters from 3pm to the mix.. From 4.30 start talking to the 2.30 ko managers CAN YOU HELP then scores as they come in please text me 07860622989. into other managers from 5.05  I finish at 6.30 Regards, Dale.