Cornwall Football Forum

Shaun Middleton new Newquay manager

Heard Shaun Middleton is the new Newquay Manager and will be helped by his assitant Paul Robinson hope this is true both real football People and Shaun has been associated with Newquay football for a long time and Paul was with St Dennis for  a long time and will be a asset .

No big name manager but these people are genuine unlike some who just talk about money all the time i think this could be a very good appointment we only need a team now and im sure these 2 will both have contacts .

So Liam Eddy has joined St Austell they will have a good team this year and if Eddy can stay clear free of injury St Austell will be near the top .

I heard from my St Austell Source that a player asked to be paid in the region of £300 a match and they said no so he has decided to move on brilliant player but his wage demands are a joke who in there right mind would pay that but i do think he is good enough for Truro and they should give him a trial in there pre season matches i better not name him but he does move a round a bit last season in 1 week he played for 3 different clubs .

Well done Newquay good appointment some of the Newquay players may stay now Shaun and Paul are respected in football circles now get a team in place be nice if Harry Ashton stays now if not got a good replacement in Harry Salmon .

Ok final note start naming your pre season friendlies NEWQUAY 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Heard Shaun Middleton is the new Newquay Manager and will be helped by his assitant Paul Robinson hope this is true both real football People and Shaun has been associated with Newquay football for a long time and Paul was with St Dennis for  a long time and will be a asset .

No big name manager but these people are genuine unlike some who just talk about money all the time i think this could be a very good appointment we only need a team now and im sure these 2 will both have contacts .

So Liam Eddy has joined St Austell they will have a good team this year and if Eddy can stay clear free of injury St Austell will be near the top .

I heard from my St Austell Source that a player asked to be paid in the region of £300 a match and they said no so he has decided to move on brilliant player but his wage demands are a joke who in there right mind would pay that but i do think he is good enough for Truro and they should give him a trial in there pre season matches i better not name him but he does move a round a bit last season in 1 week he played for 3 different clubs .

Well done Newquay good appointment some of the Newquay players may stay now Shaun and Paul are respected in football circles now get a team in place be nice if Harry Ashton stays now if not got a good replacement in Harry Salmon .

Are you sure you got the right info for Newquay and st austell now? You’re worse the the sun newspaper recently. 
poor appointment if you ask me. Gone from a manager who had built the club back up given them a solid position looking to progress further in the season season and club sack him. Shaun’s been involved before and it’s not worked out. He’s a cheap option and it will all be young players. They will struggle in bottom half.  The report says Shaun knows the league that was 15-20 years ago. Own it’s totally different to then

Cornish Legend says it will be all young players that Shaun brings in to Newquay didnt a famous Commentator say you wont win nothing with Kids  and a certain Man UTD proved him wrong .Could be some exciting times ahead for Newquay young Harry Salmon in goal and Noah Teagle and some old heads that will help the youngsters . I think the dark horses will be Truro City reserves i have watched them a few times and they play lovely footy but i think the top 4 will now be LISKEARD 2 WADEBRIDGE 3 WENDRON 4 ST AUSTELL NEWQUAY I will say 10th 

56 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Cornish Legend says it will be all young players that Shaun brings in to Newquay didnt a famous Commentator say you wont win nothing with Kids  and a certain Man UTD proved him wrong .Could be some exciting times ahead for Newquay young Harry Salmon in goal and Noah Teagle and some old heads that will help the youngsters . I think the dark horses will be Truro City reserves i have watched them a few times and they play lovely footy but i think the top 4 will now be LISKEARD 2 WADEBRIDGE 3 WENDRON 4 ST AUSTELL NEWQUAY I will say 10th 

That's if Liskeard can hold on to their players now, James Lorenz the first to go. Signed for Torpoint. 

Could be a few leaving when Martin Hodge goes and manages another club been the same group of players playing for Liskeard for years and that means they respect the manager , Bit of a surprise Lorenz moving hes been there a long time but is injured a lot but a fit Lorenz is some player bit like Liam Eddy i would of had those 2 as my top scorers this year 

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

💯 the weekly predictions for next season are foolhardy! Until June 1 no-one is registered with any team and even after that someone’s ‘commitment’ to a club is sometimes as strong as waiting until someone offers a tenner more before moving on. You have no idea who might be turning out for even your Mints next season, let alone tracking events elsewhere!

In the last couple of years we’ve even had clubs pulling out of the league between seasons ending and the next beginning.

Two points that will be of interest to me - Silly Billy says my favourite Liskeard layer James Lorenz is off to the Mill. If he’s fit at the season start it will be fascinating to see how he does. I certainly wish him nothing but the best!

Secondly, I’ll be interested to see how Truro’s young guns do in the SWPL. If the team is largely retained I think they will do very well, but as I said above, no-one has a clue to line-ups in August!

35 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Could be a few leaving when Martin Hodge goes and manages another club been the same group of players playing for Liskeard for years and that means they respect the manager , Bit of a surprise Lorenz moving hes been there a long time but is injured a lot but a fit Lorenz is some player bit like Liam Eddy i would of had those 2 as my top scorers this year 

In my view Lorenz, when fit, was the most talented player in a squad of excellent talents! Not only that, I’d say at his best, he was maybe the best all round forward in the SWPL!

On 25/05/2023 at 18:26, 100%cornish said:

A player in the st austell team of last season asked for 300 pounds a week to play again this season. 
You do your level best to get a bite on here don’t you.

Are you bored since Godolphin went belly up ? 

I do like to wind you people up no one in the St Austell team is worth £3OO a week anyway sorry Neil but the player that asked for that kind of money is a hell of a player and if he had stayed with this team i think they would of had a good season now i think with him gone they will struggle ,

Doesnt take much to get a bite on here i do miss Godolphin and the lovely people who where associated with the team but like the Tattoo of the Phoenix they will rise and be good again ,but i will be following Newquay and Shaun who is a great lad and will be a great manager .

Ok i have my line out waiting for a bite so i can reel all you poor buggers in 

Announced on Twitter this evening that Jared Simms and Bradley Leivers joining Falmouth Town for next season from Newquay.

Big loss for Newquay but decent additions for  Falmouth Town.  Grapevine says that Westy has been keen to sign Bradley Leivers for the last few seasons. Always looked a quality player who makes the game look effortless.

Great appointment, not a track record at that level but clearly has Newquay’s best interests. I don’t know him personally but have seen him running the u14s to the league title and runners up in the cup (to illogan🖤🤍❤️), also was ref when my u10s played Newquay so that speaks volumes for me as he’s obviously a man that knows the club and has an interest in not just the men’s 1st team but the club as a whole, in my opinion clubs need to be looking more down this route than bringing in a quick fix that is only interested in one thing.
Also a mention to Paul Robertson who  is a great man and great character who will also bring so much stability to the squad that has a love for the club 

👌👌

So 2 more Newquay players have left and both gone to Falmouth Brad Leivers will be badly missed he was brilliant for NEWQUAY and Jared Sims started off slow but the 2nd part of the season he was really good even i gave him the MOM a few times .

Falmouth will have a real good side this year with Alex Wharton returning but was surprised to see Truro Res goalie Morgan Coxhead joining Falmouth as well he wont replace Ryan Barnes because hes so good unless Ryan is going somewhere   else 

Looking forward to going to Bodmin to see them play Truro and Falmouth in Pre Season hoping Wadebridge announce there pre season friendlies soon and i hope Mousehole comes down even though they have announced there friendlies and Wadebridge is not on the list just watched there brilliant Documentary Way Out West what a team they are and what brilliant people who help out there got to admire them .I do 

21 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

I do like to wind you people up no one in the St Austell team is worth £3OO a week anyway sorry Neil but the player that asked for that kind of money is a hell of a player and if he had stayed with this team i think they would of had a good season now i think with him gone they will struggle ,

Doesnt take much to get a bite on here i do miss Godolphin and the lovely people who where associated with the team but like the Tattoo of the Phoenix they will rise and be good again ,but i will be following Newquay and Shaun who is a great lad and will be a great manager .

Ok i have my line out waiting for a bite so i can reel all you poor buggers in 

People bite because of the rubbish you write I think even you must look back and ‘think why have I written that’ 

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Barnsey already announced he’s stepping away! Hence Town signing a replacement for him.

Any idea where he is headed? Played a big part in Falmouth’s success over the last few years!? 

So 2 more Newquay players have left and both gone to Falmouth Brad Leivers will be badly missed he was brilliant for NEWQUAY and Jared Sims started off slow but the 2nd part of the season he was really good even i gave him the MOM a few times .

Falmouth will have a real good side this year with Alex Wharton returning but was surprised to see Truro Res goalie Morgan Coxhead joining Falmouth as well he wont replace Ryan Barnes because hes so good unless Ryan is going somewhere   else 

Looking forward to going to Bodmin to see them play Truro and Falmouth in Pre Season hoping Wadebridge announce there pre season friendlies soon and i hope Mousehole comes down even though they have announced there friendlies and Wadebridge is not on the list just watched there brilliant Documentary Way Out West what a team they are and what brilliant people who help out there got to admire them .I do 

Great news if all those players returning to Newquay but will believe it when they are on the Mt Wise Pitch Ross Fallens is the player i wanted back brilliant player , cant see Louis Price returning why would he want to leave a great side like Mousehole ,be nice if JBE returned and Callum McConie as well . 

Just have to wait and see what happens 

Got my another match pencilled in for pre season a nice trip to Wadebridge on 7th July to see Tavi play there so thats 3 done for now hopefully Helston and maybe Mousehole will fit in a friendly around this area 

5 hours ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

Phil Lowry, Ross Fallens, Tom Shepherd and Dan Carne all back to nqy! Louis Price might come back but got lots of offers before confirm. Nqy going to be top 3 I think well done to local men coming back from wadebridge good season coming up! 

Can’t see any of them making a difference now. Not young spring chickens anymore. 

On 25/05/2023 at 18:26, 100%cornish said:

Congratulations to Shaun Middleton and his assistant on their appointment at Newquay AFC.

Good luck for next season.

Regards Nigel Worrall 

2 brilliant signings in Ross and Louis returning to the club real quality , now all we need is Callum McConie and JBE returning and what a team that is being assembled at Mt Wise just need to sort out the defence now and hopefully Harry Ashton will have a change of heart and stay with Newquay if not got a handy replacement in Harry Salmon who was brilliant when he had to step in Harry Ashtons shoes . Be nice to have a 20 goal striker havnt had 1 of them for a long time maybe Rappo could just hang around the goalmouth area bet he could still knock them in even with his dodgey knees .

Maybe Louis Price could be the striker the team has been crying out for .

Happy Days could be returning to Mt Wise 

57 minutes ago, baldy said:

Tom Whipp, Noah Teagle and Harry Ashton announced as new players for St Austell, all from Newquay.

Also Jake Shaw, full back from ?????

Jake nqy right back, good player. Sad to see harry go only player to speak at every game win lose draw kept nqy in a lot of games. Wish him luck but grass not greener over there he be back like fallens price lowry and shepherd. Teagle good player but fallens better and whipp replaced by harry downing who is better played for mousehole. NQY still be fine Harry Salmon will play in goal.

Will miss having a talk with Harry Ashton at Newquay really nice chap but a really good replacement in young Harry Salmon will miss Noah Teagle playing in a Newquay shirt brilliant player .

Newquay building a real good team and Harry Downing what a player he is ,Shame Jake Shaw has also left Newquay great attacking full back .  

Cant wait for Pre Season to start to see this Newquay side in action 

8 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Will miss having a talk with Harry Ashton at Newquay really nice chap but a really good replacement in young Harry Salmon will miss Noah Teagle playing in a Newquay shirt brilliant player .

Newquay building a real good team and Harry Downing what a player he is ,Shame Jake Shaw has also left Newquay great attacking full back .  

Cant wait for Pre Season to start to see this Newquay side in action 

Harry Downing is a superb young centre back, but I think he is playing college football (or soccer) in California at the moment.  Probably only with Newquay for the opening weeks of the season.

Be nice if Louis Price was to get 30 goals so i am going to Tip Newquay to win the league ,St Austell 2nd  Wadebridge 3rd and Liskeard 4th now St Austell to be 2nd due to them signing Liam Eddy if he stays fit over 20 goals for him Wadebridge Jacob Rowe another 20 goal a season player and Liskeard 4th i had then down to win the league but that was before James Lorenz and James Rowe left i think young  Finn Bartlett will be used a lot more for Liskeard this season but it wont be the same without Martin Hodge in the Liskeard dugout .

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Be nice if Louis Price was to get 30 goals so i am going to Tip Newquay to win the league ,St Austell 2nd  Wadebridge 3rd and Liskeard 4th now St Austell to be 2nd due to them signing Liam Eddy if he stays fit over 20 goals for him Wadebridge Jacob Rowe another 20 goal a season player and Liskeard 4th i had then down to win the league but that was before James Lorenz and James Rowe left i think young  Finn Bartlett will be used a lot more for Liskeard this season but it wont be the same without Martin Hodge in the Liskeard dugout .

Do you really think Wendron will go from successive top 3 finishes to not even making the top 4 next season?

5 hours ago, Fan of all ball said:

Louis Price will get 30 this season. Great signing for Shaun.
With lots of clubs chasing promotion, will need those goals to stand a chance. Has it been announced how many get promoted if merging end of next season?

Agree 30 goals min for Louis maybe if Mconie come to could be best front three in league. Fink so far got to say nqy fav to win league. Turner fallens shepherd midfield is hard to beat. 

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

Do you really think Wendron will go from successive top 3 finishes to not even making the top 4 next season?

It’s too early to be predicting anything. But I’m sure wendron will defo be in the mix. They’re a very settled side & as far as I’m aware there’s no movement from them so will defo be tgere. Egardi g Newquay & st Austell they’re definitely showing their intentions which is what’s worrying me regarding Liskeard. We’ve not heard about anyone coming in. Only Lorenz & Rowe leaving. I can’t see how they can replace Lorenz. To me the best player in that league. I think if he wasn’t injured for half of last season they would’ve pushed blazey harder. It’ll be interesting once teams are allowed to sign players then  we’ll all know have a better idea of favourites etc… 

Wendron are a great club they dont go  about saying what they are doing or who they sign they just go under the radar and get on dwith things I would love to see them win the league but just think Newquay , St Austell and Wadebridge have more resourses but what do i know the way Wendron took St Blazey apart on the last day of the season they will be there or there abouts Josh Wood looked very good when i saw them play .

Newquays Midfield will be 1 of the strongest around but i cannot see Louis Price scoring 30 odd goals and another concern is the young goalie Harry Salmon there will be a lot on his shoulders .

I was going to have Truro Res  as ark horses for the title but not now that they have lost there goalie Morgan Coxhead to Falmouth and top Scorer George Newton to Tavi .Wonder what is happening to Falmouths brilliant goalie Ryan Barnes i had heard he didnt want to do the travelling anymore think a lot of players will feel the same .

It’s looking very confusing up newquay now. They got rid of the best manager they have had for a while after his build and climb up the league and they wanted to change the budget and not give more this season. And now they are bringing players back who will be expecting a decent wedge back to the club? So has the budget gone up again now and if so why didn’t they do that for Craig? 

5 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

You make me laugh with your post. All the crap you post on here now newquay sign a couple hasbins and bring back louis and he’s going to score 30 goals and win the league now. But Jaffa is going to score 10 goals left in a good solid wadebridge side? You do give me a giggle Steve 

5 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

don’t need to worry about liskeard all in order mr cornish👏🏻 

It does make you wander where Newquay have got there money from Louis Price isnt going to leave Mousehole for nothing but good luck to  them im looking forward to the New Newquay side managed by a real Newquay man . 

I said Jaffa would get 20 goals or more hes a great goal scorer just  a pity him or Matt Lloyd where not coming to play for Newquay just the sort of player they need . 

When are all these signings confirmed as a fixed signing, or are players still able to sign for multiple clubs and then choose the highest bidder as the club to play for.

On a seperate note, it will be an interesting season 23/24 if the points deduction system for misconduct is properly applied.

7 minutes ago, We Two said:

When are all these signings confirmed as a fixed signing, or are players still able to sign for multiple clubs and then choose the highest bidder as the club to play for.

On a seperate note, it will be an interesting season 23/24 if the points deduction system for misconduct is properly applied.

Won’t apply at this level.

17 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

It does make you wander where Newquay have got there money from Louis Price isnt going to leave Mousehole for nothing but good luck to  them im looking forward to the New Newquay side managed by a real Newquay man . 

I said Jaffa would get 20 goals or more hes a great goal scorer just  a pity him or Matt Lloyd where not coming to play for Newquay just the sort of player they need . 

Don’t need them to come and play for newquay if you say price will score 30 and win the league already 😂😂