Cornwall Football Forum

Why are North Petherwin..............?

I have 2 queries, why are North Petherwin in the Premier but Foxhole are in league below.

Also reserves sides for St Austell and Callington are in the top league, shouldn’t there be a gap between 1st and 2nd teams.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Why are North Petherwin..............?
1 hour ago, iand said:

I have 2 queries, why are North Petherwin in the Premier but Foxhole are in league below.

Also reserves sides for St Austell and Callington are in the top league, shouldn’t there be a gap between 1st and 2nd teams.

North Petherwin applied for promotion to St Piran (Prem) which is a Step 7 feeder league. They finished in the required top 5 league position and met all ground criteria. Foxhole did not apply.

And yes there should be a gap. Where that gap MUST take place though I'm unsure as I know you can't have a club with teams at both Step 5 and 6. Maybe you can have two teams at Steps 6 and 7? OR, maybe the rule changed after the formation of St Piran League a couple of years ago because clubs like StA and Calli have had teams in these two leagues (old ECPL) for a long time! 

5 hours ago, iand said:

FT3 has correctly answered the North Petherwin point.

There doesn't have to be a gap between a first team and it's reserve team until you get to Step 6.  At that level the the NLS Regulations state 'There must be a minimum of two Steps between a first and reserve team. This does not apply at Steps 6 and Feeder League level. No two teams from the same Club can play at the same Step.'  The definition of 'between' depends on who you speak to in the FA.