Cornwall Football Forum

North petherwin v Foxhole

NP 0-2 Foxhole

Benno

Cowboy ️ (pen)

A lovely day in the sunshine Saturday. A fitting way for the trophy presentation. I must say what a Surface it was to play on aswel. Pitch was immaculate. 

1st half, it was all NP, we couldn’t get a foot hold on the game with passes going wayward and us not being able to actually string 3 passes together. But managed to defend well and keep the home side to limited chances. Although we couldn’t have complained if we fell behind to the Leagues runners up before the half was out, with the way we were playing. 

HT the young gaffa Seth gave us a bit of a rollicking and the lads had to take note as it simply wasn’t good enough. It helped as the 2nd half we controlled the game and deserved to get the goals we did through benno and cowboy. NP keeper made a couple of fine saves to keep the score down. 
was nice to get the 3 points. 

A huge congrats to NP on their season. Been fantastic this year and the facilities up there have come a long way from last season when I visited there, so again a massive well done to them. 
3 more for us to go now, starting at Nanpean tomorrow night. hopefully we can finish this long season undefeated. 🙌🏻🦊🤍🖤

image.thumb.png.100b971e0fb8601f0e142fbd11329022.png

Thanks Lee for the kind words on Petherwin. Congrats again and hope you boys enjoyed those Saturday celebrations fully deserved.

Agree on the flow of the game, we really should have been 2 up at half time especially with that header we missed from 6 yards. TBH similar tale to when we came to yours we had chances in that first half just didnt take them. Second half we just didnt get going and allowed you guys to grow into the game, i thought yourself and Angel were excellent at the back and Benno dropping into those pockets caused us issues, you fully deserved the 3 points. Good luck in your quest for undefeated 

guard of honour.jpg